You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Stadium plans
July 16 2019 5.12pm

Stadium plans

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 151 of 153 < 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 01 Jul 19 5.32pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by dorking

The plans are still online on the Croydon Council website, so you can see exactly what goes where on every level of the stand.

Incredibly, the height wasn't an issue. Two of the biggest sticking points holding things up are the removal of the Wooderson Close houses and doing a deal with Sainsburys - in both cases CPFC does not own the land it needs to build even this design with tapered ends.

If Palace had gone for 70+ rows across the whole length of the stand, then it would have been an even bigger job to get the land that we need, because the footprint of the structure would have been colossal

So you are saying that the curved design would have to completely altered from ground level to accommodate more seats, thus requiring a prohibitively large footprint.

I understand.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 02 Jul 19 3.35pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

So you are saying that the curved design would have to completely altered from ground level to accommodate more seats, thus requiring a prohibitively large footprint.

I understand.

I would love to have seen the stand under construction already, but as its not, i would ditch the curve, its a bit dated, all the new grounds have it, and if we could get the land and as stated the height is not an issue, i would like to see a higher stand more like the new liverpool one, and get the 40k capacity, just saying,,,,,,,,,,

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 02 Jul 19 7.44pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I would love to have seen the stand under construction already, but as its not, i would ditch the curve, its a bit dated, all the new grounds have it, and if we could get the land and as stated the height is not an issue, i would like to see a higher stand more like the new liverpool one, and get the 40k capacity, just saying,,,,,,,,,,


The curve is used for a reason not just looks Liverpool couldn't go with that design due to the place they was building.

This whole project has been a waste of money and I really hope it doesn't go through 10 thousand for around 200m is madness (the 100m quotes are complete rubbish speak to people in construction they will tell you this)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 02 Jul 19 10.20pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

This will never happen. It is as much pure vanity as when Jordan announced he had bought back Selhurst Park.

Then we all cheered and believed the lie, now we all see the shiny drawings and yet again believe the hype.

The cost is spiralling as much as anything because we are trying to adapt the old aa anything else.

A better bet would be to move out for a year or two, knock the ground down and start again.

We are also suffering from the bits of land around sainsburys and facing the road we have no control over.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 02 Jul 19 10.48pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


The curve is used for a reason not just looks Liverpool couldn't go with that design due to the place they was building.

This whole project has been a waste of money and I really hope it doesn't go through 10 thousand for around 200m is madness (the 100m quotes are complete rubbish speak to people in construction they will tell you this)

Do I have to repeat that this is not just about capacity?
The club has to bring its facilities into the 21st century.
Currently it must have one of the oldest and crappiest main stands in the top two divisions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 02 Jul 19 10.53pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle

This will never happen. It is as much pure vanity as when Jordan announced he had bought back Selhurst Park.

Then we all cheered and believed the lie, now we all see the shiny drawings and yet again believe the hype.

The cost is spiralling as much as anything because we are trying to adapt the old aa anything else.

A better bet would be to move out for a year or two, knock the ground down and start again.

We are also suffering from the bits of land around sainsburys and facing the road we have no control over.

So building one stand is too expensive but rebuilding the whole ground at once is OK?

And where do you want to watch the team play for two years?

In my opinion, we must do the ground one piece at a time or move to a new site. The latter seems to be beyond the ambitions of the current owners and many blinkered fans.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 02 Jul 19 11.32pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Do I have to repeat that this is not just about capacity?
The club has to bring its facilities into the 21st century.
Currently it must have one of the oldest and crappiest main stands in the top two divisions.


Yes one stand is really going to do that come on use your brain.

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

So building one stand is too expensive but rebuilding the whole ground at once is OK?

And where do you want to watch the team play for two years?

In my opinion, we must do the ground one piece at a time or move to a new site. The latter seems to be beyond the ambitions of the current owners and many blinkered fans.

Cost wise it is better to knock down and rebuild why else do you think others around the world do this.

We do not own all the land around their so by clearing what we do own we then can build something which suits that space.

Does it matter what location we use for 2 years not really plenty of places about which I bet have much better transport links anyway. (only issue is capacity of those other grounds)

How can we do it in pieces you can't their is no space have you even been to the ground before I think not otherwise you would clearly see this (even the so called current planned stand can't fit)

If they knock it down and rebuild they could even do things like underground car park I remember someone did do a plan which showed shifting some bits around like moving the pitch etc and it was far better then the fantasy SP version.

I do agree about the new site but land is limited and the land that is available is either expensive or you will get people moaning about location.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 03 Jul 19 8.29am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort

Cost wise it is better to knock down and rebuild why else do you think others around the world do this.

We do not own all the land around their so by clearing what we do own we then can build something which suits that space.

Does it matter what location we use for 2 years not really plenty of places about which I bet have much better transport links anyway. (only issue is capacity of those other grounds)

How can we do it in pieces you can't their is no space have you even been to the ground before I think not otherwise you would clearly see this (even the so called current planned stand can't fit)

If they knock it down and rebuild they could even do things like underground car park I remember someone did do a plan which showed shifting some bits around like moving the pitch etc and it was far better then the fantasy SP version.

I do agree about the new site but land is limited and the land that is available is either expensive or you will get people moaning about location.

The cost of a total rebuild might be cheaper in total than a stand by stand build but it will be a huge sum to find all in one go and I don't believe that a new roof and redesign of the AW and adding to the WHL would be impossible as it is. I also don't see how architects would design a main stand that wasn't suitable.

The point of the new main stand is to improve the hub of the club ASAP. That is where more income will come from.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Jul 19 10.48am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

The cost of a total rebuild might be cheaper in total than a stand by stand build but it will be a huge sum to find all in one go and I don't believe that a new roof and redesign of the AW and adding to the WHL would be impossible as it is. I also don't see how architects would design a main stand that wasn't suitable.

The point of the new main stand is to improve the hub of the club ASAP. That is where more income will come from.

I also think grumpy is using the cost of the out of town new stadiums built on flat land with lots of access space. A new Selhurst would have to be built into the same difficult slopes on 2 sides, the Arfur on Park Rd and the Holmesdale, and not change an awful lot in dimension unless we go really expensive.

The access around all of it would be difficult and expensive. The main stand is simple and is the one that increases capacity for corporate seats and non match day revenue.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 03 Jul 19 11.20am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

I also think grumpy is using the cost of the out of town new stadiums built on flat land with lots of access space. A new Selhurst would have to be built into the same difficult slopes on 2 sides, the Arfur on Park Rd and the Holmesdale, and not change an awful lot in dimension unless we go really expensive.

The access around all of it would be difficult and expensive. The main stand is simple and is the one that increases capacity for corporate seats and non match day revenue.

Quite. It is what matters in terms of income.
Whatever the plan, I wish they would just get on with it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 03 Jul 19 2.54pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


The curve is used for a reason not just looks Liverpool couldn't go with that design due to the place they was building.

This whole project has been a waste of money and I really hope it doesn't go through 10 thousand for around 200m is madness (the 100m quotes are complete rubbish speak to people in construction they will tell you this)

Ok, my bad, looks like its an 800 foot tall 5 tier whitehorse then for my 40k capacity!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 Jul 19 3.48pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I like the proposed pie shaped stand and the way it's quite high in the sky.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 151 of 153 < 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Stadium plans