You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Why is this a BBC top story?
April 18 2019 4.29pm

Why is this a BBC top story?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 40 of 42 < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 20 Mar 19 9.47am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Right that's it....removed the BBC as my home page. If I'm going to read such overt propaganda I'll take it from propagandists who don't obviously despise me.

Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Mar 2019 9.49am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 20 Mar 19 9.58am Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Right that's it....removed the BBC as my home page. If I'm going to read such overt propaganda I'll take it from propagandists who don't obviously despise me.

Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Mar 2019 9.49am)

Go one better and cancel the licence fee like me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 20 Mar 19 10.06am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

Go one better and cancel the licence fee like me.

I want to as I don't watch the BBC anymore. However, if you watch any live broadcast you have to legally pay these people near 150.

My partner isn't as political as me and it wouldn't be fair on her.

What I need is some fairness in the system......We are living with a stitch up.

Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Mar 2019 10.06am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 24 Mar 19 11.37am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Here is a recent interview with Robin Aitken on BBC bias.

[Link]

He has a new book out that I will be buying called 'The Noble Liar'.

Robin Aitken spent 25 years working for the BBC. He was involved in radio, reporting, executive work and in many other aspects of the BBC's work. Aitken knows the BBC intimately.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 24 Mar 19 12.15pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Here is a recent interview with Robin Aitken on BBC bias.

[Link]

He has a new book out that I will be buying called 'The Noble Liar'.

Robin Aitken spent 25 years working for the BBC. He was involved in radio, reporting, executive work and in many other aspects of the BBC's work. Aitken knows the BBC intimately.


Good chat Robin Aitken articulately puts his point across very well.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 24 Mar 19 12.40pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Not exactly on the BBC but I think this 'Orwell' quote describes the type of person in power and control there......Not that I think these people don't have a right to work there....but I completely disagree with their view dominating it.

'In intention, at any rate, the English intelligentsia are Europeanised. They take their cookery from Paris and their opinions from Moscow. In the general patriotism of the country they form a sort of island of dissident thought. England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals are ashamed of their own nationality.

In left wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to sn1gger at every English institution, from horse racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact but it is unquestionably true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during 'God save the King' than of stealing from a poor box. All through the critical years many left wingers were chipping away at English morale, trying to spread an outlook that was sometimes squashy pacifist, sometimes violently pro-Russian but always anti-British'


(George Orwell, England Your England )


Edited by Stirlingsays (24 Mar 2019 12.50pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 24 Mar 19 1.15pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Not exactly on the BBC but I think this 'Orwell' quote describes the type of person in power and control there......Not that I think these people don't have a right to work there....but I completely disagree with their view dominating it.

'In intention, at any rate, the English intelligentsia are Europeanised. They take their cookery from Paris and their opinions from Moscow. In the general patriotism of the country they form a sort of island of dissident thought. England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals are ashamed of their own nationality.

In left wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to sn1gger at every English institution, from horse racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact but it is unquestionably true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during 'God save the King' than of stealing from a poor box. All through the critical years many left wingers were chipping away at English morale, trying to spread an outlook that was sometimes squashy pacifist, sometimes violently pro-Russian but always anti-British'


(George Orwell, England Your England )

_______________________________________________________

Orwell was astonishing. That could be straight from the Corbynista handbook.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 27 Mar 19 6.22am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

One woman in a tiny snooker district league.
This is political agenda news.

BBC News - Rebecca Kenna quits snooker league over 'men-only' rule
[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 28 Mar 19 11.41am Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

"BBC pays damages to Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko over report

The apology relates to an incorrect report claiming a payment was made to extend a meeting between Mr Poroshenko and US President Donald Trump.

An article, published last May but since removed from the BBC website, alleged $400,000 was paid to Mr Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen." [Link]

Fake news has its consequences!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 28 Mar 19 12.07pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

"BBC pays damages to Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko over report

The apology relates to an incorrect report claiming a payment was made to extend a meeting between Mr Poroshenko and US President Donald Trump.

An article, published last May but since removed from the BBC website, alleged 0,000 was paid to Mr Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen." [Link]

Fake news has its consequences!

Surely someone should be sacked

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 Mar 19 12.32pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

"BBC pays damages to Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko over report

The apology relates to an incorrect report claiming a payment was made to extend a meeting between Mr Poroshenko and US President Donald Trump.

An article, published last May but since removed from the BBC website, alleged 0,000 was paid to Mr Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen." [Link]

Fake news has its consequences!

But why bother checking the facts it's Trump so just get it out there.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 29 Mar 19 7.56am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Where are the positive straight alpha white male representations on the BBC?

The people who made the modern world are treated like sh1te. Without them the self haters wouldn't have the liberty to slowly destroy the society that gave them such opportunities.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 40 of 42 < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Why is this a BBC top story?