You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grenfell bonfire
December 14 2018 8.11pm

Grenfell bonfire

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 11 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 07 Nov 18 3.33pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

This is far too rational a post for this forum mate, come on.

You would say that wouldnt you danh
Hang em high would suit you as well.
I hope to god that one day, in the future you dont make a mistake as you will be on the end of your very own rules.
Karma is a bitch all ways round !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 07 Nov 18 4.19pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

This is a bit sensationalist.

Also freedom of speech is still governed according to the law and has always had boundaries. This is not a new thing. How they're enforced is the problem, I'd agree there. But if you're suggesting Free Speech = Say anything you like without repercussion = traditional free speech then as you know you're wrong according to the law. But I suppose it doesn't suit the anti-establishment narrative/moany sensationalist thought police orwellian dross. When google gets embedded into our brains sometime this century then you might have a point.

Where I agree is what was done is in no way illegal. Anyone with a rational brain and a basic grasp of the law knows that. Ignorant, feckless and disgusting, yes. Contrary to your belief, you are most certainly able to offend and be an idiot without being investigated. Pretty much everyone on this forum does it all the time.

Do it in public with witnesses, or share something offensive on social media though? Then you're the real idiot.

What is illegal is the sharing of the material over social media. The sharing of names in the papers is not great either, but once it's in the public domain... Karma is a bitch.

If the racist element is either present or proven then they are definitely in the s***. Some of the soundbites coming out from their relatives do make me laugh. Much like the old 'but one of my friends is black' trope. 'He's such a good boy'. Everyones a w***er in private.

Purely circumstantial but talking about 'the ninja is going to get it in a minute' doesn't help matters. You're free to be as idiotic and racist as you like in private, so long as you're with likeminded people and you don't share s*** on the internet, or do it in public in a way that will offend others.

One enlightening fact is that under section 4A of the public order act, if there are two or more people witness to the event then it is prosecutable under the 'displaying a visual representation which is insulting', even if it's in your own home. However they're unlikely to complain about each other. Or maybe they will. That would be amazing.

Will be interesting to follow this as a test case for some of the enshrined views by people on this forum on both 'sides' my assumption is that they will get off with a fine or warning.

The person that shared the video may get in more trouble with the law, and probably with their group as it's the only reason they're being exposed. The person who revealed their actual face rather than their public face with the 'ninja' comment could also be in a bit of s***.

Other than that, on current evidence I can't see who else would get slammed. If they all get jailed without trial or evidence I'll craft my own special tin hat made from the very finest bacofoil.

And they might have to move out of Norwood. Probably for the best.

First, thought, they still have to actually decide if there is anything to charge them with.

*sounds of scraping as the bottom of the barrel is reached*


 


Orwell's 1984 was a warning,not a manual!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 07 Nov 18 4.29pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

You would say that wouldnt you danh
Hang em high would suit you as well.
I hope to god that one day, in the future you dont make a mistake as you will be on the end of your very own rules.
Karma is a bitch all ways round !

I've so far found that not being a prick has served me well in life.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 07 Nov 18 4.34pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

I've so far found that not being a prick has served me well in life.

Funny that because ive found that most pricks are oblivious to much of a prick they are!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 07 Nov 18 4.38pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

This is a bit sensationalist.

Also freedom of speech is still governed according to the law and has always had boundaries. This is not a new thing. How they're enforced is the problem, I'd agree there. But if you're suggesting Free Speech = Say anything you like without repercussion = traditional free speech then as you know you're wrong according to the law. But I suppose it doesn't suit the anti-establishment narrative/moany sensationalist thought police orwellian dross. When google gets embedded into our brains sometime this century then you might have a point.

Where I agree is what was done is in no way illegal. Anyone with a rational brain and a basic grasp of the law knows that. Ignorant, feckless and disgusting, yes. Contrary to your belief, you are most certainly able to offend and be an idiot without being investigated. Pretty much everyone on this forum does it all the time.

Do it in public with witnesses, or share something offensive on social media though? Then you're the real idiot.

What is illegal is the sharing of the material over social media. The sharing of names in the papers is not great either, but once it's in the public domain... Karma is a bitch.

If the racist element is either present or proven then they are definitely in the s***. Some of the soundbites coming out from their relatives do make me laugh. Much like the old 'but one of my friends is black' trope. 'He's such a good boy'. Everyones a w***er in private.

Purely circumstantial but talking about 'the ninja is going to get it in a minute' doesn't help matters. You're free to be as idiotic and racist as you like in private, so long as you're with likeminded people and you don't share s*** on the internet, or do it in public in a way that will offend others.

One enlightening fact is that under section 4A of the public order act, if there are two or more people witness to the event then it is prosecutable under the 'displaying a visual representation which is insulting', even if it's in your own home. However they're unlikely to complain about each other. Or maybe they will. That would be amazing.

Will be interesting to follow this as a test case for some of the enshrined views by people on this forum on both 'sides' my assumption is that they will get off with a fine or warning.

The person that shared the video may get in more trouble with the law, and probably with their group as it's the only reason they're being exposed. The person who revealed their actual face rather than their public face with the 'ninja' comment could also be in a bit of s***.

Other than that, on current evidence I can't see who else would get slammed. If they all get jailed without trial or evidence I'll craft my own special tin hat made from the very finest bacofoil.

And they might have to move out of Norwood. Probably for the best.

But who is to say they didn't want it shared and it was someone else from the group who made it public?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 07 Nov 18 4.50pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


I've missed nothing, I simply answered the rather silly question.

As for consequences, I have no issues with 'reactions'.

'Reactions' have been what we have always had.

It's only recently that the state has changed the law and enabled state involvement over 'opinion'. You appear to support them.

I have massive issues with state involvement over opinions. Indeed many of these views were commonplace and are commonplace.....We are talking outright suppression.

Never mind, when the cycle changes and it's people like yourself who find themselves focused upon you'll no doubt see it differently. I'll still support your freedom of speech.....but I'll remember your hypocrisy.

Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Nov 2018 2.04pm)

1. First they came.......
2. Is right.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 07 Nov 18 10.26pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

I've so far found that not being a prick has served me well in life.

you just put in a quote there Dan. Could you please attribute it to its source ? thanks.


And regarding Grenfell. Forget about the cops and prosecutions. Those blokes have already reaped the whirlwind. Its enough punishment for their stupidity.

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 09 Nov 18 12.09am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

[Link]

Willo, what do you have to say for yourself?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Back in the jug agane 09 Nov 18 10.28am Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

[Link]

Willo, what do you have to say for yourself?

Willo bought the matches.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Back in the jug agane 09 Nov 18 10.29am Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

I've so far found that not being a prick has served me well in life.

Not on these boards it hasn't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 09 Nov 18 11.13am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

Not on these boards it hasn't.

I have to be a prick somewhere

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View fish mitten's Profile fish mitten Flag Chelmsford 09 Nov 18 1.42pm Send a Private Message to fish mitten Add fish mitten as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

Willo bought the matches.

If its Willo more likely started by rubbing sticks together, like they taught him in Boys Brigade.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 11 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grenfell bonfire