You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Wilfried Zaha thread
December 8 2019 5.39am

The Wilfried Zaha thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 433 of 438 < 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 30 Nov 19 9.22pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

If he didn't care, he wouldn't argue about such things. He didn't celebrate as normal but that is Wilf. Think people are reading too much into his behsviour patterns

i know he cares, he genuinely cares about our club, regardless of whether he wants to leave or not.

its just normally you see the junp & the fist pumping wilth a wilf grin...he defo didnt practice that celebration in front of the mirror before the game

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View midlandspalace's Profile midlandspalace Flag kidderminster 30 Nov 19 10.02pm Send a Private Message to midlandspalace Add midlandspalace as a friend

I thought he played really well today, was a threat every time he got the ball. He also seemed to control his anger much better than usual today, completely ignoring the crowd and players after the incident with Bardsley in the second half.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 01 Dec 19 6.12am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

i know he cares, he genuinely cares about our club, regardless of whether he wants to leave or not.

its just normally you see the junp & the fist pumping wilth a wilf grin...he defo didnt practice that celebration in front of the mirror before the game

It was strange given the stick Burnley fans had given him, thought an "ear-cup" was warranted

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley 01 Dec 19 9.48am Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

Wilf is moving through the gears now and he will get better.. you can see his mind is in a good place and if he carries on like this we will get an offer we cannot refuse...

When Wilf is on the left and you get the ball to him quickly he can isolate the full back and it’s game over for the opposition.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sickboy's Profile sickboy Flag Deal or Croydon 01 Dec 19 6.08pm Send a Private Message to sickboy Add sickboy as a friend

Originally posted by Gary St.Andrews

Wilf is moving through the gears now and he will get better.. you can see his mind is in a good place and if he carries on like this we will get an offer we cannot refuse...

When Wilf is on the left and you get the ball to him quickly he can isolate the full back and it’s game over for the opposition.

It's because January is aproaching and he wants to get away. Thats the reason for the upturn in form.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 01 Dec 19 9.54pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Exactly!

As good as he’s been for us over the years I just want shot of him now. The nonsense in the last 6 months has been embarrassing, even more so when you consider the huge amount he is paid by the club and the fact they have bent over backwards for him since he returned to the club.

Get as much as we possibly can for him and move on, without his petulant tantrums, disruptive influence and all the nonsense that surrounds him EVERY flippin transfer window.

Edited by Phil’s Barber (01 Dec 2019 9.54pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kevlee's Profile kevlee Flag born Wandsworth emigrated to Lanc... 01 Dec 19 10.53pm Send a Private Message to kevlee Add kevlee as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber

Exactly!

As good as he’s been for us over the years I just want shot of him now. The nonsense in the last 6 months has been embarrassing, even more so when you consider the huge amount he is paid by the club and the fact they have bent over backwards for him since he returned to the club.

Get as much as we possibly can for him and move on, without his petulant tantrums, disruptive influence and all the nonsense that surrounds him EVERY flippin transfer window.

Edited by Phil’s Barber (01 Dec 2019 9.54pm)

He is on £130k a week. £5k more a week than max meyer and £10k more a week than Benteke.....
I dont deny its a pantomime every window, but I dont trust the club to buy a replacment with the money. I am sure I am not alone on that and until they can show the fans that they will, I want him to stay put.

 


Following Palace since 25 Feb 1978

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 02 Dec 19 7.20am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Watching two of the players who were supposedly on our radar as replacements - Saint-Maxim and Sarr - you would have to say they still have a way to go to reach Wilf's level. I do still wish we had signed Saint-Maxim as he is a typical Palace winger: quick, tricky and entertaining. Pepe at Arsenal has also struggled to take off. Sarr scored a good goal but he looked similar to Bentenke in his rather laid back approach plus he's only managed two starts this season.

All those people saying they just want rid, be careful what you wish for as it is going to require some real skill in the market to replace him. He definitely needs to stay until the summer as it would be madness to sell him in January, especially given Townsend is struggling with an ongoing injury problem too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 02 Dec 19 8.26am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Watching two of the players who were supposedly on our radar as replacements - Saint-Maxim and Sarr - you would have to say they still have a way to go to reach Wilf's level. I do still wish we had signed Saint-Maxim as he is a typical Palace winger: quick, tricky and entertaining. Pepe at Arsenal has also struggled to take off. Sarr scored a good goal but he looked similar to Bentenke in his rather laid back approach plus he's only managed two starts this season.

All those people saying they just want rid, be careful what you wish for as it is going to require some real skill in the market to replace him. He definitely needs to stay until the summer as it would be madness to sell him in January, especially given Townsend is struggling with an ongoing injury problem too.

Newcastle signed him for £16.5 Mill.

Certainly direct,real acceleration, gets his team up the pitch and has a sprinkle of the unexpected.
Not the best finisher and critics in France believe that a lack of end product has stopped his progression.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 02 Dec 19 8.41am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by kevlee

He is on £130k a week. £5k more a week than max meyer and £10k more a week than Benteke.....
I dont deny its a pantomime every window, but I dont trust the club to buy a replacment with the money. I am sure I am not alone on that and until they can show the fans that they will, I want him to stay put.

I don't think we will ever be able to replace him as no player of his ability would 1- be affordable and 2- want to come to Palace .
Selling Zaha would IMO be madness but if that is where its going getting a couple or 3 players in BEFORE he leaves should be the plan

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 02 Dec 19 8.53am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Elpis

I don't think we will ever be able to replace him as no player of his ability would 1- be affordable and 2- want to come to Palace .
Selling Zaha would IMO be madness but if that is where its going getting a couple or 3 players in BEFORE he leaves should be the plan


This is certainly the point for me.

Wilf, even when not turning up, is still a significant focal point of our attacking play and we struggle as it is.

I would not begrudge him a good move, especially if we get good cash for him, but it is less the replacement of a single player, a winger in this instance, and more the need to address the way we get into, and score in, the final third.

Wilf would need to be replaced with a new attacking strategy and not another winger. We may need several players for that.

Just my opinion.

COYP

Edited by Nicholas91 (02 Dec 2019 8.54am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 02 Dec 19 9.02am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91


This is certainly the point for me.

Wilf, even when not turning up, is still a significant focal point of our attacking play and we struggle as it is.

I would not begrudge him a good move, especially if we get good cash for him, but it is less the replacement of a single player, a winger in this instance, and more the need to address the way we get into, and score in, the final third.

Wilf would need to be replaced with a new attacking strategy and not another winger. We may need several players for that.

Just my opinion.

COYP

Edited by Nicholas91 (02 Dec 2019 8.54am)

Hodgson has said himself that his prime objective is to stave off relegation.His strategy has worked thus far and is likely to work this season.

I cannot see him abandoning his tried and trusted strategy and resorting to a new formula so I suspect a like-for-like replacement is the more likely outcome.A new manager would be required to change the way we play.

Edited by Willo (02 Dec 2019 9.03am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 433 of 438 < 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Wilfried Zaha thread