You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan
December 14 2018 7.16pm

Sadiq Khan

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 9 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 13 Nov 18 7.44pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

The cable car one?

That one I did check. I at no point said it was incorrect, I asked for proof. Thank you for making my point for me so succinctly

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 13 Nov 18 7.48pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

And he for whatever reason banned bra adverts.
My god go into marks underwear section and what was on the billboards was positively tame.
Now why were they banned

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 13 Nov 18 7.49pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I criticised the intellect of HOL users? Really? Perhaps you fail to understand humour. I certainly am not aware of ever criticising the intellect of any HOL user or users and I would not do so.

I make every effort not to make ad hominem attacks.

I bet butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.

#fullofs***

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 13 Nov 18 9.14pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Vitriol and bile? Calling someone a clown is vitriol and bile in your head? Ok, but it isn't in mine. Tell me Maple, am I allowed to criticise Khan? Most of those not on the left notice this type of criticism from the left....it has fed into the 'fear' culture within institutions past and present.

There are lots of criticisms I've made of Khan, some of it relate to his past relationships and comments within the Islamic community.....But Khan is primarily a secular Muslim and while I oppose many of his views few of them are related to his religion.

What you did here has parallels to you being accused of being anti semitic if you make any criticism of Israel.
This type of thing needs to focus upon the points not the stereotypes you have running in your head.

I've always been honest about my views on here, if I wanted to criticise Khan over Islam I can assure you I would. This has nothing to do with his religion but the economic ideas of Labour.

Looking back at the posts you're right

Not really vitriol and bile, I misspoke (can't believe this is the correct spelling but I did look it up).

But it is pretty depressing that nobody thinks anybody does a good job these days. So it just seems we have a long litany of depressing negativity.

Relating to why I am sensitive to the fact Khan is a Muslim, I don't think it can be denied that Muslims come in for a pounding on the HOL on a daily basis. It may therefore be a factor in the disapproval of him by some people but I have no proof and have made no accusation.

And this was certainly not something personal to you Stirling, which you appear to think it was.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 13 Nov 18 9.39pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Bring back the bra adverts. Stop transport companies and employees bleeding us dry.

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 13 Nov 18 10.41pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Bring back the bra adverts. Stop transport companies and employees bleeding us dry.

Companies bleed us dry, the employees are merely looking after themselves. Wouldn't you?
Having been deliberately shafted (regarding wages) for over 30yrs now more employees should follow this stance rather than 'hating' on those who looked after themselves.

Employees bleed no-one dry.


 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 13 Nov 18 10.51pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Nothing to do with bras, or women in them. It was fitness and bikinis. He hasn't seen fit to complain about half naked blokes advertising aftershave though, the sexist so and so.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pussay Patrol's Profile Pussay Patrol Online Flag 14 Nov 18 6.03am Send a Private Message to Pussay Patrol Add Pussay Patrol as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

Companies bleed us dry, the employees are merely looking after themselves. Wouldn't you?
Having been deliberately shafted (regarding wages) for over 30yrs now more employees should follow this stance rather than 'hating' on those who looked after themselves.

Employees bleed no-one dry.


The good old race to the bottom

Does make me laugh these people on here who argue how we should be paid less and companies should keep more of their money

 


Why did Tong Po think running at Kurt with a flame would make any difference?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 14 Nov 18 9.56am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Looking back at the posts you're right

Not really vitriol and bile, I misspoke (can't believe this is the correct spelling but I did look it up).

But it is pretty depressing that nobody thinks anybody does a good job these days. So it just seems we have a long litany of depressing negativity.

Relating to why I am sensitive to the fact Khan is a Muslim, I don't think it can be denied that Muslims come in for a pounding on the HOL on a daily basis. It may therefore be a factor in the disapproval of him by some people but I have no proof and have made no accusation.

And this was certainly not something personal to you Stirling, which you appear to think it was.

Have you ever asked yourself why you feel it necessary to defend them?
Had it occurred to you that the criticism is directed toward what some Muslims have done and the unacceptable nature of some Islamic attitudes rather than Muslims in general.
Or would you rather be an apologist for these things and claim that people are 'Islamophobic' just to stifle debate?

Yesterday a person in my extended family was mugged by a Black person in Croydon. Do I blame all Black people?
No
Are street muggings in Croydon almost always committed by Black people? Yep.
I know you would rather ignore that fact and come up with some old crap about poverty or upbringing and say nothing about personal responsibility or predisposition.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pussay Patrol's Profile Pussay Patrol Online Flag 14 Nov 18 10.49am Send a Private Message to Pussay Patrol Add Pussay Patrol as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Have you ever asked yourself why you feel it necessary to defend them?
Had it occurred to you that the criticism is directed toward what some Muslims have done and the unacceptable nature of some Islamic attitudes rather than Muslims in general.
Or would you rather be an apologist for these things and claim that people are 'Islamophobic' just to stifle debate?

Yesterday a person in my extended family was mugged by a Black person in Croydon. Do I blame all Black people?
No
Are street muggings in Croydon almost always committed by Black people? Yep.
I know you would rather ignore that fact and come up with some old crap about poverty or upbringing and say nothing about personal responsibility or predisposition.

I think you give this forum a bad name with your constant tirade of racist commentary

 


Why did Tong Po think running at Kurt with a flame would make any difference?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 14 Nov 18 10.53am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Looking back at the posts you're right

Not really vitriol and bile, I misspoke (can't believe this is the correct spelling but I did look it up).

But it is pretty depressing that nobody thinks anybody does a good job these days. So it just seems we have a long litany of depressing negativity.

Relating to why I am sensitive to the fact Khan is a Muslim, I don't think it can be denied that Muslims come in for a pounding on the HOL on a daily basis. It may therefore be a factor in the disapproval of him by some people but I have no proof and have made no accusation.

And this was certainly not something personal to you Stirling, which you appear to think it was.

Sorry for the late reply I've been ill.

I didn't take it that personally I suppose I have a constant bee in my bonnet over the dynamics on the left's obsessive defence of Islam....Not forgetting that you have a perfect right to type that and this is just the cut and thrust of debate.

I think we are all sensitive nowadays because in my view identity politics is the inevitable consequence of demographic change and this is the path we are on. You feel you're defending a principle whereas I think that principle is in a sense from an era that's already past...I see the principle in it though. Still, as time goes on I think you'll see there's something in what I say.

Regardless when it comes to Khan this wasn't about Islam but you're right we criticise religion here. I'm amongst the harshest critic of Islam both its extreme but also to a lesser extent the expediency found in its mainstream.....But when it comes to secular Muslims my concern isn't really there. (though I know Khan makes advantage of of his demographic but he wouldn't be a politician if he didn't do that)

Edited by Stirlingsays (14 Nov 2018 10.57am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 14 Nov 18 10.54am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

I think you give this forum a bad name with your constant tirade of racist commentary


Don't you give it a bad name by constantly name calling when people speak honestly. Surely the point of not agreeing is to say why.

Debate the points.


Edited by Stirlingsays (14 Nov 2018 10.55am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 9 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan