You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Reid in for Hodgson
December 10 2018 5.29pm

Reid in for Hodgson

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag 05 Nov 18 12.56pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Parish signs the chequs, he doesn't tell his managers who they are going to get, he goes by what they and the scouts recommend.

Possibly true but when the scouts are sh*te, you end up with Erdal Rakip.

Does the way we have used Max Meyer so far indicate to you that RH desperately wanted to sign the guy?

You think Roy asked us to sign Jaroslav Jach?

I would rather the manager has the last word over a scout. Scouts should recommend players based on what the manager needs.

Remember last January where RH publicly stated we needed to sign a goalkeeper? He never makes public statements like that, and even then the best the club could do was sign a pre contract for the summer.

I think on plenty of occasions Parish does tell the manager who he is going to get.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 10 Nov 18 8.24am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

What makes you think they're supporting the club now? Lose away at Chelsea after giving them a decent game and they want the manager and chairman out. Absolutely pathetic.

Couldn't agree more, bloody snowflakes

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 10 Nov 18 8.33am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Possibly true but when the scouts are sh*te, you end up with Erdal Rakip.

Does the way we have used Max Meyer so far indicate to you that RH desperately wanted to sign the guy?

You think Roy asked us to sign Jaroslav Jach?

I would rather the manager has the last word over a scout. Scouts should recommend players based on what the manager needs.

Remember last January where RH publicly stated we needed to sign a goalkeeper? He never makes public statements like that, and even then the best the club could do was sign a pre contract for the summer.

I think on plenty of occasions Parish does tell the manager who he is going to get.


By the same token, do you think Parish told Roy that he(Parish) wanted to sign Jach or Mayer or Sorloth.
But i do agree with you that it should be the manager who says who he would like to sign, finds permitting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JoeViper's Profile JoeViper Flag bromley 11 Nov 18 10.47am Send a Private Message to JoeViper Add JoeViper as a friend

I can't see the owners digging too deep in their pockets for new signings when there is a new stand to pay for. I suspect they will want to borrow as little as possible. I also think they will be happy to just survive for next couple of years. That could be a dangerous game though.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 24 Nov 18 7.35pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Great result and performance by all accounts. Shame Roy and Ray didnít get the 3pts their efforts have deserved. Fine margins.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shootylooty's Profile Shootylooty Flag Croydon 28 Nov 18 12.18pm Send a Private Message to Shootylooty Add Shootylooty as a friend

Mindless post in my opinion. RH is doing a marvellous Job - we're playing some of the best and most coherent football that we've played in years. We played really well against Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd - and in every game we were very unlucky to come away without more points. We fully deserved a point from both the Chelsea and Spurs games and could have beaten Man United - given the clear cut opportunities that we had. We are opening teams up and creating opportunities, we just need to start converting those chances. Certainly agree with many on this forum that if we had a proven striker, we would not be hovering at the bottom of the table! To be fair RH is making the best out of the situation he finds himself in but the club should be looking to sign a proven striker in the Jan window whether on contract or loan as our current options up front are sadly lacking and have been for 2-3 seasons now! It's a shame that we sold Murray - what did we get for him £4m? He's scoring goals for fun at Brighton! I doubt there's many would disagree that we need another Murray, who has a good positional instinct, worries and pulls defences around and can hit the target!

 


Cowardice lasts longer than pain.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag 28 Nov 18 1.48pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Shootylooty

Mindless post in my opinion. RH is doing a marvellous Job - we're playing some of the best and most coherent football that we've played in years. We played really well against Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd - and in every game we were very unlucky to come away without more points. We fully deserved a point from both the Chelsea and Spurs games and could have beaten Man United - given the clear cut opportunities that we had. We are opening teams up and creating opportunities, we just need to start converting those chances. Certainly agree with many on this forum that if we had a proven striker, we would not be hovering at the bottom of the table! To be fair RH is making the best out of the situation he finds himself in but the club should be looking to sign a proven striker in the Jan window whether on contract or loan as our current options up front are sadly lacking and have been for 2-3 seasons now! It's a shame that we sold Murray - what did we get for him £4m? He's scoring goals for fun at Brighton! I doubt there's many would disagree that we need another Murray, who has a good positional instinct, worries and pulls defences around and can hit the target!

Agree we have looked much better lately against the bigger sides, but we were awful against the likes of Newcastle and Wolves, really awful in fact.

Burnley is a huge game for us, we need to show up, perform and take our chances as our performances against lesser sides this season have been seriously poor.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 28 Nov 18 2.06pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Agree we have looked much better lately against the bigger sides, but we were awful against the likes of Newcastle and Wolves, really awful in fact.

Burnley is a huge game for us, we need to show up, perform and take our chances as our performances against lesser sides this season have been seriously poor.

Absolutely right.

We are going to be under huge pressure to get a win and should we get into the latter stages drawing or losing the tension will be high-volt crackly.That said, we have been under severe pressure before and succeeded - just think about last season when against all odds we managed to survive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 28 Nov 18 7.50pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Fearful for Saturday. They caused us problems when they resorted to route one in the second half of the game last season and not sure we have the quality to break them down when they put players behind the ball.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 29 Nov 18 8.46pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Parish signs the chequs, he doesn't tell his managers who they are going to get, he goes by what they and the scouts recommend.

I think he is more hands on than you seem to think!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 29 Nov 18 9.05pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Parish signs the cheques, he doesn't tell his managers who they are going to get, he goes by what they and the scouts recommend.

A credible explanation. These scouts ... are they from the 5th Sutton or the 1st Beddington scout groups?

In recent years, I thought we'd recruited blind men to search for our players but the final recommendations were actually submitted by their guide dogs?

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 30 Nov 18 8.49am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Henry of Peckham

A credible explanation. These scouts ... are they from the 5th Sutton or the 1st Beddington scout groups?

In recent years, I thought we'd recruited blind men to search for our players but the final recommendations were actually submitted by their guide dogs?

Be it blind men or their dogs, i still think it isn't Parish who says what players to sign, no decent manager would stand for that, (yes, i know about Zaha), its got to be Freedman as far as i can see.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Reid in for Hodgson