You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leaving early
October 1 2023 4.55pm

Leaving early

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 3 << First< 1 2 3

 

View imashed's Profile imashed Flag surrey 07 Apr 23 6.21pm Send a Private Message to imashed Add imashed as a friend

West ham at home I think we was 0-2 at half time and 2nd half we got one back but lef5 before the end. Then just as I stepped on the pavement Wilf equalised and ran back in . It could of been 3-3 a few years back.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 07 Apr 23 7.42pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

I learnt my lesson when I attended my first ever professional football game as a young teenager in the early 1960s before I was a Palace fan (family in the Army - lots of moving around). I was staying at my grandparents in North Derbyshire and went on a local fan coach to watch Sheffield Wed at home to Leicester. Leicester were winning 1-0 when I left in the 88th minute to try and make sure I'd not miss the coach back. I heard the home crowd roars for the equaliser as I exited the ground. To add insult to injury, I never did find where the coach was supposed to be and had to make my way home on several buses.

I've NEVER left a game early since!

PS And boy have I stayed to see some dross!

Edited by doombear (07 Apr 2023 7.43pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 07 Apr 23 7.53pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

The only time I can recall leaving early of my own volition was quite recently at the Sunderland game, yeah, that one!

Brother often does as heís a very busy man, Iím not however so am inclined to stay to the end.

Needless to say a few familiar faces left early at the Leicester match and were the subject of amusement afterwards. I used to be very critical however try not to assume anything of others these days when they do go. I have my opinions but I keep them to myself and laugh them off.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 07 Apr 23 10.26pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

4 lads near me left after 3 minutes of injury time last week. Missed the goal and the amazing old Selhurst atmosphere at full time to save 1 minute. I get if you are 2 or 3 down although I donít even then; but at 1-1 anything can and evidently did happen. Thoughts?

about 50% of games are tied or within one goal before the last kick of the game

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 07 Apr 23 11.27pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

The only time I can recall leaving early of my own volition was quite recently at the Sunderland game, yeah, that one!

Brother often does as heís a very busy man, Iím not however so am inclined to stay to the end.

Needless to say a few familiar faces left early at the Leicester match and were the subject of amusement afterwards. I used to be very critical however try not to assume anything of others these days when they do go. I have my opinions but I keep them to myself and laugh them off.

Remember the Sunderland game very well and how the ground was half empty before the ref blew for half time.

I've always been keen to watch the dynamics when things are going badly and remember losing to Southampton 3-1 boxing day 2014. None of the players leaving the pitch would look at Warnock as he went to shake their hands. It was clear he was gone.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 08 Apr 23 9.01am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Must be bonkers to have left that Leicester game early given the way the match was going and the importance of the fixture.

I think leaving a couple of mins early if youíre two goals down is just about acceptable.

I remember leaving Millwall away in about the 65th minute when we were 2-0 down and hungover on New Years Day. It was the most gutless performance Iíd ever seen. Shortly after I left I heard the 3rd go in (Puncheon hatrick) and Palace fans were flooding out.

Burley was sacked after the game. Why a crap a manger he was.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag Sussex, ex-Cronx. 08 Apr 23 11.26am Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Must be bonkers to have left that Leicester game early given the way the match was going and the importance of the fixture.

I think leaving a couple of mins early if youíre two goals down is just about acceptable.

I remember leaving Millwall away in about the 65th minute when we were 2-0 down and hungover on New Years Day. It was the most gutless performance Iíd ever seen. Shortly after I left I heard the 3rd go in (Puncheon hatrick) and Palace fans were flooding out.

Burley was sacked after the game. Why a crap a manger he was.

one of the worst.
A lot of stories about him enjoying a beverage (supposedly)

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 08 Apr 23 3.49pm Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

What a weird thread.

Iíve left early loads of times especially when games were really s*** under Hodgson, Burley and Francis. Itís my money and if I want to fvck off early cos itís jarring me to watch I fooking will.

Perhaps Parish should handout red and blue rosettes at the end of season to all the fans that stayed to the final whistle no matter how s*** it been.

Edited by HesHereHesThere (08 Apr 2023 5.25pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 17 Apr 23 7.30pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by HesHereHesThere

What a weird thread.

Iíve left early loads of times especially when games were really s*** under Hodgson, Burley and Francis. Itís my money and if I want to fvck off early cos itís jarring me to watch I fooking will.

Perhaps Parish should handout red and blue rosettes at the end of season to all the fans that stayed to the final whistle no matter how s*** it been.

Edited by HesHereHesThere (08 Apr 2023 5.25pm)



If you stayed beyond the end of every game for a whole season you should be awarded a campaign medal. Some winners of Victoria Crosses have probably endured less pain.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 17 Apr 23 7.36pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


In the Kilmarnock Celtic game yesterday people were leaving after 20 minutes. They were 3 down at the time and Celtic had just got a penalty. They missed it then scored a couple of minutes later anyway.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dixie Eagle's Profile Dixie Eagle Flag Chatham 17 Apr 23 7.37pm Send a Private Message to Dixie Eagle Add Dixie Eagle as a friend

I've only done it twice:

- Leicester play off final 1996. Only slightly early after Claridge's 120th minute goal. I was so sick I couldn't bear to watch the ko.
- 5-0 away at Derby about 12 years ago. I manged to get in the local pub in Chatham at 7.20pm which was good going.

Edited by Dixie Eagle (18 Apr 2023 8.23am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag 17 Apr 23 8.40pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Ive remembered one I did leave early, in fact it was half time, home to Millwall, not because I bottled it (honestly) but about 20 years ago when my daughter was little, I had to take her and her cousin to see Barney the purple dinosaur at Wembley arena

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 3 << First< 1 2 3

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leaving early