You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs City Match Thread
April 18 2019 11.41pm

Palace vs City Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 13 of 17 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 14 Apr 19 6.18pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

maybe a lot of people on here only started supporting when we got promoted...but genuinely, people should understand how good we currently have it as palace fans.

if they experienced the years struggling in the 2nd tier they wouldnt moan.

Or seeing us lose 2-4 at home in the FA Cup to an Amateur team and again the next year 1-3 albeit away.
Or having to seek re-election after finishing bottom of the 3rd Division or not even being able to finish above 12th and being relegated to the newly formed forth Division.

The moaning and whinging of some people on here is pathetic especially as we are in the top league and well out of the relegation zone yet again

Edited by PZ Eagle (14 Apr 2019 6.19pm)

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 14 Apr 19 6.23pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Or seeing us lose 2-4 at home in the FA Cup to an Amateur team and again the next year 1-3 albeit away.
Or having to seek re-election after finishing bottom of the 3rd Division or not even being able to finish above 12th and being relegated to the newly formed forth Division.

The moaning and whinging of some people on here is pathetic especially as we are in the top league and well out of the relegation zone yet again

Edited by PZ Eagle (14 Apr 2019 6.19pm)

And the attitude of fans who are just happy to escape relegation each season is pathetic. We could be doing so much better.....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 14 Apr 19 6.24pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Or seeing us lose 2-4 at home in the FA Cup to an Amateur team and again the next year 1-3 albeit away.
Or having to seek re-election after finishing bottom of the 3rd Division or not even being able to finish above 12th and being relegated to the newly formed forth Division.

The moaning and whinging of some people on here is pathetic especially as we are in the top league and well out of the relegation zone yet again

Edited by PZ Eagle (14 Apr 2019 6.19pm)


'
Maybe it would be better to get the 'inevitable' relegation to the Championship over and done with, then they can have their 'gung-Ho' football every week

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View iheartcpfc's Profile iheartcpfc Flag SE25 14 Apr 19 6.28pm Send a Private Message to iheartcpfc Add iheartcpfc as a friend

Some people actually think we played well!

Palace fans have no football intelligence. Park the bus = ROY GOOD. Forget all the times the block was opened up with ease and the aids we served up in possession, we defended all game so we must have played well. What's the point in setting up like that anyway? We're safe, what's the worst that can happen, the team try and give City a real game but lose instead of participating in a training session? The fans get the entertaining football we (some of us) crave to make sure we renew our season tickets after prices went up? We finish 14th instead of 13th?

no wonder Hodgson is still here. Wouldn't happen at Spanish clubs, their fans would have the white hankies out. Bring on the cultural revolution where technical ability is valued over a loser mentality

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 14 Apr 19 6.30pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Na. Let's stay in the premiership and play boring predictable football....or get a manager who can play a bit more adventurous (not hung ho) paticullarly at home.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View herefordeagle's Profile herefordeagle Flag Hereford 14 Apr 19 6.31pm Send a Private Message to herefordeagle Add herefordeagle as a friend

Originally posted by iheartcpfc

Some people actually think we played well!

Palace fans have no football intelligence. Park the bus = ROY GOOD. Forget all the times the block was opened up with ease and the aids we served up in possession, we defended all game so we must have played well. What's the point in setting up like that anyway? We're safe, what's the worst that can happen, the team try and give City a real game but lose instead of participating in a training session? The fans get the entertaining football we (some of us) crave to make sure we renew our season tickets after prices went up? We finish 14th instead of 13th?

no wonder Hodgson is still here. Wouldn't happen at Spanish clubs, their fans would have the white hankies out. Bring on the cultural revolution where technical ability is valued over a loser mentality

100% agree with this....apart from the no intelligence bit

Edited by herefordeagle (14 Apr 2019 6.32pm)

 


"It's ok postman , he'll lick you to death" "That isn't really that comforting , I still end up dead !!"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 14 Apr 19 6.43pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

And the attitude of fans who are just happy to escape relegation each season is pathetic. We could be doing so much better.....

Well I for one do not want us to be relegated but that is not the same as being happy to escape relegation each season. Of course it would be nice to finish in the top six each season but for us with a ground capacity of only 25,000 it ain't gonna happen. Sometimes in life you have to accept your limitations and accept what you have is much much better than the alternative ie the Championship.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 14 Apr 19 6.44pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by iheartcpfc

Some people actually think we played well!

Palace fans have no football intelligence. Park the bus = ROY GOOD. Forget all the times the block was opened up with ease and the aids we served up in possession, we defended all game so we must have played well. What's the point in setting up like that anyway? We're safe, what's the worst that can happen, the team try and give City a real game but lose instead of participating in a training session? The fans get the entertaining football we (some of us) crave to make sure we renew our season tickets after prices went up? We finish 14th instead of 13th?

no wonder Hodgson is still here. Wouldn't happen at Spanish clubs, their fans would have the white hankies out. Bring on the cultural revolution where technical ability is valued over a loser mentality


Two of Citys goals came from us committing players forward. Perhaps it would be better if we tried to attack all game against their machine and lost 8-0 so that you and and a few others can tell us what a sh1t manager Roy is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 14 Apr 19 6.44pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by A89M

Not happy with the result but to expect anything from this fixture is unrealistic, show me a team this season with similar stature to us that has got anything else against city?

Newcastle.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 14 Apr 19 6.46pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Na. Let's stay in the premiership and play boring predictable football....or get a manager who can play a bit more adventurous (not hung ho) paticullarly at home.

Alan Pardew??

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 14 Apr 19 6.57pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Na. Let's stay in the premiership and play boring predictable football....or get a manager who can play a bit more adventurous (not hung ho) paticullarly at home.

Sounds like you're in the same camp as Maine Eagle.

You don't mind the possibility of getting relegated as long as we are playing '' more adventurous '' football.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 14 Apr 19 7.03pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

No shame in losing to City.

However, I think the performance is indicative of our home form.

Gary Neville was spot on with his comments that we defended too deep and didn't go out to close down the city midfield. They almost had the freedom of Selhurst to try and pick out a pass, we just tried to cut it out. Sooner or later we were going to get punished.

Why Van Aanholt didn't go with Sterling for the first goal is beyond me, PVA isnt exactly slow. That being said Sterling took it really well, didn't give Guiata a chance.

I thought Palace looked more creative when Meyer came on. Whilst he may not be effective away from home, I wonder if he should be used from the start at home more.

Benteke isn't a lost cause, but needs play in a 4-4-2 formation. 4-3-3 doesn't work for him.

Gary Neville had a disastrous time as coach at Valencia and Id trust Roy over him and his silly gimmicks on Sky.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 13 of 17 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs City Match Thread