June 7 2011
We pick out the top 10 highlights from another eventful Crystal Palace season.
10. Beating Leicester on the first game of the season with an excellent first half performance and Wilfried Zaha scoring.
9. He may not have been a major success at Palace but seeing football icon Edgar Davids wear a Crystal Palace shirt was something else.
8. On-loan Everton striker James Vaughan scoring a hat-trick against Portsmouth on his Palace home debut.
7. The sexy Crystals who have added a bit of glitz, glamour and fun to matchdays.
6. George Burley's deserved sacking after the embarrassing away defeat to local rivals Millwall.
5. The subsequent appointment of club legend Dougie Freedman as Palace manager.
4. Freedman celebrating his first match as caretaker boss with a priceless three points at home to Preston with Steffen Iversen scoring on his debut.
3. Darren Ambrose's wonder goal in the victory at home to relegation rivals Sheffield United.
2. The win over Leeds with the elation at the full-time whistle after the team had all but secured their Championship status.
1. The late equaliser from Academy star Ibra Sekajja away to Hull that gave Palace the vital point needed to guarantee safety.
In Depth Crystal Palace Top 10s
Email the HOL editor with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post this story to:
Palace clothing for sale at 9.49pm by gegne78
Another sad episode in the Bostock saga at 9.48pm by TheEagleOfSteel
Another sad episode in the Bostock saga at 9.48pm by nobby
Take A Break Watch This! So True at 9.46pm by palacenirvana
Another sad episode in the Bostock saga at 9.46pm by aquickgame2
All images and text on this site are copyright © 1999-2012 The Holmesdale Online, unless otherwise stated.
Web Design by Guntrisoft Ltd.