You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread
September 20 2019 9.20pm

The Brexit Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1780 of 2141 < 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 >

 

Pussay Patrol Flag 12 May 19 8.18pm

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Only you can really answer that. I think you were fed disinformation so were not in a position to know.

maybe he's gone away to think about it

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 12 May 19 8.35pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Only you can really answer that. I think you were fed disinformation so were not in a position to know.

I will answer it, I was always in favour of a referendum and was going to vote leave before any disinformation was served upon me. I was in a position to know and am more than comfortable with my decision so please don't try to insinuate that I was led and don't have enough brain cells to make a informed decision

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 12 May 19 8.35pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger


That is bollocks and you know it.

You don't have a referendum unless you are going to respect the result and that is exactly what was promised. I don't care about your mealy mouthed technicalities.
You would be claiming foul if a Remain victory was ignored and you know it, so for the umpteenth time, spare us your bad loser claptrap.

It is pathetic.

Go Nigel go.

Untrue. You can hold a referendum to gauge public opinion. You can hold one, as Cameron did, in an attempt to quieten a noisy wing of a party and stop a possible drift away to another party. Cameron got it badly wrong by not factoring in how much easier it is to sell change and so much harder to sell the status quo.

A remain "victory" would not have to be ignored because nothing would need to be changed. It's the difficulty involved in finding a pathway to a Brexit that Parliament can accept that's the problem.

Our current problem is that the electorate are again being fed lies and no-one is calling them out aggressively enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 12 May 19 8.36pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

maybe he's gone away to think about it

I was actually at the game today! I have replied

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 12 May 19 8.39pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

You get worse.
Make that countryside walk a long one.


Sometimes telling an uncomfortable truth that has previously not been identified unsettles people.

Truth it is though.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 12 May 19 8.44pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I will answer it, I was always in favour of a referendum and was going to vote leave before any disinformation was served upon me. I was in a position to know and am more than comfortable with my decision so please don't try to insinuate that I was led and don't have enough brain cells to make a informed decision

Fine. There was a decent number who were always opposed to the EU. To get to 48% though needed a big swing and it was the Leave campaign which did that. Change is always an attractive option to those willing to "give things a go". Add the lies and the weakness of the Remain campaign and they got the result. Just! Doesn't mean it was wise, or indeed it is still valid today.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 12 May 19 8.53pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Fine. There was a decent number who were always opposed to the EU. To get to 48% though needed a big swing and it was the Leave campaign which did that. Change is always an attractive option to those willing to "give things a go". Add the lies and the weakness of the Remain campaign and they got the result. Just! Doesn't mean it was wise, or indeed it is still valid today.

So you admit the Remain campaign lied! I hope PP and Steeleye are reading this. As for it being valid, please give it a rest

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 12 May 19 9.00pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle


Sometimes telling an uncomfortable truth that has previously not been identified unsettles people.

Truth it is though.

It's your uncomfortable truth bud, not mine (or many others).
You put your faith in politicians despite the ''uncomfortable truth'' that our lives are getting worse, not better, because of politicians.
I've asked you before why is it that those we've followed are better-off than us and those that follow us will be far worse off? You never answer because you can't............despite my continual prompting.

'D' is also for 'Deluded'.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Pussay Patrol Flag 12 May 19 9.25pm

Originally posted by .TUX.

It's your uncomfortable truth bud, not mine (or many others).
You put your faith in politicians despite the ''uncomfortable truth'' that our lives are getting worse, not better, because of politicians.
I've asked you before why is it that those we've followed are better-off than us and those that follow us will be far worse off? You never answer because you can't............despite my continual prompting.

'D' is also for 'Deluded'.

Perhaps "D" is for "don't give a s***" as to why you never get an answer?

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
Pussay Patrol Flag 12 May 19 9.28pm

Originally posted by Spiderman

I will answer it, I was always in favour of a referendum and was going to vote leave before any disinformation was served upon me. I was in a position to know and am more than comfortable with my decision so please don't try to insinuate that I was led and don't have enough brain cells to make a informed decision

Don't tell me, you knew about the Irish Border back before 2016 and knew it would sort it itself out one way or the other?

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 12 May 19 9.32pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

Perhaps "D" is for "don't give a s***" as to why you never get an answer?

Why are we continually poorer than those we've followed tells you everything you need to know about politics/politicians.

'D' is for 'Dumb'?


 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 12 May 19 9.36pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Untrue. You can hold a referendum to gauge public opinion. You can hold one, as Cameron did, in an attempt to quieten a noisy wing of a party and stop a possible drift away to another party. Cameron got it badly wrong by not factoring in how much easier it is to sell change and so much harder to sell the status quo.

A remain "victory" would not have to be ignored because nothing would need to be changed. It's the difficulty involved in finding a pathway to a Brexit that Parliament can accept that's the problem.

Our current problem is that the electorate are again being fed lies and no-one is calling them out aggressively enough.

You live in your own world of rationalisation.

Great. Because in your delusion, you will always be right.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1780 of 2141 < 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread