You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread
June 19 2019 6.11pm

The Roy Hodgson thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 74 of 108 < 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 06 Apr 19 11.27pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid



So, by your reckoning, performance has no bearing on result
. Sorry we won today minus Sakho and finishing with our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs.

LOL.

We had 3 shots. 1 on target, the performance was s***e.

Newcastle had 18 shots.

And we won.

Case closed.

See how you are completely and utterly wrong?

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 06 Apr 19 11.29pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

I accept Roy as manager because hes about as safe on a low budget and value for money for us and the board as you can find, plus hes not going to continue for much longer because of his age. Some will say why not move him on now then. But by God Im bored watching at the moment. Just think if we did have a new stand and 36,000 capacity. We wouldnt fill it with the football were playing.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 06 Apr 19 11.30pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

And.... i am in favour of cashing in on AWB to finance it.

We don't need to waste any more money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 06 Apr 19 11.36pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

Think you'll find he backed him to get out of the relegation mess and stay in the league - which anyone would do, but wouldn't have been in that situation had he got rid of pardew in the summer and did a decent recruitment. He then spent ages to appoint FDB, when he got him, he wanted him to steady the ship then slowly implement his way - which, didn't happen. Pulis, Fat Sam, probably the most experienced prem managers walked and for a reason.

Pleased Pulis and Sam fvcked off as theyre a pair of w@nkers. Pulis was never a long term option and Parish deserves a lot of credit for using him rather than the other way round. If the papers are to be believed Pulis didnt want Wilf. There was nothing steady about de Boer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 06 Apr 19 11.44pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

LOL.

We had 3 shots. 1 on target, the performance was s***e.

Newcastle had 18 shots.

And we won.

Case closed.

See how you are completely and utterly wrong?

What are you on about you rambling moron ? We won away to a team whod won five at home on the spin without one of our best players. You must have been gutted when we won.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 06 Apr 19 11.56pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

LOL.

We had 3 shots. 1 on target, the performance was s***e.

Newcastle had 18 shots.

And we won.

Case closed.

See how you are completely and utterly wrong?

Think your hatred of Hodgson is causing you to not see and understand how well we kept Newcastle busy at both ends.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 07 Apr 19 12.02am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

I accept Roy as manager because hes about as safe on a low budget and value for money for us and the board as you can find, plus hes not going to continue for much longer because of his age. Some will say why not move him on now then. But by God Im bored watching at the moment. Just think if we did have a new stand and 36,000 capacity. We wouldnt fill it with the football were playing.

The football is good, just the finishing isn't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Eltham 07 Apr 19 12.08am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, well always be safe under Roy, just! Even that may be down to the sheer team on paper.

I think people get far too impassioned on here about Roy staying or going. Only my opinion but barring FDB/Pardew-esque disastrous circumstances, Roy earned his right to be our manager this season and quite possibly next. Like it or not we are staying up and are currently 12th.

I think we have two choices really:

1. Stick with Roy for more of the same rocky road with a reasonably comfortable close of season as a PL team.

2. Throw the dice and get someone new in with the hope, and it is a hope despite some people insisting the grass will be greener, that one of our best squads ever will perform at a higher level consistently next season.

I am personally in favour of the latter purely as a season ticket holder maybe a different style will mean better home performances but that is in no way guaranteed. Either way, Roy is one of our own and I hope it ends happily for the old fella.

Some petty and surprisingly vindictive toing and throwing going on, cheer up you cant possibly be in a bad mood now! COYP!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 07 Apr 19 12.11am Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

What are you on about you rambling moron ? We won away to a team whod won five at home on the spin without one of our best players. You must have been gutted when we won.

Throwing the insults around, good one.

Just 1 Rachid could figure out that's unecessary, but all 3 of you should know better. Ask the other 2 Rashid's before replying, perhaps they arent so snarky.

Our performance was s***, and we won.

Kind of proves my point.

Too much rambling for you?

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 07 Apr 19 12.13am Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

Think your hatred of Hodgson is causing you to not see and understand how well we kept Newcastle busy at both ends.

We had 3 shots.

1 was on target, which was a penalty.

All their keeper did was pick the ball out of the net when Luka scored.

How is exactly is that keeping them busy?

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 07 Apr 19 12.17am Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, well always be safe under Roy, just! Even that may be down to the sheer team on paper.

I think people get far too impassioned on here about Roy staying or going. Only my opinion but barring FDB/Pardew-esque disastrous circumstances, Roy earned his right to be our manager this season and quite possibly next. Like it or not we are staying up and are currently 12th.

I think we have two choices really:

1. Stick with Roy for more of the same rocky road with a reasonably comfortable close of season as a PL team.

2. Throw the dice and get someone new in with the hope, and it is a hope despite some people insisting the grass will be greener, that one of our best squads ever will perform at a higher level consistently next season.

I am personally in favour of the latter purely as a season ticket holder maybe a different style will mean better home performances but that is in no way guaranteed. Either way, Roy is one of our own and I hope it ends happily for the old fella.

Some petty and surprisingly vindictive toing and throwing going on, cheer up you cant possibly be in a bad mood now! COYP!!!!

Its going to be academic in 1 year from now as Roy will be retiring.

Parish can be proactive now or reactive then.

Fans can have some guts, or be gutless and timid and fear change and only think it will bring a negative result.

That is exactly the defeatist attitude that Roy had for the Spurs game, so I can understand defeatist negative people thinking that a different manager to Roy would definitely mean WORSE results. Its familiar to me as this negative defeatist approach is what RH sends the lads out with half the time, like at Spurs.

In just a short 12 months, every single person here saying that RH is our best manager ever will be losing Mr Hodgson to retirement. Then we have to find a new manager anyway.

Roy isnt 45 years old unfortunately.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 07 Apr 19 12.23am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Its going to be academic in 1 year from now as Roy will be retiring.

Parish can be proactive now or reactive then.

Fans can have some guts, or be gutless and timid and fear change and only think it will bring a negative result.

That is exactly the defeatist attitude that Roy had for the Spurs game, so I can understand defeatist negative people thinking that a different manager to Roy would definitely mean WORSE results. Its familiar to me as this negative defeatist approach is what RH sends the lads out with half the time, like at Spurs.

In just a short 12 months, every single person here saying that RH is our best manager ever will be losing Mr Hodgson to retirement. Then we have to find a new manager anyway.

Roy isnt 45 years old unfortunately.

This is the crux of it and why Im not getting too bothered about how bored I am. But I am bored. When the time comes I hope Parish doesnt take 6 weeks after Hodgson has left. Really he should be at least 6 weeks before. Tbh he should always know whos out there. I bet he doesnt.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 74 of 108 < 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread