You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Relegation run in
April 25 2019 1.00pm

Relegation run in

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 82 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 15 Apr 18 12.34pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman


Austin's wages are quite expensive for a sick note. 80k or 100k. Not sure we'll be doing that much more in the near future.

In terms of his appearances, he has averaged about 20 each season for the last 3 seasons.

Regards his goalscoring exploits this season he has scored 6 in his last 10 games.

Doesn't have that extra burst of pace so is not a player who can run away from defenders but is a very good finisher and penalty taker.

Used to be a bricklayer and it was then Swindon manager Danny Wilson who signed him from Poole Town for 15K + Add-ons.

Edited by Willo (15 Apr 2018 12.34pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CambridgeEagle's Profile CambridgeEagle Flag Sydenham 15 Apr 18 1.54pm Send a Private Message to CambridgeEagle Add CambridgeEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Arsenal have to play Atletico Madrid twice so this will be the priority for them.I understand due to fatigue after a long season they will be resting players for the rest of this campaign.

In terms of our relegation rivals, they play Away to Huddersfield and W.Ham.

Edited by Willo (15 Apr 2018 11.06am)

Is this the same arsenal that beat Southampton and are currently winning away at Newcastle?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ger20's Profile ger20 Flag London 15 Apr 18 2.08pm Send a Private Message to ger20 Add ger20 as a friend

I cant see us not getting 3 points from the remaining matches, or Stoke Southampton, Swansea, Brighton Hull or West Ham finishing above us

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 15 Apr 18 2.14pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by CambridgeEagle


Is this the same arsenal that beat Southampton and are currently winning away at Newcastle?

All I know is that after the Atletico Madrid games they will have played 63 games this season. I am led to believe they will be rotating their team so whilst they will still have a strong squaud it might not necessarily be it's strongest when they play our relegation rivals.


Edited by Willo (15 Apr 2018 2.14pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 15 Apr 18 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by ger20

I cant see us not getting 3 points from the remaining matches, or Stoke Southampton, Swansea, Brighton Hull or West Ham finishing above us

4 of W.Ham's 6 games are at Home but they do include games against Man Utd and Man C.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 15 Apr 18 2.45pm Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

4 points from the last 4 games gets us to 38 points. That would leave:

Stoke needing to win 4 of 5 games, including away at Liverpool.
Southampton needing 4 results (3 wins and a draw) from their last five games, including home to Manchester City.
Swansea needing to win 2 in 5 games, including games away to Manchester City, home to Chelsea, and games against Stoke and Southampton.

So, if we get to 38 points; and Stoke, Southampton and Swansea lose the four games against the top 6; then Stoke will need to beat Swansea to catch us, Southampton will have to get a result against Swansea to catch us and that would leave Swansea unable to catch us.

So, 4 more points would make us almost safe.

Edited by dp (15 Apr 2018 2.47pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CambridgeEagle's Profile CambridgeEagle Flag Sydenham 15 Apr 18 3.04pm Send a Private Message to CambridgeEagle Add CambridgeEagle as a friend

Originally posted by CambridgeEagle

Is this the same arsenal that beat Southampton and are currently winning away at Newcastle?

I retract this statement

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
chateauferret Flag 15 Apr 18 3.33pm

Originally posted by CambridgeEagle

I retract this statement

Newcastle were pretty much safe already anyway so I don't think that result affects much. It hopefully means though that Wenger will employ his bollocking skills to rally his troops before they play any of the other teams we need them to beat.

Meanwhile if United beat West Brom later on the latter will need snookers.

Edited by chateauferret (15 Apr 2018 3.34pm)

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 15 Apr 18 3.48pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

Newcastle were pretty much safe already anyway so I don't think that result affects much. It hopefully means though that Wenger will employ his bollocking skills to rally his troops before they play any of the other teams we need them to beat.

Meanwhile if United beat West Brom later on the latter will need snookers.

Edited by chateauferret (15 Apr 2018 3.34pm)

Yes Newcastle were all but safe before this game.

In terms of Arsenal, their away for in 2018 has been dire, in fact they have lost all their last 5 Away games in the league.
They have to go to Huddersfield.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Apr 18 4.06pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dp

4 points from the last 4 games gets us to 38 points. That would leave:

Stoke needing to win 4 of 5 games, including away at Liverpool.
Southampton needing 4 results (3 wins and a draw) from their last five games, including home to Manchester City.
Swansea needing to win 2 in 5 games, including games away to Manchester City, home to Chelsea, and games against Stoke and Southampton.

So, if we get to 38 points; and Stoke, Southampton and Swansea lose the four games against the top 6; then Stoke will need to beat Swansea to catch us, Southampton will have to get a result against Swansea to catch us and that would leave Swansea unable to catch us.

So, 4 more points would make us almost safe.

Edited by dp (15 Apr 2018 2.47pm)

As del boy said
Nah nah let's go Rodney.
After triggers Ghandi line

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
chateauferret Flag 15 Apr 18 5.54pm

West Brom stay alive for now with a 1-0 win at Old Trafford. Piss poor performance from United, two shots on target in the whole game.

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bullhorn76's Profile Bullhorn76 Online Flag Darlington 15 Apr 18 5.58pm Send a Private Message to Bullhorn76 Add Bullhorn76 as a friend

Yes there is always one freak team near or at the bottom that go on an unpresidented run maybe wba can pull themselves out of the mire after all

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 82 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Relegation run in