You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Rise in violent crime
March 25 2019 2.33pm

Rise in violent crime

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 19 of 25 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

 

View Pussay Patrol's Profile Pussay Patrol Flag 15 Mar 19 5.59am Send a Private Message to Pussay Patrol Add Pussay Patrol as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

We should’ve read the warning signs when Informer sung ‘Saw me stab somebody down the lane, I lickee boom boom now’ in about 93/94.

Snow?

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 15 Mar 19 8.40am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

Snow?

Yep, that one. The warning sign was there of what was to come. Also in some jungle lyrics with some gunfire in them. Sorry to say but imported from the West Indies.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 15 Mar 19 2.51pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Yep, that one. The warning sign was there of what was to come. Also in some jungle lyrics with some gunfire in them. Sorry to say but imported from the West Indies.

There's a blast from the past. So does 'I lickee boom boom now’ mean to shoot someone? I could never really pick up the lyrics and thought it was a strange song about licking someones asshole.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View madcap_v2's Profile madcap_v2 Flag Nope. 15 Mar 19 9.59pm Send a Private Message to madcap_v2 Add madcap_v2 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Yep, that one. The warning sign was there of what was to come. Also in some jungle lyrics with some gunfire in them. Sorry to say but imported from the West Indies.

Yes that well known part of the West Indies called Canada...

 


Who Cares?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 16 Mar 19 7.46am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

I thought it was mainly black on black?
BBC News - Killed in 2019: The UK's first 100 victims
[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Online Flag 16 Mar 19 8.20am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

I thought it was mainly black on black?
BBC News - Killed in 2019: The UK's first 100 victims
[Link]

The picture is supposed to represent some of the first 100 “victims”.

That’s not just knife crime (including fires etc).

There are only 28 people in the picture so I wonder what it would look like if they just showed all the stabbing victims?

Also more importantly what would the pictures of the perpetrators look like?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 16 Mar 19 8.47am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by madcap_v2

Yes that well known part of the West Indies called Canada...

The youth, music culture etc was imported from the West Indies. It has nothing to do with indigenous Londoners or Canadians or the culture there before the importation of standing up in a rave or on MTV singing or MC’ing about shooting someone up or stabbing someone. Jamaica can be very violent with the gangs. Some music artists glorify this. I consider West Indians who want to be British, British, but this is true.

I don’t think some of the second generation African men in London consider themselves British for whatever reason, but a subject that’ll no doubt become one in the future.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View madcap_v2's Profile madcap_v2 Flag Nope. 16 Mar 19 10.39am Send a Private Message to madcap_v2 Add madcap_v2 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The youth, music culture etc was imported from the West Indies. It has nothing to do with indigenous Londoners or Canadians or the culture there before the importation of standing up in a rave or on MTV singing or MC’ing about shooting someone up or stabbing someone. Jamaica can be very violent with the gangs. Some music artists glorify this. I consider West Indians who want to be British, British, but this is true.

I don’t think some of the second generation African men in London consider themselves British for whatever reason, but a subject that’ll no doubt become one in the future.

The murder rate in Jamaica would have been half of what it is now back in 1992. I don't see your point. A white Canadian raps a bunch of jibberish and it's Jamaica's fault haha

 


Who Cares?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 16 Mar 19 10.58am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by madcap_v2

The murder rate in Jamaica would have been half of what it is now back in 1992. I don't see your point. A white Canadian raps a bunch of jibberish and it's Jamaica's fault haha

When Jamaica gained independence in 1962, the murder rate was 3.9 per 100,000 inhabitants, one of the lowest in the world at the time.....but still about four times the UKs.

In 2005, Jamaica had 1,674 murders for a murder rate of 58 per 100,000 people....the latest I could find was 1,616 murders reported in 2017.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.....is all you ever here.

I'm not accusing you of saying it but I regularly hear in the media how white guys were to blame when we were in countries 'of colour' or whatever phrase is currently acceptable these days......now we are to blame when we aren't.

Different day, same BS.

Edited by Stirlingsays (16 Mar 2019 11.02am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 16 Mar 19 3.18pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The youth, music culture etc was imported from the West Indies. It has nothing to do with indigenous Londoners or Canadians or the culture there before the importation of standing up in a rave or on MTV singing or MC’ing about shooting someone up or stabbing someone. Jamaica can be very violent with the gangs. Some music artists glorify this. I consider West Indians who want to be British, British, but this is true.

I don’t think some of the second generation African men in London consider themselves British for whatever reason, but a subject that’ll no doubt become one in the future.

Funny how the likes of Music of Black Origin is a myth or something we shouldn't exclusively highlight until it relates to violence. Then you feel the need to lecture one of the few non white members about what you've decided are the dangers of music of West Indies origin, by highlighting a song by a white Canadian rapper.


Edited by dollardays (16 Mar 2019 3.47pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 16 Mar 19 4.10pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by madcap_v2

The murder rate in Jamaica would have been half of what it is now back in 1992. I don't see your point. A white Canadian raps a bunch of jibberish and it's Jamaica's fault haha

It was originally a joke of mine. You may have noticed by me quoting ‘I lickee boom boom now.’’ Well maybe you did. At least Pussay did. However, it is still rap lyrics about stabbing someone. Where do rap lyrics come from? Where does rap come from? Which demographics behave in the same ways as these lyrics?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 16 Mar 19 4.23pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Funny how the likes of Music of Black Origin is a myth or something we shouldn't exclusively highlight until it relates to violence. Then you feel the need to lecture one of the few non white members about what you've decided are the dangers of music of West Indies origin, by highlighting a song by a white Canadian rapper.


Edited by dollardays (16 Mar 2019 3.47pm)

Unsure what the first sentence means. No lectures. This is a discussion forum.

If you read my later posts you’ll have something more obvious to see I was joking about that particular song. But if you think that knives, guns, gang culture, misogyny and polygamy are positive or something for some people to sing about and follow and idolise then there’s not much else to say to you. These negative characteristics were certainly never sung or sold before and they weren’t in everyday news, conversation or life.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 19 of 25 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Rise in violent crime