You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Anyone got suggestions on good Championship player
January 20 2019 1.47am

Anyone got suggestions on good Championship player

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 20 Sep 18 3.16pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

Neal Maupay has made a great start at Brentford, 8 goals in 6 games. That kind of form up to January and he could be worth a swoop. Ollie Watkins is also meant to be a good prospect.

I believe that the pair only cost Brentford a total in the region of £3.5 Mill, both signed by Dean Smith.Brentford also have the highly rated defender Chris Mepham.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 21 Sep 18 8.55am Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

Neal Maupay has made a great start at Brentford, 8 goals in 6 games. That kind of form up to January and he could be worth a swoop. Ollie Watkins is also meant to be a good prospect.


Darn, you beat me to it!! I've wanted to write about Maupay for a long time (since last season), but I just delayed and delayed it. FOR HIS AGE, he's been amazing (12 goals and 5 assists in just 2600 minutes last year too, wonderful for a 21 year old and a similar season beore that in France's Ligue 1 & Ligue 2)! This is the type of player who a PL team should buy, cause he'll still further develop.

Oliie Watkins has started very well this season too, though I expressed myself against paying over 15 million for him in the summer. I still think that value is too high.

You'd think Brentford, which has probably the fewest fans in the Championship, would sell their players cheaper. But they're asking for a lot of money. SO I don;t imagine Maupay being that cheap either.

A nice team though. Everybody is really young up front there. Neal Maupay is 22, Sergi Canos is 21, Brazilian born Marcondes is 23, Ollie Watkins is 22, Said Benrahma (recently brought from Ligue 2) is 21. This guarantees them a lot of money from upcoming transfers in the following years. All these players are doing good and the club will do better and better, maybe even ascending to first level of football in 5 years if the money is well invested into other good players.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 21 Sep 18 10.54am Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

It makes you wonder how a club like Brentford can unearth these gems when we clearly can't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 21 Sep 18 12.31pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

It makes you wonder how a club like Brentford can unearth these gems when we clearly can't.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 21 Sep 18 8.15pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo


Darn, you beat me to it!! I've wanted to write about Maupay for a long time (since last season), but I just delayed and delayed it. FOR HIS AGE, he's been amazing (12 goals and 5 assists in just 2600 minutes last year too, wonderful for a 21 year old and a similar season beore that in France's Ligue 1 & Ligue 2)! This is the type of player who a PL team should buy, cause he'll still further develop.

Oliie Watkins has started very well this season too, though I expressed myself against paying over 15 million for him in the summer. I still think that value is too high.

You'd think Brentford, which has probably the fewest fans in the Championship, would sell their players cheaper. But they're asking for a lot of money. SO I don;t imagine Maupay being that cheap either.

A nice team though. Everybody is really young up front there. Neal Maupay is 22, Sergi Canos is 21, Brazilian born Marcondes is 23, Ollie Watkins is 22, Said Benrahma (recently brought from Ligue 2) is 21. This guarantees them a lot of money from upcoming transfers in the following years. All these players are doing good and the club will do better and better, maybe even ascending to first level of football in 5 years if the money is well invested into other good players.

Good post and info. You are right these players won't be cheap but could be great additions. It's bizarre to think that players can't make the grade up to the Prem when we had a fair few who managed to acquit themselves well enough when we were promoted 6 seasons ago ? Nobody would of thought of ditching FFS, Yannick, Jedi etc. All the teams last season managed to survive with plenty of personnel from there. Personally I'm just praying for something better than this Jan, with 2 players disappearing and an unproven striker who should be top dog with such a low threshold to break into the team at the moment, being jumped over by Ayew, who came in the summer not Jan.

Edited by Booted Eagle (21 Sep 2018 8.17pm)

Edited by Booted Eagle (21 Sep 2018 8.18pm)

Edited by Booted Eagle (21 Sep 2018 8.19pm)

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag caterham 21 Sep 18 9.54pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Nick Powell.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 07 Oct 18 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I believe that the pair only cost Brentford a total in the region of £3.5 Mill, both signed by Dean Smith.Brentford also have the highly rated defender Chris Mepham.

10 goals in 10 games now for Maupay.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 07 Oct 18 10.37pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Can't touch Maupay for less than 10 million though.

LUCAS JOAO from Sheffield though is my proposition. 25 years old, just reached top level and will keep it up for years to come or even further develop. Out of contract next summer, they either sell now for cheap or you make a pre-contract in January and take him for free in the summer.

Moves very well, is tall and strong, but fast too. He has been deployed as centre forward but as winger too.

Maybe doesn't look like a great scorer with 15 goals in 60 Championship matches, but in fact he has hit 16 goals and 9 assists (25 total) in just 3200 minutes played in the last 2 years. He'd make a better striker than ANY of the ones at the club (Benteke, Jordan Ayew, Sorloth). Not one to score game in-game out in the PL, but at a very low cost, he'd make a great addition, I reckon he could hit a goal or assist every 200 minutes or less, which is pretty much the same as Benteke (a player who cost 30 million), but Joao would also add pressing, runs and recoveries to that.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aashman12's Profile aashman12 Flag 08 Oct 18 7.29am Send a Private Message to aashman12 Add aashman12 as a friend

Ebere eze at QPR. Looks like a real winger in our style.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gasman2's Profile Gasman2 Flag Kings Lynn 09 Oct 18 1.45pm Send a Private Message to Gasman2 Add Gasman2 as a friend

Don't expect our scouts to spot anyone, they haven't in the last 5 years

We all knew it was coming

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pompeyeagle's Profile pompeyeagle Flag Relocated to Shropshire 14 Oct 18 9.34pm Send a Private Message to pompeyeagle Add pompeyeagle as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

There's this attacking left sided winger at Villa who scored the other night & a diminutive striker at West Brom i believe who also scored for them the same night.

Yes I’ve heard about them. Evidently West Brom have also recently signed another player on a free who did quite well for a couple of other clubs.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 06 Nov 18 3.08am Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

Ayew and Sorloth are good championship players.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Anyone got suggestions on good Championship player