You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ayew
May 25 2019 2.53pm

Ayew

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View srh's Profile srh Flag london 10 Nov 18 7.58pm Send a Private Message to srh Add srh as a friend

Poor lad just is not that good and is out of his depth

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 Nov 18 7.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Poor business.

Thank god it was just a loan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View herefordeagle's Profile herefordeagle Flag Hereford 10 Nov 18 8.06pm Send a Private Message to herefordeagle Add herefordeagle as a friend

I actually thought he tried hard tonight, just is NOT a centre forward. His defending for their goal was horrendous, I know he's not a defender but he's a footballer and most footballers would not have made that error. Attacking wise he's been given an opportunity and hadn't taken it. Sorloth however has not. He's given 15-20 minutes here and there... that's no good to a striker. Strikers need at least 3 or 4 full games to get into their stride and he hasn't been given this. Yes he probably should've scored tonight but a) he hit the target whilst under pressure from the defender and b) had he been sharper and in his third or fourth full game he probably would've buried it.

 


"It's ok postman , he'll lick you to death" "That isn't really that comforting , I still end up dead !!"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 10 Nov 18 8.07pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Can he return in Jan to Swansea unless he ups his game ? Always feel loans are a real gamble unless they come from a top club. More misses than hits. Personally I would of liked to of seen Abraham over him.

Edited by Booted Eagle (10 Nov 2018 8.09pm)

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View merganser's Profile merganser Flag 10 Nov 18 8.12pm Send a Private Message to merganser Add merganser as a friend

Surprised that he’s getting so much flak. I thought he played well. Put in a shift and has some good dribbling skills. I like the player.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 10 Nov 18 8.18pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by herefordeagle

I actually thought he tried hard tonight, just is NOT a centre forward. His defending for their goal was horrendous, I know he's not a defender but he's a footballer and most footballers would not have made that error. Attacking wise he's been given an opportunity and hadn't taken it. Sorloth however has not. He's given 15-20 minutes here and there... that's no good to a striker. Strikers need at least 3 or 4 full games to get into their stride and he hasn't been given this. Yes he probably should've scored tonight but a) he hit the target whilst under pressure from the defender and b) had he been sharper and in his third or fourth full game he probably would've buried it.

Neither would of featured tonight if Wilf had been fit. Roy trusts neither of them in front of goal, Ayew got the nod tonight, Sorloth will probably start against Man Ure if Wilf isn't available. Tweedledum and Tweedledee I'm afraid until Jan.

Edited by Booted Eagle (10 Nov 2018 8.22pm)

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 10 Nov 18 8.27pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

i admit, i dont really think he is very good but over 10 goals last 2 seasons for relegated teams means he has something about him.

however, the way we play just doesnt suit any striker.

we could have kün aguero in our team & he would look isolated...our final ball is always poor and gets cleared by the 1st man, even with bentekkers & his magnetic chest we have nobody around him to benefit from his hold up play/knock ons.

he tries to bully defenders, he runs into channels after lost causes but he doesnt have that extra 10% needed to create his own chances.

the quick thruball for andros last week is exactly what a forward player needs, but other than that one chance last week i cant remember the last time we created that chance by playing thru the middle...even when wilf is up top, with his pace we dont play that way.

i dont know what the answer is, but i do know the answer isnt scapegoating attackers that get no proper service.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View moylerg's Profile moylerg Flag Perth WA 10 Nov 18 8.31pm Send a Private Message to moylerg Add moylerg as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

i admit, i dont really think he is very good but over 10 goals last 2 seasons for relegated teams means he has something about him.

however, the way we play just doesnt suit any striker.

we could have kün aguero in our team & he would look isolated...our final ball is always poor and gets cleared by the 1st man, even with bentekkers & his magnetic chest we have nobody around him to benefit from his hold up play/knock ons.

he tries to bully defenders, he runs into channels after lost causes but he doesnt have that extra 10% needed to create his own chances.

the quick thruball for andros last week is exactly what a forward player needs, but other than that one chance last week i cant remember the last time we created that chance by playing thru the middle...even when wilf is up top, with his pace we dont play that way.

i dont know what the answer is, but i do know the answer isnt scapegoating attackers that get no proper service.

Well said Braunie, you have highlighted the major issue, creative play. There are not many forwards to create chances from nothing, sometimes things break, like fir their goal tonight, and often they don’t. I, however, would like us to take a few more shots from outside of the area, who knows how many indirect assists might happen...

 


Not just your archetypal ping pong Pom. Townsville is not retarded.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View michaelpearce's Profile michaelpearce Flag grays 10 Nov 18 8.38pm Send a Private Message to michaelpearce Add michaelpearce as a friend

Originally posted by herefordeagle

I actually thought he tried hard tonight, just is NOT a centre forward. His defending for their goal was horrendous, I know he's not a defender but he's a footballer and most footballers would not have made that error. Attacking wise he's been given an opportunity and hadn't taken it. Sorloth however has not. He's given 15-20 minutes here and there... that's no good to a striker. Strikers need at least 3 or 4 full games to get into their stride and he hasn't been given this. Yes he probably should've scored tonight but a) he hit the target whilst under pressure from the defender and b) had he been sharper and in his third or fourth full game he probably would've buried it.

no defenders are more skilled than attackers,we can tackle and read the game better,and have a harder time,he done well showed he not a lone striker needs someone to feed off

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View manwitheagletattoo's Profile manwitheagletattoo Flag Devon Exeter 10 Nov 18 9.10pm Send a Private Message to manwitheagletattoo Add manwitheagletattoo as a friend

I honestly think that it is about time this club threw sentiment out of the window Over the last few years we have seen to have priorities giving contracts to the likes of Speroni who in his time has been a fantastic servant to this club and a great goalkeeper, but like John Terry you have to cut the string and push sentiment aside for the greater good of the club, this also I’m afraid applies to Jonny Williams.
Removing these two players from the wage list and squad and paying attention to the areas that need reenforcing. As we all know strikers and cover for Zaha is more important. As we seen today against Spurs, when Zaha doesn’t play we basically fail and it’s about time this was corrected, we cannot kept on relaying on Wilf to get us out of this constant mess we find ourself in every season.

Hodgson has vast experience I donot question that but why does he always play Schlupp over Riedewald. The lad has not been given a chance since Hodgson arrived, personally I think he, Riedewald is a better all round player than Schlupp.


Edited by manwitheagletattoo (10 Nov 2018 9.10pm)

Edited by manwitheagletattoo (10 Nov 2018 9.11pm)

 


South London & Proud
My mum says she doesn't like chocolate, but she has 4 packets of finger of fudge,2, 4packs of Mars Bars,2 pkts of chocolate buttons in the fridge....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 10 Nov 18 9.18pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by michaelpearce

no defenders are more skilled than attackers,we can tackle and read the game better,and have a harder time,he done well showed he not a lone striker needs someone to feed off

PVA was just as much to blame.

if anything he shouldav seen that situation coming as he was facing the play from the goal line.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hannes's Profile Hannes Flag Vienna 10 Nov 18 9.19pm Send a Private Message to Hannes Add Hannes as a friend

Surprised that he’s getting so much flak. I thought he played well. Put in a shift and has some good dribbling skills. I like the player.

OK, agreed! I would have been worse, Ms. Ayew.

Edited by Hannes (10 Nov 2018 9.20pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ayew