You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Songs about Heroin
July 16 2018 2.05am

Songs about Heroin

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Play our World Cup 2018 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2018

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View punksnotdead's Profile punksnotdead Flag croydon 06 Nov 16 1.10pm Send a Private Message to punksnotdead Add punksnotdead as a friend

The Lurkers Heroin (it's) all over
The Ruts Love in vein
The Ruts H eyes

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cannonball's Profile Cannonball Flag Oxley, Arkansas 06 Nov 16 7.38pm Send a Private Message to Cannonball Add Cannonball as a friend

Originally posted by Part Time James

I wish people would stop saying Johnny Cash. I mean, I love Cash and it was a superb cover, but it's not his song!

I know its not his song but I prefer his version so I think I'm entitled to mention it.

 


"When I look at people I don't see colours; I just see crackpot religions"
(Chief Wiggum-The Simpsons)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Part Time James's Profile Part Time James Flag Burgess Hill 07 Nov 16 7.37am Send a Private Message to Part Time James Add Part Time James as a friend

Originally posted by Cannonball

I know its not his song but I prefer his version so I think I'm entitled to mention it.

Oh ok

I thought we were being asked for a list of songs people wrote about heroin, not our favourites. And Cash didn't write this one. But if I'm honest I can't remember what the original remit was anyway and that'd still be massively pedantic of me either way. As you were!

Edited by Part Time James (07 Nov 2016 7.40am)

 


"Matches don't come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals" - Neil Warnock

Twitter: @PartTimeJames

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nettletoneagle's Profile nettletoneagle Flag market rasen 07 Nov 16 8.57am Send a Private Message to nettletoneagle Add nettletoneagle as a friend

Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Hoof Hearted 07 Nov 16 11.41am

Originally posted by Cannonball

I know its not his song but I prefer his version so I think I'm entitled to mention it.

I mentioned it right at the start of the thread so you were only repeating it anyway.

James is right about 9" nails writing the song, but for me I prefer Johnny Cash's version.

It's all about opinions though.

No point getting cross it's supposed to be FUN TALK!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Part Time James's Profile Part Time James Flag Burgess Hill 07 Nov 16 11.42am Send a Private Message to Part Time James Add Part Time James as a friend

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

I mentioned it right at the start of the thread so you were only repeating it anyway.

James is right about 9" nails writing the song, but for me I prefer Johnny Cash's version.

It's all about opinions though.

No point getting cross it's supposed to be FUN TALK!

No one is cross I don't think. Unless he was cross with me for being a pedant, and that's a fair cop!

 


"Matches don't come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals" - Neil Warnock

Twitter: @PartTimeJames

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Hoof Hearted 07 Nov 16 11.42am

Originally posted by Part Time James

Oh ok

I thought we were being asked for a list of songs people wrote about heroin, not our favourites. And Cash didn't write this one. But if I'm honest I can't remember what the original remit was anyway and that'd still be massively pedantic of me either way. As you were!

Edited by Part Time James (07 Nov 2016 7.40am)

You could have just looked at my original post James.

There are/were no rules... as I just said its FUN TALK!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Part Time James's Profile Part Time James Flag Burgess Hill 07 Nov 16 11.45am Send a Private Message to Part Time James Add Part Time James as a friend

I always wondered whether "She's My Heroine" by Skunk Anansie had a double meaning. Skin said it was about a woman she used to date that was bad for her, but I kinda assumed there was an analogy to the addictiveness of a drug that'll consume you if you're not careful.

 


"Matches don't come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals" - Neil Warnock

Twitter: @PartTimeJames

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Part Time James's Profile Part Time James Flag Burgess Hill 07 Nov 16 11.46am Send a Private Message to Part Time James Add Part Time James as a friend

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

You could have just looked at my original post James.

There are/were no rules... as I just said its FUN TALK!

Now you are the one getting cross! Calm down dear!

And since when have I ever scrolled back through a thread to see what it was actually about? You don't know me at all!

 


"Matches don't come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals" - Neil Warnock

Twitter: @PartTimeJames

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Hoof Hearted 07 Nov 16 11.53am

Originally posted by Part Time James

Now you are the one getting cross! Calm down dear!

And since when have I ever scrolled back through a thread to see what it was actually about? You don't know me at all!

Am I bollocks James.....

Just a reminder to keep it fun.

At the very start of the thread I had some Muppet telling me off for not putting The Velvet Underground - Heroin as the first song FFS.

Get a grip people.... this is a fun forum FFS.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Part Time James's Profile Part Time James Flag Burgess Hill 07 Nov 16 11.56am Send a Private Message to Part Time James Add Part Time James as a friend

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

Am I bollocks James.....

Just a reminder to keep it fun.

At the very start of the thread I had some Muppet telling me off for not putting The Velvet Underground - Heroin as the first song FFS.

Get a grip people.... this is a fun forum FFS.

Good job no one said it was by the Doors...

 


"Matches don't come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals" - Neil Warnock

Twitter: @PartTimeJames

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cantrbury eagle's Profile cantrbury eagle Flag Canterbury 07 Nov 16 12.04pm Send a Private Message to cantrbury eagle Add cantrbury eagle as a friend

Although he is about as trendy as me, and I am Mr square I give you.

Captain Jack by Billy Joel apparently Captain Jack was a heroin dealer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Songs about Heroin