You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Owen Jones
August 22 2019 12.17pm

Owen Jones

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Jan 19 4.09pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by davenotamonkey

Oohh... a shame I missed it. I love it when Squealer (of Animal Farm fame) gets a roasting. Did he storm off like the petulant bed-wetting child he is?

It was headmaster teaching snotty schoolboy manners and etiquette.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Jan 19 4.11pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

iplayer link

[Link]

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rubin's Profile Rubin Flag 11 Jan 19 4.53pm Send a Private Message to Rubin Add Rubin as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

I think it’s more to do with the reaction he gets from those on the right that he keeps getting publicity.

I'd suggest it's more to do with him being a useful idiot for the authorities and media.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 11 Jan 19 5.46pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

The left have laid their bed and I for one am going to pull up a chair, get the pop corn and watch them suffer.

They have lost the argument, they have worn out the word racist and are now a national embarrassment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 12 Jan 19 9.43am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

The left have laid their bed and I for one am going to pull up a chair, get the pop corn and watch them suffer.

They have lost the argument, they have worn out the word racist and are now a national embarrassment.

Do you actually believe that? How do you deduce that the left “lost the argument”?

It seems to me that left wing opinions and politics are increasingly prevelant in mainstream politics and popular culture.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Jan 19 10.05am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Do you actually believe that? How do you deduce that the left “lost the argument”?

It seems to me that left wing opinions and politics are increasingly prevelant in mainstream politics and popular culture.

It's definitely holding sway over comedy in this country now.....We've gone from probably one of the funniest nations to one of the least.

Who's funny and under thirty in this country? Where's the talent gone?

The PC police destroy everything they touch.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Jan 19 10.07am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

As for left wing ideas.....didn't we get that survey of females saying that only 7 percent identified as a feminist.....despite the television continually stuffing anti masculine and pro feminism propaganda crap down our throats for decades now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 12 Jan 19 10.12am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

It's definitely holding sway over comedy in this country now.....We've gone from probably one of the funniest nations to one of the least.

Who's funny and under thirty in this country? Where's the talent gone?

The PC police destroy everything they touch.

I endorse these sentiments.

In terms of comedy I once heard someone say that the modern day 'Comedians' are called "Alternative comedians" adding that this is very appropriate because they are just NOT funny.

Don't get me started on PC - darned anathema to me.My dear wife has had enough of me getting on my 'Soapbox' about this subject.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 12 Jan 19 10.13am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

As for left wing ideas.....didn't we get that survey of females saying that only 7 percent identified as a feminist.....despite the television continually stuffing anti masculine and pro feminism propaganda crap down our throats for decades now.

I didn’t see that particular survey, but it’s just one example - whatever your political persuasion, I think it’s pretty difficult to disagree that left-wing ideas are prevelant throughout mainstream news, TV and general entertainment, and so I found this comment that the ‘left have lost the debate’ quite a strange one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Jan 19 10.30am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

I didn’t see that particular survey, but it’s just one example - whatever your political persuasion, I think it’s pretty difficult to disagree that left-wing ideas are prevelant throughout mainstream news, TV and general entertainment, and so I found this comment that the ‘left have lost the debate’ quite a strange one.

I wouldn't disagree with you upon the left's dominant position in these areas.....I was having a moan about it instead.


Edited by Stirlingsays (12 Jan 2019 10.31am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 12 Jan 19 10.49am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

The left have laid their bed and I for one am going to pull up a chair, get the pop corn and watch them suffer.

They have lost the argument, they have worn out the word racist and are now a national embarrassment.

Never say never. They’ll get their chance again, even if it’s just because the Tories have another Michael Howard, Theresa May, or have been in for too long.

I can’t see the arguments being over, or that they’re a national embarrassment, more like an item of clothing in the wardrobe you think looks good but you know it won’t on you/ (in reality) so it remains in the wardrobe.

The racist accusations are on the decline though, especially from idiots who don’t know the difference from racism and xenophobia, and probably because someone they’ve accused has shut them up and made them look stupid or ignorant when that was their own intention. I cannot stand these types.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (12 Jan 2019 10.51am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Pussay Patrol Flag 12 Jan 19 11.08am

I suppose one common theme in this thread, whichever side of the fence you may be, is negativity. Like the Brexit decision, built on Cynicism and negativity, rather than hope and prosperity

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Owen Jones