You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Sensible write up on Roy and our season
June 20 2019 6.19am

Sensible write up on Roy and our season

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Apr 19 10.33pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Couldn't load the link, but in summary of the facts, if it didn't include:

Plan A or bust.
75th minute like for like subs.
Dropped too many points against s*** teams.
Couldn't finish our dinner.
Terrible at home.
Mid-table by default.

Then it's inaccurate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 11 Apr 19 10.52pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Couldn't load the link, but in summary of the facts, if it didn't include:

Plan A or bust.
75th minute like for like subs.
Dropped too many points against s*** teams.
Couldn't finish our dinner.
Terrible at home.
Mid-table by default.

Then it's inaccurate.

Two s*** teams in league, seven points out of nine with an away game to come ..can easily be ten out of twelve, how's that dropping points then?
Silly billy

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 11 Apr 19 11.00pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

2013-14 Home 11th 27 pts Away 12th 18 pts
2014-15 Home 16th 21 pts Away 5th 27 pts
2015-16 Home 18th 21 pts Away 13th 21 pts
2016-17 Home 18th 20 pts Away 8th 21 pts
2017-18 Home 13th 26 pts Away 9th 18 pts
2018-19 Home 18th 16 pts Away 7th 23 pts


Which gives us an average of a 12th place finish every season....

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 12 Apr 19 12.59am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

2013-14 Home 11th 27 pts Away 12th 18 pts
2014-15 Home 16th 21 pts Away 5th 27 pts
2015-16 Home 18th 21 pts Away 13th 21 pts
2016-17 Home 18th 20 pts Away 8th 21 pts
2017-18 Home 13th 26 pts Away 9th 18 pts
2018-19 Home 18th 16 pts Away 7th 23 pts


Fortress Selhurst and so glad we caved in to the HF.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 12 Apr 19 7.36am Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

Will be interesting to see where we’re are after this season...

[Link]


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 12 Apr 19 7.46am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

Two s*** teams in league, seven points out of nine with an away game to come ..can easily be ten out of twelve, how's that dropping points then?
Silly billy

We got beaten by Brighton twice and drew with Newcastle and Cardiff at home of the top of my head.
Without mentioning Bournemouth away or the triple done over us by Watford.
How's that not dropping too many points against s*** teams?
Facetious Fred.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View leejaneagles's Profile leejaneagles Flag 12 Apr 19 8.57am Send a Private Message to leejaneagles Add leejaneagles as a friend

The hilarious thing is, people asking if there's a middle ground between Roy and Pardew, we already with the extremely underrated Sam Allardyce.

It just shows how much the media can influence fan opinion because we watched with our own eyes, an organised defensive team (like Roy's), with direct effective attacking (Pardew) whilst also getting a tune out of Benteke and being really dangerous from set-pieces.

We just get revisionist history that Sam is boring and just plays long ball and is only suitable for keeping a team in the Premier League. Probably because he is Northern and English.

Big Sam is the best Manager we have ever had and unfortunately, he knows his limitations and knows what he needs in the Transfer Market to be a success and we were too afraid to back him.

I'd have him back in a heart-beat but the Board would have to give him money to finish his vision. He simply would not fail to get us into Europe, if given the required (but still realistic budget). He wouldn't be far off with the Team we have assembled now.

Edited by leejaneagles (12 Apr 2019 9.01am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 12 Apr 19 10.05am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by leejaneagles

The hilarious thing is, people asking if there's a middle ground between Roy and Pardew, we already with the extremely underrated Sam Allardyce.

It just shows how much the media can influence fan opinion because we watched with our own eyes, an organised defensive team (like Roy's), with direct effective attacking (Pardew) whilst also getting a tune out of Benteke and being really dangerous from set-pieces.

We just get revisionist history that Sam is boring and just plays long ball and is only suitable for keeping a team in the Premier League. Probably because he is Northern and English.

Big Sam is the best Manager we have ever had and unfortunately, he knows his limitations and knows what he needs in the Transfer Market to be a success and we were too afraid to back him.

I'd have him back in a heart-beat but the Board would have to give him money to finish his vision. He simply would not fail to get us into Europe, if given the required (but still realistic budget). He wouldn't be far off with the Team we have assembled now.

Edited by leejaneagles (12 Apr 2019 9.01am)


Great post.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View KAOS's Profile KAOS Flag India 12 Apr 19 10.23am Send a Private Message to KAOS Add KAOS as a friend

I agree with the sentiment but still not convinced that BFS ever really fancied life in SE25. In his eyes we're to small, unfashionable and in the wrong part of TOWN. we gave him a chance after his England debacle and he grabbed it with both hands but, IMO, always had hopes of a 'bigger' role somewhere else.

He's not to be trusted ... kinda fella who looks over your shoulder when you're speaking to him. Always distracted by the lights.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscall Eagle's Profile Brinscall Eagle Flag Brinscall Lancashire/ Villamartin ... 12 Apr 19 10.31am Send a Private Message to Brinscall Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Brinscall Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by leejaneagles

The hilarious thing is, people asking if there's a middle ground between Roy and Pardew, we already with the extremely underrated Sam Allardyce.

It just shows how much the media can influence fan opinion because we watched with our own eyes, an organised defensive team (like Roy's), with direct effective attacking (Pardew) whilst also getting a tune out of Benteke and being really dangerous from set-pieces.

We just get revisionist history that Sam is boring and just plays long ball and is only suitable for keeping a team in the Premier League. Probably because he is Northern and English.

Big Sam is the best Manager we have ever had and unfortunately, he knows his limitations and knows what he needs in the Transfer Market to be a success and we were too afraid to back him.

I'd have him back in a heart-beat but the Board would have to give him money to finish his vision. He simply would not fail to get us into Europe, if given the required (but still realistic budget). He wouldn't be far off with the Team we have assembled now.

Edited by leejaneagles (12 Apr 2019 9.01am)

My opinion is the Roy is the middle ground between Allardyce and Pardew. I am not aware of a more defensive , we must not lose , concede a goal minded manager than Allerdyce .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 12 Apr 19 11.03am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

We got beaten by Brighton twice and drew with Newcastle and Cardiff at home of the top of my head.
Without mentioning Bournemouth away or the triple done over us by Watford.
How's that not dropping too many points against s*** teams?
Facetious Fred.

Brighton, Newcastle, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Watford are not shit teams ..any team able to compete and still be able to survive this league with about seven games to go is far from crap, home or away.
All our players are not quite as competent as you think they are, opposing teams know who will make the most mistakes and we make far too many of them, Mr Hodgson is doing a fantastic brilliant job with them ..it must be extremely frustrating for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 12 Apr 19 11.05am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by leejaneagles

The hilarious thing is, people asking if there's a middle ground between Roy and Pardew, we already with the extremely underrated Sam Allardyce.

It just shows how much the media can influence fan opinion because we watched with our own eyes, an organised defensive team (like Roy's), with direct effective attacking (Pardew) whilst also getting a tune out of Benteke and being really dangerous from set-pieces.

We just get revisionist history that Sam is boring and just plays long ball and is only suitable for keeping a team in the Premier League. Probably because he is Northern and English.

Big Sam is the best Manager we have ever had and unfortunately, he knows his limitations and knows what he needs in the Transfer Market to be a success and we were too afraid to back him.

I'd have him back in a heart-beat but the Board would have to give him money to finish his vision. He simply would not fail to get us into Europe, if given the required (but still realistic budget). He wouldn't be far off with the Team we have assembled now.

Edited by leejaneagles (12 Apr 2019 9.01am)

Sooooo many holes, I cannot even begin.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Sensible write up on Roy and our season