You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Bitcoins
July 20 2019 12.53pm

Bitcoins

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 33 of 47 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

 

Tawny Flag Croydon 20 Dec 18 6.51pm

Not that I know what I'm talking about with Bitcoin, but shares are really tanking of late and people have to put their money somewhere. Gold has been the fail safe of the past but with a lot of uncertainties in currency and shares I don't think picking up bitcoin at a relative low price would be the worse investment decision.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 20 Dec 18 7.57pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Tawny

Not that I know what I'm talking about with Bitcoin, but shares are really tanking of late and people have to put their money somewhere. Gold has been the fail safe of the past but with a lot of uncertainties in currency and shares I don't think picking up bitcoin at a relative low price would be the worse investment decision.

Good spot

The inflation caused by constant printing from thin-air will have to go somewhere, and this will be the crypto space.
As for Gold, it is still the ultimate form of money after over 5,000yrs and govts globally still view it that way hence many for a while now repatriating theirs.............apart from Venezuela and Australia who seem to have a problem receiving what they own from the Bank of England?
Buying Bitcoin is a wise choice, for everyone. Buying other cryptos takes some homework but as long as the homework is good ie due diligence coupled with an open mind, then all will be fine.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 20 Dec 18 8.07pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

Relax bud
Many have a 'volatile' start. Amazon, just one example, suffered huge percentage losses in it's infant years going from around 85dollars to 5 in a short space along with many many other dips.
Cryptos are obviously similar, the main difference being that they are attempting to replace the heavies who own the financial system that has robbed us all for years........and this system is defending it's corner for all it's worth. This is Box Office.
The current system has run it's course, the amount of institutional investment that continues to pour into this space being proof, and I'll continue to urge everyone to get in, sit back and stop worrying.

Edit.
Watched The Big Short again the other day. It's a good reminder of how the financial system continually manipulates EVERYTHING and drags the crap out of it out for as long as they can.
Worth a watch imo.

Edited by .TUX. (20 Dec 2018 6.48pm)


Have seen this several times myself. Fantastic film which as you rightly say, exposes the whole system as being rigged.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 20 Dec 18 8.31pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle


Have seen this several times myself. Fantastic film which as you rightly say, exposes the whole system as being rigged.

And they have been doing the same to cryptos for well over a year now price through manipulation be it up or down. Compare the volumes traded compared to coins currently in circulation? It doesn't add up hence it's BS. Simple as.

Still a good time to buy

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cardiff eagle's Profile cardiff eagle Flag 22 Dec 18 9.44am Send a Private Message to cardiff eagle Add cardiff eagle as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

And they have been doing the same to cryptos for well over a year now price through manipulation be it up or down. Compare the volumes traded compared to coins currently in circulation? It doesn't add up hence it's BS. Simple as.

Still a good time to buy

You said it was a good time to buy this time last year! An 80% drop later suggests it wasn’t! Wouldn’t touch bitcoins with a barge pole. The riskiest end of investment- is no different to playing roulette right now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 22 Dec 18 10.17am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cardiff eagle

You said it was a good time to buy this time last year! An 80% drop later suggests it wasn’t! Wouldn’t touch bitcoins with a barge pole. The riskiest end of investment- is no different to playing roulette right now.

To be fair to Tux I think he's referring to the long term.

But I agree with you, very volatile and subject to underhand forces for years to come.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Online Flag hove actually 22 Dec 18 10.32am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

To be fair to Tux I think he's referring to the long term.

But I agree with you, very volatile and subject to underhand forces for years to come.

For sophisticated investors only - that excludes me!!, who know what they're doing and with money to lose on a high risk and as you say, volatile product.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Tawny Flag Croydon 22 Dec 18 12.02pm

Originally posted by cardiff eagle

You said it was a good time to buy this time last year! An 80% drop later suggests it wasn’t! Wouldn’t touch bitcoins with a barge pole. The riskiest end of investment- is no different to playing roulette right now.

Granted there's a lot of volatility, but the possible top end of that certainly grabs attention. That and cryptocurrencies are typically seen as a long term investment. If you'd put your money in ASOS shares at the beginning of December back you'd have already lost half of your investment. Hell, if you'd invested in Amazon a few months ago your 2000USD would now be 1377USD. No such thing as a free lunch!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 22 Dec 18 6.08pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by cardiff eagle

You said it was a good time to buy this time last year! An 80% drop later suggests it wasn’t! Wouldn’t touch bitcoins with a barge pole. The riskiest end of investment- is no different to playing roulette right now.

I did and it still is.
I understand your pessimism bud but this isn't and never has been about short term gains.
The world is changing.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 22 Dec 18 6.47pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

For sophisticated investors only - that excludes me!!, who know what they're doing and with money to lose on a high risk and as you say, volatile product.

Don't be too hard on yourself as you know more than many bud.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 07 Jan 19 11.09am Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Continual small gains over the past weeks mean Bitcoin is 20% higher than a month ago.

First time in a year that prices have started to come back.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 08 Jan 19 10.19pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Continual small gains over the past weeks mean Bitcoin is 20% higher than a month ago.

First time in a year that prices have started to come back.

Bitcoin's been here before bud, with worse losses, so par for the course tbh.
It's still here. It's still worth around 4k (US) and is not, despite the very best efforts of the global establishment, going away.

Still a good time to buy

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 33 of 47 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Bitcoins