You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > France and the Yellow Vests
December 12 2018 3.32am

France and the Yellow Vests

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View the_mcanuff_stuff's Profile the_mcanuff_stuff Flag Caterham 07 Dec 18 12.33pm Send a Private Message to the_mcanuff_stuff Add the_mcanuff_stuff as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

We had the poll tax riots but I think that was more to do with people had enough of Thatcher

I can see things going a similar way here, the fallout from Brexit could give the tories ammunition for more cuts and austerity

That was a part of it yes, but there was also the problem that the poll tax took no account of ability to pay. Low income families already stretched, and you can't get blood from a stone. You can argue about your own concept of fairness as much as you like, but simply those at the bottom economically simply don't have the money. And you can argue again, that low income workers should get a bigger share of the spoils, something that globalisation hinders.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 07 Dec 18 12.39pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

What utter pish.

Macron was elected democratically and recently.
Bashar al-Assad by comparison came to power upon the death of his father.

True, there isn't a comparison....but I don't think he was comparing leaders but the riots...lets remember the riots in Syria didn't start as expressly against Assad.

As for Macron....he was never popular...he gained a lot of votes only because the only alternative was La Pen.

He has an approval rating of 18 percent....an EU lapdog.....and is increasingly autocratic.

Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Dec 2018 12.39pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View steve1984's Profile steve1984 Flag 07 Dec 18 12.42pm Send a Private Message to steve1984 Add steve1984 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

...and is increasingly autocratic.

Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Dec 2018 12.39pm)

What even more than "my deal or no deal" May?

I kind of doubt that Macron is gonna start dropping barrel bombs on Lille anytime soon.

Edited by steve1984 (07 Dec 2018 12.43pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 07 Dec 18 1.03pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

We had the poll tax riots but I think that was more to do with people had enough of Thatcher

I can see things going a similar way here, the fallout from Brexit could give the tories ammunition for more cuts and austerity

more cuts and austerity ?

if the 'longterm unemployed' sponger class gets it in the neck then good.

working taxpayers are sick of being screwed and buying an expensive house and getting to live next door to anti-social scumbags. There should be a maximum duration on the dole of , say, 6 months and then its off to the soup kitchens and dormitory accommodation for all the able-bodied wasters. No work ? no treats !

the welfare State is ruining it for everybody else.

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 07 Dec 18 1.07pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

What even more than "my deal or no deal" May?

I kind of doubt that Macron is gonna start dropping barrel bombs on Lille anytime soon.

Edited by steve1984 (07 Dec 2018 12.43pm)

I'm no fan of May.

But Macron is autocratic all the same....apparently he's called the army and military police in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pussay Patrol's Profile Pussay Patrol Flag 07 Dec 18 1.19pm Send a Private Message to Pussay Patrol Add Pussay Patrol as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

more cuts and austerity ?

if the 'longterm unemployed' sponger class gets it in the neck then good.

working taxpayers are sick of being screwed and buying an expensive house and getting to live next door to anti-social scumbags. There should be a maximum duration on the dole of , say, 6 months and then its off to the soup kitchens and dormitory accommodation for all the able-bodied wasters. No work ? no treats !

the welfare State is ruining it for everybody else.

Your next door neighbour is on welfare?

 


Why did Tong Po think running at Kurt with a flame would make any difference?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 07 Dec 18 2.01pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

Your next door neighbour is on welfare?

Many new private estates for over 25 years have a housing association section thatís obvious to the eye. The whole estate in good condition and that part damaged and dirty.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 07 Dec 18 2.14pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

Your next door neighbour is on welfare?


not since i sold the property to some salary-earning slave worker-bee.

It is criminal that even expensive nice neighbourhoods are being blighted with scummy scroungers who own pitbulls, do drink/drugs from lunchtime every day, wear grey towelling tracksuit rags, and litter the place with old washing machines and broken cars. Western Europe is in crisis.

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 07 Dec 18 2.45pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio


not since i sold the property to some salary-earning slave worker-bee.

It is criminal that even expensive nice neighbourhoods are being blighted with scummy scroungers who own pitbulls, do drink/drugs from lunchtime every day, wear grey towelling tracksuit rags, and litter the place with old washing machines and broken cars. Western Europe is in crisis.

well said PV.
The lovely home I left in Croydon this year had an HMO directly adjoining and next to that, 2 across the road & a hostel directly behind it.

Some tenants kept usual hours, but the majority didn't appear until 11am & stayed up all night often making a nuisance & causing ambulances & police to visit.
junk was thrown out into front gardens & their unwanted visitors would just open the car doors to tip ut takeaway boxes, nappies & booze bottles onto the road.
took at least 100k of the value of my home.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 07 Dec 18 2.48pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by kingdowieonthewall

well said PV.
The lovely home I left in Croydon this year had an HMO directly adjoining and next to that, 2 across the road & a hostel directly behind it.

Some tenants kept usual hours, but the majority didn't appear until 11am & stayed up all night often making a nuisance & causing ambulances & police to visit.
junk was thrown out into front gardens & their unwanted visitors would just open the car doors to tip ut takeaway boxes, nappies & booze bottles onto the road.
took at least 100k of the value of my home.

That's Macron and the yellow vests for you.....


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 07 Dec 18 2.57pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

That's Macron and the yellow vests for you.....


bloody French, what have they ever done for us..

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace_in_frogland's Profile palace_in_frogland Flag 07 Dec 18 3.00pm Send a Private Message to palace_in_frogland Add palace_in_frogland as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

True, there isn't a comparison....but I don't think he was comparing leaders but the riots...lets remember the riots in Syria didn't start as expressly against Assad.

As for Macron....he was never popular...he gained a lot of votes only because the only alternative was La Pen.

He has an approval rating of 18 percent....an EU lapdog.....and is increasingly autocratic.

Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Dec 2018 12.39pm)

Not true; he beat Le Pen by a huge margin in the second round run-off, but had already topped the polls in the first round against 5 other candidates.

His support has dwindled to 18% because he has been milking the poorer people and sucking up to big business, breaking almost every pledge he made to improve ordinary peopleís lives.

 


Leave it son, heís not worth it...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > France and the Yellow Vests