You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team/tactics v Wolves
January 20 2019 1.43am

Team/tactics v Wolves

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Aray's Profile Aray Flag London 31 Dec 18 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

We’ve let in 3 goals in last 4 games inc City and Chelsea , can’t see the defence or keeper being changed.

Our problems are not at the back. That is for sure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tonymikejoe's Profile tonymikejoe Flag C.P. 31 Dec 18 9.34pm Send a Private Message to tonymikejoe Add tonymikejoe as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

VG
AWB- Tommo- Sakho- Schlupp

Luka sitting.

Macca chasing and dusrupting.

Meyer- Kouyate- distributing and driving attacks

Townsend free role.

Wickham (if able to play 90). The target man for through balls and crosses/ hold up to bring Meyer through (really want to see him nearer the goal)

PVA I think needs a rest, really like him but has been sloppy at times recently, could be tired.
Zaha on the bench, not impressed with his attitude/effort recently, especially the hand flapping and digging out teammates Vs Chelski.

I'd like to be in a position to get subs on to give Luka and Macca a rest at 60 mins and would like to see Wickham do the 90, leave absolutely everything on the pitch. Do him the world of good.


Madness.

Have a lie down.

Zaha was the architect of our first two goals away to Man City.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 31 Dec 18 10.06pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by tonymikejoe


Madness.

Have a lie down.

Zaha was the architect of our first two goals away to Man City.

Only ever as good as your last game my little pickle, it matters not one iota whether or not he did ok three matches ago.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chateauferret's Profile chateauferret Flag Airdrie 31 Dec 18 10.08pm Send a Private Message to chateauferret Add chateauferret as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Only ever as good as your last game my little pickle, it matters not one iota whether or not he did ok three matches ago.

That's most likely why Meyer was dropped for the Chelsea game and look how that went.

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 31 Dec 18 10.13pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

That's most likely why Meyer was dropped for the Chelsea game and look how that went.

Exactly: it spurred him on to be an impactful sub, something we're all constantly lamenting the lack off.

Could have been brought on a bit early, but again: that's an often observed criticism of Roy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 01 Jan 19 8.39am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

I like this. Townsend gets through a huge amount of work and can easily slip back into midfield and pick up the ball when required. Both PVA and AWB can overlap so we should have the width to cause any opposing fullbacks problems.

I don't like to leave Meyer out, i think his link up play with Zaha is important,i don't know where to play him though, maybe swap him with Jimmy Mac, but i don't like to leave him out either,also its not possible to play Wickham for 90 mins, possibly for 45 mins for a few games yet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 01 Jan 19 8.44am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

VG
AWB- Tommo- Sakho- Schlupp

Luka sitting.

Macca chasing and dusrupting.

Meyer- Kouyate- distributing and driving attacks

Townsend free role.

Wickham (if able to play 90). The target man for through balls and crosses/ hold up to bring Meyer through (really want to see him nearer the goal)

PVA I think needs a rest, really like him but has been sloppy at times recently, could be tired.
Zaha on the bench, not impressed with his attitude/effort recently, especially the hand flapping and digging out teammates Vs Chelski.

I'd like to be in a position to get subs on to give Luka and Macca a rest at 60 mins and would like to see Wickham do the 90, leave absolutely everything on the pitch. Do him the world of good.

Leave Wickham on for 90 mins "it would do him the power of good" mote like finish him off for good.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 01 Jan 19 9.22am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Leave Wickham on for 90 mins "it would do him the power of good" mote like finish him off for good.

Lad needs pushing. If he ends up crocked again, it's before the window.

Knowing us it'll be softly softly, BAM. Out for the rest of the season from 1st Feb.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 01 Jan 19 9.29am Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Possibly Meyer was rested just for the game tomorrow. Wickham can't do 90 mins yet but should start. Think they were a tad fortunate to get all 3 points at Selhurst but we did let them settle a little too easily as per usual. They will obviously be confident after the Spuds which may work against them but unfortunately like the Spuds we have less time to recuperate for this game and might look lethargic. Some kind of attacking threat please and overjoyed if we run away with a point. COYP !!

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 01 Jan 19 12.52pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Judging by the early moments of Everton vs Leicester these round of matches may be just one too many for quite a few teams. Let's hope we aren't one of them. COYP !!

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 01 Jan 19 5.57pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

Judging by the early moments of Everton vs Leicester these round of matches may be just one too many for quite a few teams. Let's hope we aren't one of them. COYP !!

Not sure how it could be one too many for us, we did f all against Chelsea and basically camped in Cardiff’s defensive half without breaking them down.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AERO's Profile AERO Flag 01 Jan 19 6.00pm Send a Private Message to AERO Add AERO as a friend

At least results today going our way

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team/tactics v Wolves