You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
July 23 2019 12.14am

Holmesdale Singing Section (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 113 of 118 < 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

Topic Locked

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 07 Jan 19 11.15pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Praise from Cesar.

No. Criticism

And that is how I see most of your posts. Pure dog food.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 07 Jan 19 11.19pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No. Criticism

And that is how I see most of your posts. Pure dog food.

You must just live under a bare frame surrounded by shattered glass given the size of that boulder you just launched through your roof!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 08 Jan 19 7.38am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle


Please debate the issues without resorting to personal insults

Second and final warning. Any further personal attacks will result in yellow cards

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag Croydon 08 Jan 19 8.17am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Shouldn't worry about it, there's loads of season ticket holders on here in the surrounding rows and blocks that will happily sacrifice their seat for the greater good, or at least I assume they will by their support of the current seat grab.

Then again, they could just ask Maple who can put in a good word with his mate Steve Parish. They'll be top boys in the chorus, maybe one can actually keep time and take on drum banging duties.


Edited by ChrisGC (07 Jan 2019 10.21pm)

Sarcasm isnít funny. Safe standing in the lower Holmesdale will keep everyone happy. Those who want to sit will move to different parts of the ground, hopefully the new stand.

Likeminded people who want to stand/bounce/chant for 90 minutes will gradually form closer to block E, thus extending the Ďsinging sectioní.

If we donít accommodate the HF/try to be progressive, weíll end up, as the other poster said, like Everton. Worryingly there are many people, like yourself, who would be happy for us to continue sliding in that direction. The majority enjoy watching matches live with a good atmosphere.

Edited by Goal Machine (08 Jan 2019 8.18am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Jan 19 8.18am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Praise from Cesar.

Isn't that a cat food?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 08 Jan 19 8.31am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Isn't that a cat food?

Aptly, Dog food.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 08 Jan 19 8.33am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Sarcasm isnít funny. Safe standing in the lower Holmesdale will keep everyone happy. Those who want to sit will move to different parts of the ground, hopefully the new stand.

Likeminded people who want to stand/bounce/chant for 90 minutes will gradually form closer to block E, thus extending the Ďsinging sectioní.

If we donít accommodate the HF/try to be progressive, weíll end up, as the other poster said, like Everton. Worryingly there are many people, like yourself, who would be happy for us to continue sliding in that direction. The majority enjoy watching matches live with a good atmosphere.

Edited by Goal Machine (08 Jan 2019 8.18am)

When is safe standing being installed?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 08 Jan 19 8.48am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Sarcasm isnít funny. Safe standing in the lower Holmesdale will keep everyone happy. Those who want to sit will move to different parts of the ground, hopefully the new stand.

Likeminded people who want to stand/bounce/chant for 90 minutes will gradually form closer to block E, thus extending the Ďsinging sectioní.

If we donít accommodate the HF/try to be progressive, weíll end up, as the other poster said, like Everton. Worryingly there are many people, like yourself, who would be happy for us to continue sliding in that direction. The majority enjoy watching matches live with a good atmosphere.

Edited by Goal Machine (08 Jan 2019 8.18am)

I agree with you with everything other than in bold.

You are absolutely right: we don't want to be like Everton or the other prawn sandwich brigade supporters. Football is almost like a crowd participation sport and to lose the 12th Man would be a travesty. I resent other teams where it's like a theatre show.

The HF are a massive part of this and deserve every credit for their displays and voice through tough times. Personally, I'd like to see them mix the songs up more rather than repeating the same couple all game long and try to keep their personal political messages out of displays.

I hadn't considered it, but I think you're right: safe standing is the answer. I wasn't aware it had been approved for use though. If it hasn't, sadly, it's irrelevant.

As soon as the HF demanded to be moved, to the point of boycotting our boys, for me (and it's only an opinion) they killed their entire movement. You cannot give in to these gun to the head tactics as they will roll it out every time they want something.

Also, I don't see it as morally right. It wouldn't matter if it was just one fan being sacrificed 'for the greater good' it simply isn't fair.

I really don't like the arguement of "shut up and get on with it for the club's sake" as realistically, it would be a different tune if it was your seat being snatched. I'm shocked at SP caving to the boycot and can only see it leading to trouble in the future (long term).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag Croydon 08 Jan 19 9.18am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

I agree with you with everything other than in bold.

You are absolutely right: we don't want to be like Everton or the other prawn sandwich brigade supporters. Football is almost like a crowd participation sport and to lose the 12th Man would be a travesty. I resent other teams where it's like a theatre show.

The HF are a massive part of this and deserve every credit for their displays and voice through tough times. Personally, I'd like to see them mix the songs up more rather than repeating the same couple all game long and try to keep their personal political messages out of displays.

I hadn't considered it, but I think you're right: safe standing is the answer. I wasn't aware it had been approved for use though. If it hasn't, sadly, it's irrelevant.

As soon as the HF demanded to be moved, to the point of boycotting our boys, for me (and it's only an opinion) they killed their entire movement. You cannot give in to these gun to the head tactics as they will roll it out every time they want something.

Also, I don't see it as morally right. It wouldn't matter if it was just one fan being sacrificed 'for the greater good' it simply isn't fair.

I really don't like the arguement of "shut up and get on with it for the club's sake" as realistically, it would be a different tune if it was your seat being snatched. I'm shocked at SP caving to the boycot and can only see it leading to trouble in the future (long term).

Regarding safe standing, its surely only a matter of time before it is passed, pressure for it is growing and itís completely nonsensical to not have it. Currently football is more dangerous where people donít use their seats. I suspect this was part of the HFís long term vision of how they hope it will pan out. For that reason, I donít think itís irrelevant.

I donít necessarily agree 100% with the boycott, but it appears that Steve Parish backtracked on his promise over moving them to block E. The HF, through their commitment, passion and efforts, rightly or wrongly have earned themselves a status within the club, whereby they can, to an extent, put a gun to Steve Parishís head and make demands, as has been proved. The difference in the stadium during the boycott was staggering, it was a miserable place and I donít think anyone wants to return to that. That said, I genuinely believe they have the clubs best interests at heart and itís not all about themselves.

Everyone is unanimous in agreement that itís not fair on those being turfed out of block E, but the simple answer to that is to offer those effected a suitable compensation package.

Political messages are not needed, they are bound to separate people. Although, Iíve not seen any of these for a while.


Edited by Goal Machine (08 Jan 2019 9.18am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 08 Jan 19 9.27am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Regarding safe standing, its surely only a matter of time before it is passed, pressure for is growing and itís completely nonsensical to not have it. Currently football is more dangerous where people donít use their seats. I suspect this was part of the HFís long term vision of how they hope it will pan out. For that reason, I donít think itís irrelevant.

I donít necessarily agree 100% with the boycott, but it appears that Steve Parish backtracked on his promise over moving them to block E. The HF, through their commitment, passion and efforts, rightly or wrongly have earned themselves a status within the club, whereby they can, to an extent, put a gun to Steve Parishís head and make demands, as has been proved. The difference in the stadium during the boycott was staggering, it was a miserable place and I donít think anyone wants to return to that. That said, I genuinely believe they have the clubs best interests at heart and itís not all about themselves.

Everyone is unanimous in agreement that itís not fair on those being turfed out of block E, but the simple answer to that is to offer those effected a suitable compensation package.

Political messages are not needed, they are bound to separate people. Although, Iíve not seen any of these for a while.


Edited by Goal Machine (08 Jan 2019 9.18am)

I wouldn't be so certain. I completely agree that it's logical and I would love to see it, but there's too many jobs on the line if it goes wrong. (Which it wouldn't)

No MP, FA exec or premier league board member will ever risk having another Hillsborough on their CV. The police will never support it because it might mean they have to earn their crust: it's a lot easier to watch and control People sat down and a lot harder for perpetrators to escape.

The counter arguement to the safety aspect of seating, of course, is that a seat is the safest option when actually used as a seat.

I realise that we all jump about when a goal goes in and I've toppled over plenty, I think safe standing would be much safer. Bureaucrats, however, are never going to appreciate the reality.

Edited by ChrisGC (08 Jan 2019 9.28am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View BarEagle's Profile BarEagle Flag Monmouth 08 Jan 19 10.52pm Send a Private Message to BarEagle Add BarEagle as a friend

ChrisGC,

Youíre overly aggressive in the posts you have put up in such a short time.

My I suggest politeness and a concerted effort to give opinions rather than question honest peopleís integrity?

Alienating oneself in the first two weeks as a poster is rather unhelpful.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 08 Jan 19 11.05pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

I wouldn't be so certain. I completely agree that it's logical and I would love to see it, but there's too many jobs on the line if it goes wrong. (Which it wouldn't)

No MP, FA exec or premier league board member will ever risk having another Hillsborough on their CV. The police will never support it because it might mean they have to earn their crust: it's a lot easier to watch and control People sat down and a lot harder for perpetrators to escape.

The counter arguement to the safety aspect of seating, of course, is that a seat is the safest option when actually used as a seat.

I realise that we all jump about when a goal goes in and I've toppled over plenty, I think safe standing would be much safer. Bureaucrats, however, are never going to appreciate the reality.

Edited by ChrisGC (08 Jan 2019 9.28am)

Well, there has been a review of the decision not to permit safe standing ongoing for some while now, and the government is due to issue a further statement on the review this month, so we shall see......

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 113 of 118 < 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic