You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Benteke thread
December 11 2019 2.45am

The Benteke thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 174 of 234 < 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Master Coin's Profile Master Coin Flag 10 Jun 19 8.21am Send a Private Message to Master Coin Add Master Coin as a friend

Originally posted by Gary St.Andrews

No one would get 10 chances per game, even if you played for Man City. Have a look at some footage of him when he was at Villa, you would not believe it was the same player...

Edited by Gary St.Andrews (09 Jun 2019 8.07pm)

His goals at Villa are like 18 headers, 2 tap ins and one screamer per season. The headers are non existent because we barely cross a ball (due to Andros only operating from the right and cutting back onto his left). The tap ins and screamers are now non-existent because his confidence is zero without the headers to prop him up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 10 Jun 19 7.29pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

The points regarding the crossing and early balls are fair but he missed twenty from twenty three good chances in 2017-18 including the infamous penalty which has ultimately led to his head being shot to bits and him getting the yips.

His general hold up play and work rate were never good and have deteriorated with his confidence which doesn't leave much of a player really.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 11 Jun 19 3.52am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

How can anyone defend Benteke after his last 2 seasons here?
He goes perfectly in our class of flop-expensive strikers - like Akinbuyi, Gabbiadini, Ferguson (ex Charlton). The sooner we get rid of the better. Man Utd is offering a substantial amount to their Spanish goalkeeper to join Paris SG now - maybe same approach to the big Belgian?
Can never see him ever come good in a Palace shirt again! Just for Steve P & board to cut the losses, learn from experience and move on....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 11 Jun 19 4.09am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

How can anyone defend Benteke after his last 2 seasons here?
He goes perfectly in our class of flop-expensive strikers - like Akinbuyi, Gabbiadini, Ferguson (ex Charlton). The sooner we get rid of the better. Man Utd is offering a substantial amount to their Spanish goalkeeper to join Paris SG now - maybe same approach to the big Belgian?
Can never see him ever come good in a Palace shirt again! Just for Steve P & board to cut the losses, learn from experience and move on....

Canít see him come good in any shirt. Sadly, £120ik per week proved too big a reward.

Edited by dreamwaverider (11 Jun 2019 4.10am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 11 Jun 19 10.38am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

There is no point in persevering.
either we don't suit him or he is plain crap - I am not sure which - but whichever it is he needs to go whatever the cost!
We need to move on because another season with him playing 30 odd games and scoring 2/3 goals is just unacceptable.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 02 Jul 19 10.12pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

If the Arnautovic to a Chinese club does not transpire, perhaps they will take Benteke off our hands.
There was talk about it a year ago but I believe he was not interested. With Bats gone and not even Sako as an alternative, looks like he will be in the starting lineup v Everton uness we buy someone PDQ

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 02 Jul 19 10.20pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by pssguy

If the Arnautovic to a Chinese club does not transpire, perhaps they will take Benteke off our hands.
There was talk about it a year ago but I believe he was not interested. With Bats gone and not even Sako as an alternative, looks like he will be in the starting lineup v Everton uness we buy someone PDQ

He said the other week that he wouldn't up and leave us "like a thief" and is happy to stay next season. He's not interested in going China.

Lucky us!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Fatherken's Profile Fatherken Flag 02 Jul 19 10.39pm Send a Private Message to Fatherken Add Fatherken as a friend

shows commitment and to prove he is a top goal scorer as he was in his first season

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 03 Jul 19 1.00pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by Fatherken

shows commitment and to prove he is a top goal scorer as he was in his first season

Wants to to sit on his £120k per week then leave on free more like.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Adamoc123's Profile Adamoc123 Flag Ennis 03 Jul 19 1.14pm Send a Private Message to Adamoc123 Add Adamoc123 as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

Wants to to sit on his £120k per week then leave on free more like.

On the contrary if he wanted to sit on money he'd run to china to earn almost twice as much as he's on now to play against dross. He clearly wants to prove he still has the talent we bought him for, whether he does or not is another thing.

 


The First 90 Minutes Are The Most Important!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 03 Jul 19 1.59pm Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by Adamoc123

On the contrary if he wanted to sit on money he'd run to china to earn almost twice as much as he's on now to play against dross. He clearly wants to prove he still has the talent we bought him for, whether he does or not is another thing.

if that's genuinely how he feels then credit to him but it just goes to confirm how deluded he is and that someone at Palace needs to make the decision for him

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 03 Jul 19 4.01pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by pssguy

If the Arnautovic to a Chinese club does not transpire, perhaps they will take Benteke off our hands.
There was talk about it a year ago but I believe he was not interested. With Bats gone and not even Sako as an alternative, looks like he will be in the starting lineup v Everton uness we buy someone PDQ

Why would a Chinese club want him?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 174 of 234 < 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Benteke thread