You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wagner in the summer?
April 25 2019 6.50pm

Wagner in the summer?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 7 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 18 Mar 19 12.24am Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

too early to be talking post Roy really, but for the season after next a leftfield risky one to consider is Graham Potter from Swansea - he's lost a lot of his best players has no funds and is doing miracles to get Swansea anywhere near where they are by most accounts - when they played us in the Caribou (sic?) he played seven debutants and they played us off the park for half the match, starting off in Sweden is no deterrent either, they're clever so and so's over there generally and didn't he transform Ostersunds? I think he may have real talent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kev64's Profile kev64 Online Flag Thorney, Cambs 18 Mar 19 6.41am Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Whatever happens with Roy, I can see both Wilf and WB heading off to pastures new .. and hopefully tekkers going on a free to China or div 2 which is about all he will get .

I can see next season being a really tough gig and a real possibility of us heading to join Stoke et al to languish in the Championship for several years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 18 Mar 19 8.08am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

too early to be talking post Roy really, but for the season after next a leftfield risky one to consider is Graham Potter from Swansea - he's lost a lot of his best players has no funds and is doing miracles to get Swansea anywhere near where they are by most accounts - when they played us in the Caribou (sic?) he played seven debutants and they played us off the park for half the match, starting off in Sweden is no deterrent either, they're clever so and so's over there generally and didn't he transform Ostersunds? I think he may have real talent.

This season Swansea have spent circa £7 Mill on players but brought in circa £45 mill in sales from the likes of Fabianski,Mawson,Fernandez,Bartley,Clucas etc.

In terms of their strike force last season, they have lost the services of Abraham and the Ayew brothers and midfielder Renato Sanches who was on loan has also gone.

Potter took Ostersunds from the 4th tier to the top division of the Swedish league for the first time in their history so did really well over there.


Edited by Willo (18 Mar 2019 8.14am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Online Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 25 Mar 19 6.32am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

I am in favour of Roy being our manager next season, but it's not too soon to think about his replacement. There has to be a chance he'll retire in 8 games time.

The conservative choice is Dyche. Personally, I like the cut of Wilder's jib if Sheffield United stay down.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 25 Mar 19 6.44am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Steve clarke from killy is doing a great job
Might be one to look at

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Online Flag 25 Mar 19 6.47am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

The conservative choice is Dyche.

As I have said on quite a few occasions I doubt whether Dyche would come as he's used to having free reign over the footballing side of things which is something that he wouldn't get at Palace

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 25 Mar 19 8.16am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Steve clarke from killy is doing a great job
Might be one to look at

Yes I agree.
When he took over last season,Kilmarnock were second from bottom in the Scottish PL and they are now in 4th place.

Didn't work out for him at both WBA and Reading but at WBA he did bring in Lukaku on loan, whilst at Reading he signed another player on loan namely Ake and they have both gone on to impress in the PL.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View leejaneagles's Profile leejaneagles Flag 25 Mar 19 10.46am Send a Private Message to leejaneagles Add leejaneagles as a friend

I feel like it really is Roy's choice if he's here next season.

I think its wishful thinking that Parish would be considering his options and planning for the future because 1. He has always stuck by his Managers and 2. Roy will work with whatever little he has, even if that's no Wilf or AWB.

For point 1, Parish didnt want to get rid of Holloway, gave Pardew far too long and recently gave glowing comments about Roy on his birthday but also said Roy's contract extension is as important as a new signing.

Roy presumably signed a 2 year extension for a reason and constantly bangs on about feeling as fit as he's ever been. I don't see him calling it time and Parish won't force him out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Online Flag 25 Mar 19 12.17pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Poor Wagner became a loser with Huddersfield so I am rather surprised that in some quarters,we want another Wan#er in charge, as our Messiah.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 25 Mar 19 2.12pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Yes I agree.
When he took over last season,Kilmarnock were second from bottom in the Scottish PL and they are now in 4th place.

Didn't work out for him at both WBA and Reading but at WBA he did bring in Lukaku on loan, whilst at Reading he signed another player on loan namely Ake and they have both gone on to impress in the PL.

Thanks for bringing this one up because I thought he’s one to keep an eye on, as long as he doesn’t develop his drinking for the worse. Sadly I doubt CPFC would look or even think of looking or having an interest in options out there.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View black eagle.'s Profile black eagle. Flag south croydon. 26 Mar 19 7.45am Send a Private Message to black eagle. Add black eagle. as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Steve clarke from killy is doing a great job
Might be one to look at

Steve Clarke is a great shout,more him than Wagner.

Wagner bought mainly players from abroad and was very very lucky to keep Huddersfield up last season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 26 Mar 19 8.16am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

Whatever happens with Roy, I can see both Wilf and WB heading off to pastures new .. and hopefully tekkers going on a free to China or div 2 which is about all he will get .

I can see next season being a really tough gig and a real possibility of us heading to join Stoke et al to languish in the Championship for several years.

And what do you base those cheery pearls of wisdom on? 2 players on long contracts who have both expressed their desire to play for our club. If for some reason that is currently unbeknown to us supporters, the club decides they want to sell and they did leave, then that would put £100m plus into our coffers. Hardly a really tough gig if that money was properly reinvested along with other money we will have available next year.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 7 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wagner in the summer?