You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Wilfried Zaha thread
September 16 2019 11.12am

The Wilfried Zaha thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 408 of 413 < 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 09 Sep 19 7.04pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

Lets not be silly now, no one has ever been 'thrashed' 1 0!
We were crap, they were a tiny bit better. Come the end of the season Sheffield United will be below us in the table.

They were miles better than us even though they weren't that good. We weren't in the game at all. They won easily. Fair enough about the table but my point stands. We slightly beat Villa and lost slightly to Sheffield Utd. We got lucky at Man U. Hardly European contenders - as someone else also said - how the f*** would our squad compete in Europe? You have forgotten us getting slightly beaten by Colchester too.
Doom and gloom before a ball kicked was jumping the gun but suddenly European contenders is miles off the mark.
This - we will be incredibly lucky to get tenth place with our squad. My pre-season prediction was 16th and I'm not changing that yet.
Despite some organised performances, our squad is the weakest I can see in the Premier League, whilst our first 11 is distinctly pretty average.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 09 Sep 19 7.55pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

I've been consistent in saying Chelsea is the only possible destination for Wilf - it gives him everything he allegedly/purportedly desires - Champions League football and staying in London.

From Chelsea's perpective would be a replacement for Hazard that they have not been able to achieve given their current Transfer embargo.

I strongly suspect that behind the scenes discussions already ongoing - if not a deal already done/agreed. This would add credence to SP's comments that Wilf deserves to be playing for a top 4 club, wouldn't stand in his way da de da..!!

That deal I suspect would include Batshuayi coming to us.

I would have liked us to have signed Wilf's replacement before he left to "bed him in" but obvious financial constraints on our side mean/meant that was a no go..!!

I still see Ollie Watkins as the most likely, again as I have said numerous times - already scored 4 this term..!!

Think we could have got him for £20//25M in the last window, but just signed a new 4 year deal and if current form continues will be a lot more come Jan/Summer window with potentially more suitors in the mix. But that's SP and perceived financial constraints for you..!!

But Bats plus Watkins and some cash for Wilf would be a good deal for Palace - IMO..!!

COYP

Zaha would not replace Hazards left boot, I dont even think he would get into the current Chelsea team. The likes of Everton or Leicester are as good as he will get.


Edited by EddieMac (09 Sep 2019 7.55pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MikeCrete's Profile MikeCrete Flag Cheam/Crete 10 Sep 19 9.30am Send a Private Message to MikeCrete Add MikeCrete as a friend

The Mirror report that Chelski have told leading agents that they will be able to buy players in January. Would they want to buy Wilf, if Hudson-Odoi signs a big contract? Time will tell, but its the easiest option for Wilf regarding getting to training etc with a top "4" club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 10 Sep 19 12.00pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Does Lampard rate him?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davehuggins's Profile davehuggins Flag 10 Sep 19 1.51pm Send a Private Message to davehuggins Add davehuggins as a friend

Reading all the latest rubbish about Wilf and the Ivory Coast I have to say he could do with somebody handling his affairs a bit better. Everything reported seems to come out knocking him all the time, surely better management of the situation would help?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 10 Sep 19 3.35pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

If wilf wants to go to a top 4 club in january he needs to start putting in some top performances. He's been at best average this season so far.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 Sep 19 3.39pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

Does Lampard rate him?

Over 21 so doubtful. However, anyone think Lampard will be there at the end of the season? Current results suggest not.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 10 Sep 19 5.15pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

They were miles better than us even though they weren't that good. We weren't in the game at all. They won easily. Fair enough about the table but my point stands. We slightly beat Villa and lost slightly to Sheffield Utd. We got lucky at Man U. Hardly European contenders - as someone else also said - how the f*** would our squad compete in Europe? You have forgotten us getting slightly beaten by Colchester too.
Doom and gloom before a ball kicked was jumping the gun but suddenly European contenders is miles off the mark.
This - we will be incredibly lucky to get tenth place with our squad. My pre-season prediction was 16th and I'm not changing that yet.
Despite some organised performances, our squad is the weakest I can see in the Premier League, whilst our first 11 is distinctly pretty average.

I never said we were European contenders nor did I comment on any of the other games you mentioned (although for the record we completely played Villa off the park and but for woeful finishing and Heaton being in amazing form we'd have won that game by 5 goals at least regardless of whether their goal was allowed or not).
I simply pulled you up on the thrashing comment by Sheff Untd. They didn't thrash us, they marginally beat us. They were poor, we were worse simple as that.
We are not European contenders and I imagine we'll finish around mid table but there are too many pessimists that support Palace. We are not as awful as some like to make out and over the 38 games there will prove to be a lot of clubs more awful than us!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 Sep 19 5.30pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

I never said we were European contenders nor did I comment on any of the other games you mentioned (although for the record we completely played Villa off the park and but for woeful finishing and Heaton being in amazing form we'd have won that game by 5 goals at least regardless of whether their goal was allowed or not).
I simply pulled you up on the thrashing comment by Sheff Untd. They didn't thrash us, they marginally beat us. They were poor, we were worse simple as that.
We are not European contenders and I imagine we'll finish around mid table but there are too many pessimists that support Palace. We are not as awful as some like to make out and over the 38 games there will prove to be a lot of clubs more awful than us!

Fair enough, I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. We will have to disagree on the Sheffield Utd game. I didn't go. I watched on TV - if you were there may have seemed different.
To me, we looked a division lower than them throughout. If you knew nothing about football you would find it hard to believe we were the established side and they were the new boys.
We might finish above a handful of teams - Sheffield Utd might be one. I have predicted 16th - you're entirely welcome to predict higher.
It wasn't you I was fully replying to, it was the suddenly we are great people really. I'm still thinking we are going to have a few Sheffield Utd performances. We have Norwich coming up and don't think we will win.
I thought the Villa performance was decent too. However, isn't it quite telling the margin was so low? There are issues here and I'm getting a bit fed up with them being glossed over by us just ticking over. Eighth season and grinding out a few one Nils with one upset a year.
I would like a new stand and some exciting young talent. I guess I'm asking for far too much.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 10 Sep 19 10.13pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Wilf strikes me as a lad who likes his home comforts.. I can’t see him wanting to move outside of London..

I always remember reading Brian Cloughs autobiography years ago when he signed Teddy Sheringham for Forest. Sheringham didn’t stay long and Clough said it was because he was terribly homesick and missed London...

Clough said ‘Apparently Londoners miss London... A place I wouldn’t work no matter how much you paid me’..

I reckon this type of scenario would apply to Wilf.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 Sep 19 11.21pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

Wilf strikes me as a lad who likes his home comforts.. I can’t see him wanting to move outside of London..

I always remember reading Brian Cloughs autobiography years ago when he signed Teddy Sheringham for Forest. Sheringham didn’t stay long and Clough said it was because he was terribly homesick and missed London...

Clough said ‘Apparently Londoners miss London... A place I wouldn’t work no matter how much you paid me’..

I reckon this type of scenario would apply to Wilf.

I remember his deleted tweet from Manchester basically saying 'What am I supposed to do here, place is boring, can't even get a decent pizza' or words to that effect.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 11 Sep 19 5.37pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Fair enough, I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. We will have to disagree on the Sheffield Utd game. I didn't go. I watched on TV - if you were there may have seemed different.
To me, we looked a division lower than them throughout. If you knew nothing about football you would find it hard to believe we were the established side and they were the new boys.
We might finish above a handful of teams - Sheffield Utd might be one. I have predicted 16th - you're entirely welcome to predict higher.
It wasn't you I was fully replying to, it was the suddenly we are great people really. I'm still thinking we are going to have a few Sheffield Utd performances. We have Norwich coming up and don't think we will win.
I thought the Villa performance was decent too. However, isn't it quite telling the margin was so low? There are issues here and I'm getting a bit fed up with them being glossed over by us just ticking over. Eighth season and grinding out a few one Nils with one upset a year.
I would like a new stand and some exciting young talent. I guess I'm asking for far too much.

I dont actually think we are too far apart in our opinions. Reading what you have put above, much of which I agree with. Not all but much.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 408 of 413 < 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Wilfried Zaha thread