You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew
October 15 2019 5.38am

Jordan Ayew

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 13 of 44 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag Corby 07 Jul 19 9.22pm Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

For £2.5 million a good squad player.

Bear in mind in the inflation in the transfer market over the years and to put into context - Jimmy Kebe was a million.

Not every player can be a £20 million plus and you do need squad players.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 07 Jul 19 10.14pm

Originally posted by cryrst

What odds you get

11/2 skybet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 07 Jul 19 10.16pm

Originally posted by robdave2k

For £2.5 million a good squad player.

Bear in mind in the inflation in the transfer market over the years and to put into context - Jimmy Kebe was a million.

Not every player can be a £20 million plus and you do need squad players.

Good squad player?

We've got Bentekkers and Wickham as squad players, surely?

Need to be buying better, not worse.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 07 Jul 19 10.30pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

11/2 skybet.

I will wait until after the everton game.
It wont budge on one game.
Good leveller as a first game as well.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 07 Jul 19 10.54pm

Originally posted by cryrst

I will wait until after the everton game.
It wont budge on one game.
Good leveller as a first game as well.

I was a bit disappointed tbf, thought we'd be at least 10-1.

The bookies know the score.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 07 Jul 19 11.09pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Good squad player?

We've got Bentekkers and Wickham as squad players, surely?

Need to be buying better, not worse.

Unfortunately Benteke is on £130k and I canít remember what Wickham is on but itís not a squad player wage for a club that spends 8 months of the season in the bottom 6. The corrections of mistakes including p1ss poor scouting and summer windows etc and long term injuries are going to take time unfortunately again.

And both of those being available at the same time is unlikely.

Further, if youíd read what was said before youíd know that Ayew is really a left sided forward, but of course you wouldnít have read it because you never do.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 07 Jul 19 11.48pm

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Unfortunately Benteke is on £130k and I canít remember what Wickham is on but itís not a squad player wage for a club that spends 8 months of the season in the bottom 6. The corrections of mistakes including p1ss poor scouting and summer windows etc and long term injuries are going to take time unfortunately again.

And both of those being available at the same time is unlikely.

Further, if youíd read what was said before youíd know that Ayew is really a left sided forward, but of course you wouldnít have read it because you never do.

Not sure what wages have to do with selection, it's about performance. Their earnings have no reflection on their suitability to start a game or squad status. By your logic Ward should have started every game over AWB because he was on a higher salary.

Furthermore, although Ayew is occasionally deployed on the left by Wodgson, he's also played in a front two and up top on his own in equal measure, but of course you wouldn't know that as it doesn't suit the nonsense narrative you've created.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 08 Jul 19 12.23am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Wickham on around 60K a week according to the intergoogle. Extended to 2021

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Unfortunately Benteke is on £130k and I canít remember what Wickham is on but itís not a squad player wage for a club that spends 8 months of the season in the bottom 6. The corrections of mistakes including p1ss poor scouting and summer windows etc and long term injuries are going to take time unfortunately again.

And both of those being available at the same time is unlikely.

Further, if youíd read what was said before youíd know that Ayew is really a left sided forward, but of course you wouldnít have read it because you never do.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag Corby 08 Jul 19 6.42am Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Not sure what wages have to do with selection, it's about performance. Their earnings have no reflection on their suitability to start a game or squad status. By your logic Ward should have started every game over AWB because he was on a higher salary.

Furthermore, although Ayew is occasionally deployed on the left by Wodgson, he's also played in a front two and up top on his own in equal measure, but of course you wouldn't know that as it doesn't suit the nonsense narrative you've created.

Hereís a clue.

Better players tend to want bigger wages and there is only a finite amount of money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ecopalace's Profile Ecopalace Flag West wickham 08 Jul 19 7.08am Send a Private Message to Ecopalace Add Ecopalace as a friend

Jordon Ayew having a good AFCON, found some good for. Whilst not setting the world on fire last season, he did have some good games for Palace. At 2.5M this is good business for a 27 year old. Good squad player. Its a yes from me.

I would like two more signings though, right back and striker, however fear we need to get rid of the 130k a week wages first of Tekkers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 08 Jul 19 7.31am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Not sure what wages have to do with selection, it's about performance. Their earnings have no reflection on their suitability to start a game or squad status. By your logic Ward should have started every game over AWB because he was on a higher salary.

Furthermore, although Ayew is occasionally deployed on the left by Wodgson, he's also played in a front two and up top on his own in equal measure, but of course you wouldn't know that as it doesn't suit the nonsense narrative you've created.

Your lack of intelligence or common sense is more and more obvious.

1. Ayew played centrally when Benteke was out and there was nobody else available. His natural position is wide left.

2. Ward over AWB? What? AWB is starting out in the game so heís going to ear less.

3. There isnít an aim by Roy to select or place players in the pecking order of earnings, although that does happen because high priced assets arenít given up on easily.

Rest assured Benteke is above Ayew in the pecking order and Wickham will be if he gets fitter and is able to last long enough in matches and for enough matches. And Ayew isnít a central player anyway so youíre only going to see him after Benteke, possibly a new striker on loan or permanent, and maybe Wickham. Heíll also be behind Zaha, Townsend and possibly Meyer out wide.

You canít get any more last resort than that, but you stick to your mad logic assumptions or opinions based on when no other strikers were available because we only had Benteke, Ayew and an injured Wickham on the books.

Now mods, can we please have that ignore button?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 08 Jul 19 7.35am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Ecopalace

Jordon Ayew having a good AFCON, found some good for. Whilst not setting the world on fire last season, he did have some good games for Palace. At 2.5M this is good business for a 27 year old. Good squad player. Its a yes from me.

I would like two more signings though, right back and striker, however fear we need to get rid of the 130k a week wages first of Tekkers.

Listen to any reputable radio pundit and former player and they will always say how important squad players who that know and are prepared to stay on the bench for most or all of the season. They will end up being cheap and usually at the start or end of their careers.

The simplicity of some in society never stops amazing me. Wow

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 13 of 44 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew