You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > World Cup Gems
January 30 2023 12.14pm

World Cup Gems

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 01 Dec 22 3.37pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by theorist

Kang-in Lee. (suggestion) SK int'l on Mallorcas books with a release ~£16m. Newcastle/Hammers interest.

SK Yonhap news wire:

Decision time approaches for S. Korea on sparkplug midfielder
DOHA -- Putting his creativity and dazzling skills on full display at the FIFA World Cup, midfielder Lee Kang-in has been South Korea's most dangerous weapon off the bench so far in Qatar.

Left footed attacking mid assist man and as with most on the SK squad - a highly intelligent footballer capable of seeing the game.

IMO he might slot in smartly a step in front of the decoure/anderson/guehi defensive triangle bringing significant organisation to the turn of play.

my one pence worth (inflation)

Decent shout, young but Newcastle are looking like paying the release clause. Newcastle have made it very hard for teams such as ours to get decent players - and it was already hard enough with West Ham, Everton and Villa buying everyone - let alone the 'big' clubs who we can't compete with. Add Forest buying everyone too and it's a seller's market as usual.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 01 Dec 22 3.51pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Decent shout, young but Newcastle are looking like paying the release clause. Newcastle have made it very hard for teams such as ours to get decent players - and it was already hard enough with West Ham, Everton and Villa buying everyone - let alone the 'big' clubs who we can't compete with. Add Forest buying everyone too and it's a seller's market as usual.

Exactly, it's why I do not see the WC as our 'shop window'. Any player that does put themselves in said window we are going to be well down the financial pecking order for.

Look at where we have been buying our players from - Mid/lower league French sides, Championship, other team's academies (where they willing let them go) etc. Andersen was a good get.

I would imagine our transfer activity will be, and be better for, finding relatively unknown gems as opposed to flavours of months where we are like the proverbial males on Xmas eve trying to get presents last minute and willingly overpaying if one is available.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 01 Dec 22 4.06pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Exactly, it's why I do not see the WC as our 'shop window'. Any player that does put themselves in said window we are going to be well down the financial pecking order for.

Look at where we have been buying our players from - Mid/lower league French sides, Championship, other team's academies (where they willing let them go) etc. Andersen was a good get.

I would imagine our transfer activity will be, and be better for, finding relatively unknown gems as opposed to flavours of months where we are like the proverbial males on Xmas eve trying to get presents last minute and willingly overpaying if one is available.

We bought him after he had been relegated with Fulham, where he was on loan from Lyon.

Edited by Willo (01 Dec 2022 4.07pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 01 Dec 22 4.14pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

We bought him after he had been relegated with Fulham, where he was on loan from Lyon.

Edited by Willo (01 Dec 2022 4.07pm)

I was well aware of this Willo!

A full Danish int'l, apparently he did quite well for Fulham (not that I was aware) and Lyon are hardly minnows, that would be my consideration for 'a good get' - he is seemingly admired by quite a few external to our club.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 01 Dec 22 4.26pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

I was well aware of this Willo!

A full Danish int'l, apparently he did quite well for Fulham (not that I was aware) and Lyon are hardly minnows, that would be my consideration for 'a good get' - he is seemingly admired by quite a few external to our club.

The essence of my comment was that Lyon were happy to loan Andersen out to Fulham, with an option to buy, and we signed him on the back of a relegation at Fulham so we were not in some major competition with bigger clubs for his signature.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 01 Dec 22 7.42pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

The essence of my comment was that Lyon were happy to loan Andersen out to Fulham, with an option to buy, and we signed him on the back of a relegation at Fulham so we were not in some major competition with bigger clubs for his signature.

Olympique Lyonnais, commonly referred to as simply Lyon or OL, is a men and women's French professional football club based in Lyon in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. The men play in France's highest football division, Ligue 1. Founded in 1950, the club won its first Ligue 1 championship in 2002, starting a national record-setting streak of seven successive titles. Lyon has also won eight Trophées des Champions, five Coupes de France, and three Ligue 2 titles

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View theorist's Profile theorist 01 Dec 22 9.15pm Send a Private Message to theorist Add theorist as a friend

And in order for Textor's OL purchase to complete, we will have a shareholder rearrangement at CPFC2010.

"The sale depends on the Premier League’s approval of the transfer of his shares in Palace to his holding company Eagle Football LLC. That would bring together his shares in the Eagles as well as Botafogo and Molenbeek."
[Link]

"The EPL has been in talks with Eagle Football about Conte and the other new shareholders, who will become de facto investors in Crystal Palace, a person familiar with the matter said, asking to not be identified discussing confidential information."
[Link]
Welcome to speculative finance in sport.

Up and down the City Road
In and out The Eagle
That's the way the money goes
Pop! Goes the weasel

Edited by theorist (01 Dec 2022 10.29pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View daven's Profile daven Flag 01 Dec 22 9.25pm Send a Private Message to daven Add daven as a friend

I liked the Qatar number 11 I think, looked and played like Mo Salah

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 02 Dec 22 9.17am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by daven

I liked the Qatar number 11 I think, looked and played like Mo Salah

The No 11 is Akram Afif who plaies his trade for Al-Sadd in Doha.
He has played in Europe, in Spain and Belgium.

The player who caught my eye yesterday was winger Jeremy Doku who entered the fray for Belgium for the bench.He is currently on the books of Rennes.

Edited by Willo (02 Dec 2022 9.19am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Dec 22 2.43pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

The No 11 is Akram Afif who plaies his trade for Al-Sadd in Doha.
He has played in Europe, in Spain and Belgium.

The player who caught my eye yesterday was winger Jeremy Doku who entered the fray for Belgium for the bench.He is currently on the books of Rennes.

Edited by Willo (02 Dec 2022 9.19am)

Speed merchant who has had a lot of injuries. Young, a bit inconsistent, but a real Palace type of player, raw like Zaha was. However, believe his last transfer was over 20 mil and recently enough. Liverpool are scouting apparently.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Dec 22 2.44pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Olympique Lyonnais, commonly referred to as simply Lyon or OL, is a men and women's French professional football club based in Lyon in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. The men play in France's highest football division, Ligue 1. Founded in 1950, the club won its first Ligue 1 championship in 2002, starting a national record-setting streak of seven successive titles. Lyon has also won eight Trophées des Champions, five Coupes de France, and three Ligue 2 titles

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 04 Dec 22 9.32am Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

It'll be interesting to see how Iliman Ndiaye does against England today. Having a good season at Sheff United (has filled the void left by Gibbs-White) and now featuring in the World Cup just a few seasons after non-league football.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > World Cup Gems