You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > “Where’s Our Famous Atmosphere”
May 27 2019 10.09am

“Where’s Our Famous Atmosphere”

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag South East 11 Mar 19 10.50am Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Just pre warning that this is a rant and I’m still very annoyed about Saturday.

So first of all gutted with the way we played,
I’m also extremely disappointed with our fans in the Arthur, atmosphere was flat, every time we were singing we were out sung instantly and went quiet again.

Putting up with a load of abuse being called pikeys and songs being sung about cantona, no one battered an eyelid, 4/5 fans were trying to get songs going and giving some banta back for 1 of them to be ejected, absolutely Shambolic treatment by the club, cameras on every one of us no wonder the atmosphere in the Arthur was appalling,and we had verse after verse of where’s your famous atmosphere being sung and before anyone says we were losing this was when it was 1-1.

In my opinion need to move the away fans back towards the holmesdale, gives the family end a break aswell,

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag Croydon 11 Mar 19 10.59am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

It was ok until the 2nd goal. We've sadly reached the point where the majority of fans now expect mid table obscurity and we don't have the drama of being in the thick of relegation battle or chasing promotion. This is a byproduct of being an established mid table Premier League table team. It's not the most exciting of existences, hence why we need to go for cups now.

Very few seem to care about it. The HF are the only ones actively trying to make a difference. Once the singing section has bedded in, it will help.

Fans only seem to sing now when we're winning. All you can do is sing yourself and hope others around you join in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 11 Mar 19 11.06am Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

It was ok until the 2nd goal. We've sadly reached the point where the majority of fans now expect mid table obscurity and we don't have the drama of being in the thick of relegation battle or chasing promotion. This is a byproduct of being an established mid table Premier League table team. It's not the most exciting of existences, hence why we need to go for cups now.

Very few seem to care about it. The HF are the only ones actively trying to make a difference. Once the singing section has bedded in, it will help.

Fans only seem to sing now when we're winning. All you can do is sing yourself and hope others around you join in.

We should be so lucky.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dean_CPFC's Profile Dean_CPFC Flag South london 11 Mar 19 11.14am Send a Private Message to Dean_CPFC Add Dean_CPFC as a friend

Luckily we've got the new block e section next season which should shake things up a bit. There should be big improvements for games like this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag South East 11 Mar 19 11.16am Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Originally posted by Dean_CPFC

Luckily we've got the new block e section next season which should shake things up a bit. There should be big improvements for games like this.

Agreed but the Arthur still gets outsung especially next to away fans

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Online Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 11 Mar 19 11.19am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

I don't think an early kick off helps in terms of atmosphere.

I thought it was flat before, during and naturally afterwards.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kenbarr's Profile kenbarr Flag Jackson Heights, Queens, New York ... 11 Mar 19 12.01pm Send a Private Message to kenbarr Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add kenbarr as a friend

It must sound very different in the ground than it does on TV. Perhaps it has to do with mic positions & sound mixing in the production truck.

 


Divorced...And LOVING it!
CPFC since Boxing Day 1989 CPFC 2-2 CFC
Gregg Berhalter, US International & USMNT Head Coach
Jill Ellis, England International & USWNT Head Coach
Trevor Francis, International Prat
Jeff Hopkins, Scorer of International Class Own Goals

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 11 Mar 19 1.39pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

We should be so lucky.

Yes, a bit of Kylie could really raise the rafters, especially v Brighton

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ReichEagles's Profile ReichEagles Flag 11 Mar 19 2.56pm Send a Private Message to ReichEagles Add ReichEagles as a friend

Originally posted by SwordFish

Just pre warning that this is a rant and I’m still very annoyed about Saturday.

So first of all gutted with the way we played,
I’m also extremely disappointed with our fans in the Arthur, atmosphere was flat, every time we were singing we were out sung instantly and went quiet again.

Putting up with a load of abuse being called pikeys and songs being sung about cantona, no one battered an eyelid, 4/5 fans were trying to get songs going and giving some banta back for 1 of them to be ejected, absolutely Shambolic treatment by the club, cameras on every one of us no wonder the atmosphere in the Arthur was appalling,and we had verse after verse of where’s your famous atmosphere being sung and before anyone says we were losing this was when it was 1-1.

In my opinion need to move the away fans back towards the holmesdale, gives the family end a break aswell,

The original reason they moved the away fans to the other side of the Arthur was because the club were getting f*cked by extortionate policing costs and saved hundreds of thousands of pounds by making them move, so as much as I'd love to see them move back it will never happen.

Topics like this just again reiterate how much we rely on the ultras to back the team when nobody else will because unfortunately 95% of our fan base have that classic modern British supporting mentality that they can't be bothered to make a sound unless things are going right on the pitch which has plagued atmospheres around the country for years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jjsperling's Profile jjsperling Flag 11 Mar 19 3.47pm Send a Private Message to jjsperling Add jjsperling as a friend

Originally posted by kenbarr

It must sound very different in the ground than it does on TV. Perhaps it has to do with mic positions & sound mixing in the production truck.

Yea sounded good on my end

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Online Flag CR3 11 Mar 19 4.02pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by ReichEagles

The original reason they moved the away fans to the other side of the Arthur was because the club were getting f*cked by extortionate policing costs and saved hundreds of thousands of pounds by making them move, so as much as I'd love to see them move back it will never happen.

Topics like this just again reiterate how much we rely on the ultras to back the team when nobody else will because unfortunately 95% of our fan base have that classic modern British supporting mentality that they can't be bothered to make a sound unless things are going right on the pitch which has plagued atmospheres around the country for years.

The ground was electric after we equalised and for the next 10 minutes. It’s no coincidence that when we are attacking and putting in a performance then the atmosphere improves. Sadly at home there have been far too few performances to warrant such raucous support and before anyone says anything, I could hear neither the Arthur or the Holmesadale for large parts of the match on Saturday and last week the Man Utd fans were particularly loud compared to ours.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aquickgame2's Profile aquickgame2 Flag Beni = summer,Caribbean = winter 11 Mar 19 4.02pm Send a Private Message to aquickgame2 Add aquickgame2 as a friend

Originally posted by jjsperling

Yea sounded good on my end


I think that's much too much information

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > “Where’s Our Famous Atmosphere”