You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump
February 17 2019 7.48pm

Bias against Trump

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 188 of 188 First< 184 185 186 187 188

 

View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 10 Feb 19 10.09pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

No he hasn't! Economies take years to respond and therefore a judgement cannot be made until a lot of time has passed. The Dems predictions were never going to be seen immediately but there are many straws in the wind which support them now.

I welcome your agreement about trickle down economics and I agree about the need to stimulate capitalism. The question is about how you do that and to my mind starting trade wars and breaking international agreements doesn't help.

You cannot ''stimulate'' any kind of 'true' capitalism (not the 'crony' that prevails), ie one that ultimately rewards people, all the while you inflict the use of a constantly inflating currency upon them (from thin-air). They can't and never will be able to keep up with the inflation.
The past 40 or so years and the affect it has on the average Joes labour being proof.

PS 'Trickle down' is a myth.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Cebu, Philippines & Wisbech, Cambr... 11 Feb 19 3.12pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

I decided to remove myself from the "Brexit" thread a while back because it became obvious it was pointless trying to reason with those with fixed minds and set positions.

I will now withdraw from this thread, and all of those in this section, because the same posters appear in them all, with equally entrenched attitudes.

People who are "Tommy Robinson" and Trump apologists all also seem to be hardline Brexiteers. As I have encountered such people many times, and in many places, before, I know when I am wasting my time.

The most obvious similar example is a chap who used to use our local pub. He was an ardent UKIP enthusiast and would bring their aims into every conversation, given the chance. He became intolerable after the referendum as he consistently crowed that they had "won" and parroted the kind of claims now known to be baseless.

Let him get onto Trump, or Robinson and the EDL, and he was in his element, wallowing in anti Muslim sentiment and blaming everything he did not approve of on the "elite", the "left", the "deep state", the "new world order" or George Soros. It was quite obvious where his sources of "information" came from. He loves InfoWars and thinks Alex Jones is a great guy!

It only took a little scratching of the surface to reveal what really drove his attitudes. He claimed to be a "patriot" who loved his country. The truth is that he loved what his country used to be, before there were any immigrants he didn't like. He would never accept the epithet but he is a closet racist.

Eventually he stopped using the pub, because people got tired of him and gave him the cold shoulder, especially when Brexit became less certain and he started to threaten violence if "the will of the people" wasn't done. No doubt he has found somewhere else where he is among more sympathetic listeners.

As it feels to me that this section is more like that other pub, and not my local, I will withdraw and let you all reinforce each other's prejudices without interference from me.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 11 Feb 19 4.13pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I decided to remove myself from the "Brexit" thread a while back because it became obvious it was pointless trying to reason with those with fixed minds and set positions.

I will now withdraw from this thread, and all of those in this section, because the same posters appear in them all, with equally entrenched attitudes.

People who are "Tommy Robinson" and Trump apologists all also seem to be hardline Brexiteers. As I have encountered such people many times, and in many places, before, I know when I am wasting my time.

The most obvious similar example is a chap who used to use our local pub. He was an ardent UKIP enthusiast and would bring their aims into every conversation, given the chance. He became intolerable after the referendum as he consistently crowed that they had "won" and parroted the kind of claims now known to be baseless.

Let him get onto Trump, or Robinson and the EDL, and he was in his element, wallowing in anti Muslim sentiment and blaming everything he did not approve of on the "elite", the "left", the "deep state", the "new world order" or George Soros. It was quite obvious where his sources of "information" came from. He loves InfoWars and thinks Alex Jones is a great guy!

It only took a little scratching of the surface to reveal what really drove his attitudes. He claimed to be a "patriot" who loved his country. The truth is that he loved what his country used to be, before there were any immigrants he didn't like. He would never accept the epithet but he is a closet racist.

Eventually he stopped using the pub, because people got tired of him and gave him the cold shoulder, especially when Brexit became less certain and he started to threaten violence if "the will of the people" wasn't done. No doubt he has found somewhere else where he is among more sympathetic listeners.

As it feels to me that this section is more like that other pub, and not my local, I will withdraw and let you all reinforce each other's prejudices without interference from me.


I like Trump as i believe he's trying to end The Fed. This is a good thing imo.
I don't like the EU due to the constant reliance on debt. This is a bad thing imo.

You appear to have more in common with that bloke down the pub ('Spoons?) than you realise.

Ta ta.


 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 11 Feb 19 4.18pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I decided to remove myself from the "Brexit" thread a while back because it became obvious it was pointless trying to reason with those with fixed minds and set positions.

I will now withdraw from this thread, and all of those in this section, because the same posters appear in them all, with equally entrenched attitudes.

People who are "Tommy Robinson" and Trump apologists all also seem to be hardline Brexiteers. As I have encountered such people many times, and in many places, before, I know when I am wasting my time.

The most obvious similar example is a chap who used to use our local pub. He was an ardent UKIP enthusiast and would bring their aims into every conversation, given the chance. He became intolerable after the referendum as he consistently crowed that they had "won" and parroted the kind of claims now known to be baseless.

Let him get onto Trump, or Robinson and the EDL, and he was in his element, wallowing in anti Muslim sentiment and blaming everything he did not approve of on the "elite", the "left", the "deep state", the "new world order" or George Soros. It was quite obvious where his sources of "information" came from. He loves InfoWars and thinks Alex Jones is a great guy!

It only took a little scratching of the surface to reveal what really drove his attitudes. He claimed to be a "patriot" who loved his country. The truth is that he loved what his country used to be, before there were any immigrants he didn't like. He would never accept the epithet but he is a closet racist.

Eventually he stopped using the pub, because people got tired of him and gave him the cold shoulder, especially when Brexit became less certain and he started to threaten violence if "the will of the people" wasn't done. No doubt he has found somewhere else where he is among more sympathetic listeners.

As it feels to me that this section is more like that other pub, and not my local, I will withdraw and let you all reinforce each other's prejudices without interference from me.


You are running out of threads to leave...

There is always 'genital mutilation' or 'brexit' and let's be honest, they are the same thing....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 11 Feb 19 4.20pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

You are running out of threads to leave...

There is always 'genital mutilation' or 'brexit' and let's be honest, they are the same thing....

That one was genuinely funny Steely....I'll give you that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 11 Feb 19 4.28pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

You are running out of threads to leave...

There is always 'genital mutilation' or 'brexit' and let's be honest, they are the same thing....

Yep, they both scare fannies

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Feb 19 12.40am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

One poll now has Trump now at an approval rating of 52 percent......This is despite most of the coverage by the media being negative.

Contrast what with May at 28 and Macron at 27.

Edited by Stirlingsays (12 Feb 2019 1.13am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Online Flag 13 Feb 19 9.14pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

I like Trump as i believe he's trying to end The Fed. This is a good thing imo.
I don't like the EU due to the constant reliance on debt. This is a bad thing imo.

You appear to have more in common with that bloke down the pub ('Spoons?) than you realise.

Ta ta.


The battle to save western civilisation is (1) the battle to reform and largely remove the welfare state in its current form and therefore our reliance on debt and (2) The battle of demographics so that we can continue to democratically appose 1 and remain free to do so.

We have to get a grip on both of these things or we are screwed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 13 Feb 19 11.04pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by W12

The battle to save western civilisation is (1) the battle to reform and largely remove the welfare state in its current form and therefore our reliance on debt and (2) The battle of demographics so that we can continue to democratically appose 1 and remain free to do so.

We have to get a grip on both of these things or we are screwed.

Neither of them are likely to happen.

However, there's going to be a breakdown at some point....as will happen much sooner in the US.

That will be the defining situation.....Because most of us don't have guns it's far more important who the army generals are at that time....because they probably will intervene.

While I can see these problems happening in around ten years time or even sooner in the US......Here it will probably be around the 2040 to 50 time frame.....that's large scale, there will be a lot going on before that....I don't know, maybe it'll happen much sooner...hard to say....or predict the outcome.

I'm pretty bleak about it really, however stuff turns out, it isn't going to be fun. But I probably won't be here to see it.....Just a case of orientating my family so they aren't caught out by it.

And only if some arsehole doesn't nuke the planet and us beforehand......because there are going to be a hell of a lot more countries going nuclear capable before we get to 2050.

And only frigging the Swiss and Russia have done even the slightest about that to protect their people.

Long term decisions....long term.


Edited by Stirlingsays (13 Feb 2019 11.11pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 188 of 188 First< 184 185 186 187 188

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump