You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Josh Maja - rumour
April 22 2019 7.09pm

Josh Maja - rumour

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 12 Jan 19 6.15pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

Seriousl.., surely we’ve past the point of watching players to make a decision on. The windows been open over a week now. What’s Dougie actually do throughout the rest of the season. What a joke

Agreed. If true this is frankly embarrassing. Look at potentials in Nov/Dec and negotiate then.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ThatPetrolRelation's Profile ThatPetrolRelation Flag Ottawa 12 Jan 19 11.47pm Send a Private Message to ThatPetrolRelation Add ThatPetrolRelation as a friend

I don't find it embarrassing, January window is usually slow, and tough to land players, because teams generally want time to line up replacements and prices are sky high.

The teams who have landed players in the roster so far:

1. Bournemouth, 2 players including Solanke who's not fit and a loan
2. Huddersfield, who got Puncheon from us.

And every team, just about, is on record saying they are trying to add to their squads.

Perspective is good.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ali_Campbell's Profile Ali_Campbell Flag New Addington 12 Jan 19 11.53pm Send a Private Message to Ali_Campbell Add Ali_Campbell as a friend

What is point in loaning out a championship/league one striker in Sørloth and then buying another league one striker. Seems utterly pointless and waste of money.

We have Wickham and Benteke. Save our money for the summer

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 13 Jan 19 8.30am Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by Ali_Campbell

What is point in loaning out a championship/league one striker in Sørloth and then buying another league one striker. Seems utterly pointless and waste of money.

We have Wickham and Benteke. Save our money for the summer

This is the worry. How can we possibly rely on these two. We are 4points off the bottom 3 with Liverpool on Saturday. If we continue to throw points away with our inability to convert chances away it spells trouble big time. I see a lot of people say we are a solid mid table team. No we are not. There’s a massive difficiency in our team. Fingers crossed we get some quality in. Otherwise it’s another slog

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 13 Jan 19 8.38am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

This is the worry. How can we possibly rely on these two. We are 4points off the bottom 3 with Liverpool on Saturday. If we continue to throw points away with our inability to convert chances away it spells trouble big time. I see a lot of people say we are a solid mid table team. No we are not. There’s a massive difficiency in our team. Fingers crossed we get some quality in. Otherwise it’s another slog

I am broadly in agreement with these sentiments.

We are in a relegation battle yet again on the back of an abject home record.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View You What's Profile You What Flag se25 13 Jan 19 9.19am Send a Private Message to You What Add You What as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

This is the worry. How can we possibly rely on these two. We are 4points off the bottom 3 with Liverpool on Saturday. If we continue to throw points away with our inability to convert chances away it spells trouble big time. I see a lot of people say we are a solid mid table team. No we are not. There’s a massive difficiency in our team. Fingers crossed we get some quality in. Otherwise it’s another slog

I agree with this

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 13 Jan 19 9.42am Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I am broadly in agreement with these sentiments.

We are in a relegation battle yet again on the back of an abject home record.

I agree we are. That old familiar feeling again. It does irk me to see Watford doing so well and where they are in the league. That should be us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 13 Jan 19 9.55am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

I agree we are. That old familiar feeling again. It does irk me to see Watford doing so well and where they are in the league. That should be us.

Last season they finished below us, in 14th place, but they have kicked on this season and looking comfortable in 7th place with no relegation concerns.Yet again we are looking over our shoulders and in a relegation battle.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 13 Jan 19 11.37am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

He was a rubbish Prime Minister, though

Brought in criminal justice bill and beat up crusties

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rollercoaster's Profile rollercoaster Online Flag Cornwall 13 Jan 19 11.43am Send a Private Message to rollercoaster Add rollercoaster as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Last season they finished below us, in 14th place, but they have kicked on this season and looking comfortable in 7th place with no relegation concerns.Yet again we are looking over our shoulders and in a relegation battle.

Bit silly comparing us to Watford. Always some team or other that can 'confirm' a point of view. Oh, look at Burnley, comfortable 7th place finish last year but in a relegation fight this year...

Football teams are mostly cyclic and recruitment appears to be hit and miss for every team even those with most resources make mistake after mistake. Watford do appear at the moment to be making good signings on the whole, but then look at Southampton who you might say have a recruitment record we should aspire to but they have not bought well in the more recent windows.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 13 Jan 19 11.53am Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Last season they finished below us, in 14th place, but they have kicked on this season and looking comfortable in 7th place with no relegation concerns.Yet again we are looking over our shoulders and in a relegation battle.

Let’s not forget that we spent £10m to no effect on Sorloth last January and £10m in the summer, to better but limited effect on Kouyate and two decent free signings, yet the are teams in the lower half of the table who have spent far more than that at the same time as losing high quality players like Cabaye...We decided rightly or wrongly not to go with Solanke. We are obviously not going to spend much this January either so we have to hope that SP and Freedman find some high quality bargains

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 13 Jan 19 1.32pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by rollercoaster

Bit silly comparing us to Watford. Always some team or other that can 'confirm' a point of view. Oh, look at Burnley, comfortable 7th place finish last year but in a relegation fight this year...

Football teams are mostly cyclic and recruitment appears to be hit and miss for every team even those with most resources make mistake after mistake. Watford do appear at the moment to be making good signings on the whole, but then look at Southampton who you might say have a recruitment record we should aspire to but they have not bought well in the more recent windows.

It’s silly making the comparison to Watford a similar size club with simailar type resources? You don’t think we should compare ourselves to others? Well I think that’s silly personally

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Josh Maja - rumour