You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Brighton Palace Trouble - The Police Speak
December 10 2018 6.38pm

Brighton Palace Trouble - The Police Speak

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 6 « First< 2 3 4 5 6

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 02 Dec 18 3.15am Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

When we beat the Weed at the Amex 3-1 some years ago I went to the game and vowed never to go back... We were treated like absolute s*** then by Sussex Police..

What gets me is why do we always have to go to them on a Tuesday night and they always cone to us on a Saturday??... It's not right and if I was Parish I would be asking questions of the FA..

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View michaelpearce's Profile michaelpearce Flag grays 02 Dec 18 4.48am Send a Private Message to michaelpearce Add michaelpearce as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

When we beat the Weed at the Amex 3-1 some years ago I went to the game and vowed never to go back... We were treated like absolute s*** then by Sussex Police..

What gets me is why do we always have to go to them on a Tuesday night and they always cone to us on a Saturday??... It's not right and if I was Parish I would be asking questions of the FA..

its not the FA its the police that have major input on fixtures that have know history of trouble when best to play them

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 02 Dec 18 4.58am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

You know perfectly well, but I'll spell it out for you. It's because Manchester United probably (I can't prove it) has a bigger proportion of so-called supporters who live nowhere near the club's ground, but who would rather bathe in reflected glory than support their own local side, than any other club in Britain. If someone in France supports Palace, it's because he has a tradition of supporting them for good family or historical reasons.

Not any more. I’ve got mates in USA Germany and Australia who follow Us but have never been near Selhurst. I love it that we are broadening our fan base. The
On yesterday’s performance we are only heading one way. Up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 02 Dec 18 9.44am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Some police advice for traveling Palace fans.

1. Turn up early and wait to be kettled by the police and held up until a few minutes before the game.
2. Miss the game because you turned up late and the Stewards wont let you in.
3. No need to bring knuckledusters and knives the police will provide them.
4. Stay in the ground after the police lock you in until you have missed your last train home.

Have a nice day.
West Sussex police

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View iheartcpfc's Profile iheartcpfc Flag SE25 03 Dec 18 3.32pm Send a Private Message to iheartcpfc Add iheartcpfc as a friend

Iirc our fans learnt from the league game for the cup game there and swerved the Spoons and whatnot, going their own way and drinking in Lewes and the Lanes and wherever where the filth couldn't wrap them up and treat them like s*** again. Hope you all repeat that and don't let these scheming pricks f*** up your evening

Edited by iheartcpfc (03 Dec 2018 3.32pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 03 Dec 18 4.23pm Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

Originally posted by michaelpearce

its not the FA its the police that have major input on fixtures that have know history of trouble when best to play them

The history of trouble since they moved into the Amex is pretty minimal with most of the matches passing off with little trouble and few arrests. The fact that Sussex plot find it so difficult to handle one potentially troublesome match a season is pretty pathetic. If they are incapable, get the Met to police the match for them, I'm sure they would appreciate the day out and the overtime.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 03 Dec 18 5.02pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

The history of trouble since they moved into the Amex is pretty minimal with most of the matches passing off with little trouble and few arrests. The fact that Sussex plot find it so difficult to handle one potentially troublesome match a season is pretty pathetic. If they are incapable, get the Met to police the match for them, I'm sure they would appreciate the day out and the overtime.

I was told that there were Met officers there last year but were told that their involvement wasn't required !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View premier fan's Profile premier fan Flag BR4 03 Dec 18 5.10pm Send a Private Message to premier fan Add premier fan as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Some police advice for traveling Palace fans.

1. Turn up early and wait to be kettled by the police and held up until a few minutes before the game.
2. Miss the game because you turned up late and the Stewards wont let you in.
3. No need to bring knuckledusters and knives the police will provide them.
4. Stay in the ground after the police lock you in until you have missed your last train home.

Have a nice day.
West Sussex police

I get the impression we're not very welcome?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View vic rouse's Profile vic rouse Flag basingstoke 03 Dec 18 5.24pm Send a Private Message to vic rouse Add vic rouse as a friend

Item3 brilliant

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chateauferret's Profile chateauferret Flag Airdrie 03 Dec 18 7.36pm Send a Private Message to chateauferret Add chateauferret as a friend

Originally posted by premier fan

I get the impression we're not very welcome?

5. Get kettled onto some train that's going nowhere near where you live.

6. If you argue with us we will clamp one of these Dobermans onto your John Thomas.

7. Don't bother writing in to complain because we'll just close ranks, cover up and make inane statements full of obvious porkies.

8. Please note that we are all weed fans.

Edited by chateauferret (03 Dec 2018 7.41pm)

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DutchEagleJohan's Profile DutchEagleJohan Flag Vlissingen, Netherlands 03 Dec 18 10.03pm Send a Private Message to DutchEagleJohan Add DutchEagleJohan as a friend

You would surely think an evening game is harder to police though. Usually difficult fixtures are put on for a Sunday 12 kick off with no boozers open yet. Fingers crossed Wilf does his usual thing against them, and there will be a good stream!

Originally posted by michaelpearce

its not the FA its the police that have major input on fixtures that have know history of trouble when best to play them


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Terry Ven's Profile Terry Ven Flag 07 Dec 18 5.04pm Send a Private Message to Terry Ven Add Terry Ven as a friend

Originally posted by premier fan

I get the impression we're not very welcome?

Maybe we need to be a bit honest about it...we do have about 200 who go down ages before KO and give it the big billy bollox around town and the sussex old bill dont like it. I saw our lot outside that spoons singing the usual take it up the bum song and shouting at anybody walking by (including me - i didnt have my scarf on). what do we think is going to happen???

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 6 « First< 2 3 4 5 6

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Brighton Palace Trouble - The Police Speak