You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Degeneracy and Social conservatism
May 26 2022 1.49am

Degeneracy and Social conservatism

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 9 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 04 Apr 22 3.35pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

That's yet another lie, anyone who read your posts on Biden around the election knows that.

As for Orban and Putin having things in common. They are social conservatives for sure however it's plainly ridiculous to suggest anymore than that as Orban doesn't kill opponents or invade neighbours.....Russia is a gangster state and Hungary isn't.

Orban has supported the west's sanctions over Russia and accepted all the refugees that have come over the border....He is more focused upon a peace deal than deliberately continuing the war.

He bats for his country far more than our politicians in my view.....He doesn't bat for collectivist globalist elites like you.

Edited by Stirlingsays (04 Apr 2022 2.36pm)

My concern over the 2020 election was 100% about making sure Trump was removed. Who-ever achieved that got my support but as I have repeatedly said, I have no special regard for Biden. He did the job. That's enough.

I didn't say Orban and Putin are identical twins. Nor did I make any reference at all to Russia or Hungary. I said they have quite a lot in common, and they have. They are both populists with a disdain for "liberal" politics, have little regard for what is in the long-term interests of their country and a great desire for power. Both are ruthless with political opponents. Anyone who turns their back on the realities of the modern global economy is in denial and bound to store up problems for their people. Short-term personal popularity is no substitute for long-term strategic plans and working with willing, trustworthy partners. History will not be kind to Viktor Orban.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 04 Apr 22 5.20pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

My concern over the 2020 election was 100% about making sure Trump was removed. Who-ever achieved that got my support but as I have repeatedly said, I have no special regard for Biden. He did the job. That's enough.

I didn't say Orban and Putin are identical twins. Nor did I make any reference at all to Russia or Hungary. I said they have quite a lot in common, and they have. They are both populists with a disdain for "liberal" politics, have little regard for what is in the long-term interests of their country and a great desire for power. Both are ruthless with political opponents. Anyone who turns their back on the realities of the modern global economy is in denial and bound to store up problems for their people. Short-term personal popularity is no substitute for long-term strategic plans and working with willing, trustworthy partners. History will not be kind to Viktor Orban.

Biden is another Jimmy Carter, weak and useless.

Edited by georgenorman (04 Apr 2022 5.21pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 04 Apr 22 6.04pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Biden is another Jimmy Carter, weak and useless.

Edited by georgenorman (04 Apr 2022 5.21pm)

Leading the western response to Putin's aggression? Putting in place the biggest economic revival plan in US history? Getting to grips with Covid? Oh, his administration haven't done anything at all. Note, his administration. It's not all about one man. As it was with Trump and his idol, Putin.

Carter's reputation has undergone something of an upward revision recently. Once the GOP pack of misinformation terriers have to get their teeth into new backsides that's what tends to happen.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 04 Apr 22 6.11pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Leading the western response to Putin's aggression? Putting in place the biggest economic revival plan in US history? Getting to grips with Covid? Oh, his administration haven't done anything at all. Note, his administration. It's not all about one man. As it was with Trump and his idol, Putin.

Carter's reputation has undergone something of an upward revision recently. Once the GOP pack of misinformation terriers have to get their teeth into new backsides that's what tends to happen.

Those terriers must be chomping away.


[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 04 Apr 22 6.16pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Leading the western response to Putin's aggression? Putting in place the biggest economic revival plan in US history? Getting to grips with Covid? Oh, his administration haven't done anything at all. Note, his administration. It's not all about one man. As it was with Trump and his idol, Putin.

Carter's reputation has undergone something of an upward revision recently. Once the GOP pack of misinformation terriers have to get their teeth into new backsides that's what tends to happen.

Biden hasn't successfully done any of those things.

The idiot has made mistake after mistake and only someone like you can create a paragraph of words that present failures as success. He's in a position where he can't even talk to Putin, with Macron being the only western politician Putin will negotiate with.

I very much doubt that if Trump had won re-election we would be in this cold war where it costs 75 quid to fill up my car and my food bill has doubled and I now have to worry about the electric and gas bills..

Please enjoy your game of bowls while the food bank queues extend thanks to your blinkered politics.

Edited by Stirlingsays (04 Apr 2022 6.18pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 04 Apr 22 6.42pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Biden is another Jimmy Carter, weak and useless.

Edited by georgenorman (04 Apr 2022 5.21pm)

just a puppet of the Elites. Unlike Trump.

 


7 points from Manchester this season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 04 Apr 22 11.52pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Those terriers must be chomping away.


[Link]

They are, and their persistent yapping has reached into the minds of the easily misled, even here.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 05 Apr 22 12.15am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

They are, and their persistent yapping has reached into the minds of the easily misled, even here.

Itís also possible that a lot of the people who actually live there arenít impressed with how things are going.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 05 Apr 22 12.36am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Biden hasn't successfully done any of those things.

The idiot has made mistake after mistake and only someone like you can create a paragraph of words that present failures as success. He's in a position where he can't even talk to Putin, with Macron being the only western politician Putin will negotiate with.

I very much doubt that if Trump had won re-election we would be in this cold war where it costs 75 quid to fill up my car and my food bill has doubled and I now have to worry about the electric and gas bills..

Please enjoy your game of bowls while the food bank queues extend thanks to your blinkered politics.

Edited by Stirlingsays (04 Apr 2022 6.18pm)

There you go again, presenting dubious personal opinion as fact. The USA has been at the forefront of galvanising Nato and coordinating the economic sanctions. It's been known for a long time that Putin fears the Democrats. He hates Clinton because he knows that she would have taken a tougher line with him than Trump ever would, which is why he helped manipulate Trump into the WH. Macron is just playing the "good" policeman role, and acting as the bridge.

You've made what I believe is a ridiculous claim about Trump not getting us into this position. He may well have refused to permit US support for any Nato action. Indeed, by the end of a second term the future of Nato could have been called into doubt. He could have effectively allowed Trump to walk into Ukraine and take what he wanted. In the short-term, our own problems would be less, but at what long-term cost? Putin wouldn't stop at Ukraine if he knew he faced an emasculated Nato. There could well have been a much bigger war, involving the whole of Eastern Europe, which the countries of the west could easily be dragged into.

No. It has already gone on too long, and what is now being done is to try to make sure the pain we all suffer will be minimised.

No-one wants to see food and energy shortages, or heavy price increases. We must all accept the cost of us providing support to the really needy. Everyone from the middle income classes upwards need to prepare themselves for significant tax rises, alongside the pain of rising prices. There is no, and was no, realistic alternative. Hopefully, if we continue our resolve, it won't last too long.

Bowls is an inexpensive, social, and healthy sport. It's surprisingly skilful and very competitive, so ideal for the sportsman who can no longer run for several hours.

It's also very accessible. There are greens everywhere. Even in the Fens, there are several in the Wisbech area. Even the most unsporty types can play to some kind of standard. A bowling green is a much better place to rid yourself of all the anger and disillusionment you clearly pour out every day. Try it, you'll feel a lot better.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 05 Apr 22 1.01am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

There you go again, presenting dubious personal opinion as fact. The USA has been at the forefront of galvanising Nato and coordinating the economic sanctions. It's been known for a long time that Putin fears the Democrats. He hates Clinton because he knows that she would have taken a tougher line with him than Trump ever would, which is why he helped manipulate Trump into the WH. Macron is just playing the "good" policeman role, and acting as the bridge.

You've made what I believe is a ridiculous claim about Trump not getting us into this position. He may well have refused to permit US support for any Nato action. Indeed, by the end of a second term the future of Nato could have been called into doubt. He could have effectively allowed Trump to walk into Ukraine and take what he wanted. In the short-term, our own problems would be less, but at what long-term cost? Putin wouldn't stop at Ukraine if he knew he faced an emasculated Nato. There could well have been a much bigger war, involving the whole of Eastern Europe, which the countries of the west could easily be dragged into.

No. It has already gone on too long, and what is now being done is to try to make sure the pain we all suffer will be minimised.

No-one wants to see food and energy shortages, or heavy price increases. We must all accept the cost of us providing support to the really needy. Everyone from the middle income classes upwards need to prepare themselves for significant tax rises, alongside the pain of rising prices. There is no, and was no, realistic alternative. Hopefully, if we continue our resolve, it won't last too long.

Bowls is an inexpensive, social, and healthy sport. It's surprisingly skilful and very competitive, so ideal for the sportsman who can no longer run for several hours.

It's also very accessible. There are greens everywhere. Even in the Fens, there are several in the Wisbech area. Even the most unsporty types can play to some kind of standard. A bowling green is a much better place to rid yourself of all the anger and disillusionment you clearly pour out every day. Try it, you'll feel a lot better.

I will say your first line is you with brexit so glass houses etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 05 Apr 22 11.24am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I will say your first line is you with brexit so glass houses etc.

I will say judge that on the evidence you see for yourself.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 05 Apr 22 11.32am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Itís also possible that a lot of the people who actually live there arenít impressed with how things are going.

They aren't. The question though is how, where and why is that impression formed?

I use a number of US forums. They are revealing. There is a lot of hyperbole there. I haven't been in the USA for more than 3 years, but expect to be there for a few weeks later this year. It will be interesting to see at first hand what the changes have been.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 9 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Degeneracy and Social conservatism