You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Sakho thread
August 19 2019 2.12pm

The Sakho thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View CambridgeEagle's Profile CambridgeEagle Flag Sydenham 19 Mar 17 7.44am Send a Private Message to CambridgeEagle Add CambridgeEagle as a friend

Originally posted by nakedgolfguy99

Just freaking sign Mamadou Sakho. Klop is a butthole and a stubborn German to boot so I think we could pull it off. What's another 20 million when you spend 41 in the January transfer window... Strange how we started playing better when the defense improved. Still think the Souare injury was the biggest fault with our team this season. Joel had to play out of position; Kelley is no a left or right back; and the entire defense and team suffered for that. Sakho is an intimidating force in the middle and he is very receptive to the fans. I think he would love to live in London vice Liverpool...

The fact that we only had one actual left back in a squad of 25 was definitely one of many issues

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View VinceHilaire's Profile VinceHilaire Flag London 19 Mar 17 7.56am Send a Private Message to VinceHilaire Add VinceHilaire as a friend

Originally posted by nakedgolfguy99

Just freaking sign Mamadou Sakho. Klop is a butthole and a stubborn German to boot so I think we could pull it off. What's another 20 million when you spend 41 in the January transfer window... Strange how we started playing better when the defense improved. Still think the Souare injury was the biggest fault with our team this season. Joel had to play out of position; Kelley is no a left or right back; and the entire defense and team suffered for that. Sakho is an intimidating force in the middle and he is very receptive to the fans. I think he would love to live in London vice Liverpool...

Agreed...after the game went straight over the to Whitehorse Lane Stand. They gave him a standing ovation...he clearly loved it!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 19 Mar 17 8.06am Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Buy him and make him captain. He is a leader, something we have lacked this season

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Hawley 19 Mar 17 9.40am Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Another commanding performance from the beast yesterday. Think he just gets better and better. Composed on the ball, can pick a pass out too, but first and foremost loves defending. Not scared to do the donkey work and put his head where other's won't.

If I was Wayne I'd kiss him on the head after every game, he makes his job so much easier, although as we see at the end he still loves a flap.

Sam says we need 10 points from 10 games and I believe we will get them. Then make him our number 1 target, guy is just pure class.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dan1994's Profile Dan1994 Flag Wallington 19 Mar 17 12.37pm Send a Private Message to Dan1994 Add Dan1994 as a friend

Originally posted by Griffish

Surely someone can make a song that links to Rizzle Kicks 'Mama Do The Hump'

Mama, wins the ball, Mama stays on his feet,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet,
He's a brick wall, he's a great athlete,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet,
Mama tackles refs, he gets arses off seats,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet,
Mama's hard as f***, he's made of concrete,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet!

How's that?

EDIT: song link for those that don't know; go to about 1:25 for the bit I'm referring to

[Link]


Edited by Dan1994 (19 Mar 2017 3.43pm)

 


[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 19 Mar 17 1.01pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

A rock and a beast.

The way he can turn defence into attack with a pass is invaluable, especially this month of matches coming up.

I like his personal focus moment before the game kicks off. You know he's serious.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 19 Mar 17 1.35pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Total rock, fantastic loan signing. Great to see a loanee really playing well like Paul Stewart in the old days as many fail to impress. Unfortunately can't see him joining as he is clearly not under the radar being highlighted on MOTD for example. Definitely worth pursuing tho depending how the season pans out.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 19 Mar 17 1.42pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

He reminds me of Claude Davis but better!!

Certainly look like they go to the same barbers.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 19 Mar 17 11.16pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Dan1994

Mama, wins the ball, Mama stays on his feet,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet,
He's a brick wall, he's a great athlete,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet,
Mama tackles refs, he gets arses off seats,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet,
Mama's hard as f***, he's made of concrete,
When he plays for Palace, he keeps a clean sheet!

How's that?

EDIT: song link for those that don't know; go to about 1:25 for the bit I'm referring to

[Link]


Edited by Dan1994 (19 Mar 2017 3.43pm)

I'm sure I saw it somewhere before but surely it's

mamadou-dou-dou push pineapple, shake a tree...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dan1994's Profile Dan1994 Flag Wallington 19 Mar 17 11.36pm Send a Private Message to Dan1994 Add Dan1994 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

I'm sure I saw it somewhere before but surely it's

mamadou-dou-dou push pineapple, shake a tree...

Nah, that's Agadoo. Mine is by far the superior chant!

 


[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 20 Mar 17 2.41am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Carrick

Who cares.
If he can help keep us up, we re-build next year!

and we got a proper builder for the job this time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 20 Mar 17 5.22am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by VinceHilaire

Agreed...after the game went straight over the to Whitehorse Lane Stand. They gave him a standing ovation...he clearly loved it!

He had family or friends up in one of the boxes. Clearly, he was pleased to see them and it's great to have their support for him at the game.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Sakho thread