You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn
December 2 2020 5.31am

Jeremy Corbyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 456 of 460 < 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 >

 

View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 18 Nov 20 11.48am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

What would be the logic of that?

He was voted in by his constituents at the General Election but Starmer is preventing him acting as their MP.

So he is not really re-instated at all.


Starmer has really landed himself in the worst of all possible political worlds with this farce. Suspending him in the first place was a risky move but now?

Corbyn is far enough inside the tent to mean he cannot piss in it but neither can he aim out.

Makes Starmers leadership seem very very weak.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 18 Nov 20 11.56am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

At least the ex Corbyn fans whop changed to Greens can put all the anti semitic endorsing behind them to feel clean.

Anyone who voted in the 2017 election to try and put Corbyn in power is culpable to a degree in the anti semitic blame game, even if unaware.

Other parties all have their issues but none have had the condemnation of the EHRC apart from I think the BNP.

Ex Labour supporters who have gone Green is the equivalent off all the Germans who claimed to have only fought on the Eastern Front once the war was over.

I am not suggesting Steeleye is anti semitic personally, I don't know him and like that we can disagree on here without it getting personal a la BBS. Entirely unrelated other than the name I sae Steeleye Span live in the late 70's and they were excellent

But it wouldn't hurt for ex Corbyn supporters to put voice to their acceptance of the EHRC report in full

Edited by HKOwen (18 Nov 2020 11.57am)

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Online Flag hove actually 18 Nov 20 12.02pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Starmer has really landed himself in the worst of all possible political worlds with this farce. Suspending him in the first place was a risky move but now?

Corbyn is far enough inside the tent to mean he cannot piss in it but neither can he aim out.

Makes Starmers leadership seem very very weak.

He has some cojones in my view.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Nov 20 12.13pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

I'm just finding the whole situation funny.

The obsession with antisemitism, the division, the utter stupidity of the Left.

Brilliant.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View serial thriller's Profile serial thriller Flag The Promised Land 18 Nov 20 10.16pm Send a Private Message to serial thriller Add serial thriller as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

At least the ex Corbyn fans whop changed to Greens can put all the anti semitic endorsing behind them to feel clean.

Anyone who voted in the 2017 election to try and put Corbyn in power is culpable to a degree in the anti semitic blame game, even if unaware.

Other parties all have their issues but none have had the condemnation of the EHRC apart from I think the BNP.

Ex Labour supporters who have gone Green is the equivalent off all the Germans who claimed to have only fought on the Eastern Front once the war was over.

I am not suggesting Steeleye is anti semitic personally, I don't know him and like that we can disagree on here without it getting personal a la BBS. Entirely unrelated other than the name I sae Steeleye Span live in the late 70's and they were excellent

But it wouldn't hurt for ex Corbyn supporters to put voice to their acceptance of the EHRC report in full

Edited by HKOwen (18 Nov 2020 11.57am)

I think many have tbf. The EHRC advised against political interference in disciplinary cases, which is why today is such a farce, as it blatantly goes against what they reminded.

The EHRC also concluded that Labour wasn't institutionally anti-semitic. It also suggested that the disciplinary process improved under Karie Murphy, and most interference was to accelerate the removal of certain pro-Corbyn voices.

But to be honest, none of that matters. It was all a red herring, a political football which was going to be kicked in whatever direction you disagreed on. Starmer promised to be a unity leader. The problem is we don't live in times of unity. He's trying to build a big tent over a piece of land when a hurricane is still raging, and now he's getting buffeted from both sides.

The right-wing Jews won't stop until the left is dead. The left won't stop until they are back in charge of the party.

 


If punk ever happened I'd be preaching the law, instead of listenin to Lydon lecture BBC4

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 18 Nov 20 10.34pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

" The Right wing Jews....."

That would appear to be anti semitic .

I really don't understand how the Corbynista faction refuses to accept the Starmer approach and continues to use anti semitic language and almost dares the new leadership to take action,

Personally I am delighted with anything that divides or further splits the Labour party in it's death throes

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Nov 20 10.44pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

What would be the logic of that?

He was voted in by his constituents at the General Election but Starmer is preventing him acting as their MP.

So he is not really re-instated at all.

Time for coffee and cheesecake and glad I voted green.


Nothing preventing Corbyn from fulfilling his role as an MP Steely. Just loses the opportunity to get regularly whipped phnah phnah

Edited by Mapletree (18 Nov 2020 10.45pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View serial thriller's Profile serial thriller Flag The Promised Land 19 Nov 20 7.09am Send a Private Message to serial thriller Add serial thriller as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

" The Right wing Jews....."

That would appear to be anti semitic .

I really don't understand how the Corbynista faction refuses to accept the Starmer approach and continues to use anti semitic language and almost dares the new leadership to take action,

Personally I am delighted with anything that divides or further splits the Labour party in it's death throes

There are right wing Jews, there are left wing Jews. Don't see why that idea us so controversial?

On the right are the board of deputies, on the left Jewish voices for Labour. On the far left Jewdas, on the far right the Israeli government.

 


If punk ever happened I'd be preaching the law, instead of listenin to Lydon lecture BBC4

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 19 Nov 20 7.35am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Nothing preventing Corbyn from fulfilling his role as an MP Steely. Just loses the opportunity to get regularly whipped phnah phnah

Edited by Mapletree (18 Nov 2020 10.45pm)


And lets be honest, when he was a back bench MP he ignored the Whips office on a regular basis.

Issue for Starmer is this. Is Corbyn content to be a very, very quiet independent MP or a very, very, loud one? Either way he represents a constant thorn in Starmers side now.

From what I can make out Starmer would have known the suspension was being lifted, with all expecations of Corbyn once again sitting as a Labour MP. But then he saw the early media reaction and essentially went into a panic and created this s*** storm.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Nov 20 8.39am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by serial thriller

I think many have tbf. The EHRC advised against political interference in disciplinary cases, which is why today is such a farce, as it blatantly goes against what they reminded.

The EHRC also concluded that Labour wasn't institutionally anti-semitic. It also suggested that the disciplinary process improved under Karie Murphy, and most interference was to accelerate the removal of certain pro-Corbyn voices.

But to be honest, none of that matters. It was all a red herring, a political football which was going to be kicked in whatever direction you disagreed on. Starmer promised to be a unity leader. The problem is we don't live in times of unity. He's trying to build a big tent over a piece of land when a hurricane is still raging, and now he's getting buffeted from both sides.

The right-wing Jews won't stop until the left is dead. The left won't stop until they are back in charge of the party.

Of course it does because Labour has not yet set up the new independent panel the EHCR recommended. You can't get more political than the NEC.

Starmer has said this will happen early next year. It's why I think he will leave Corbyn alone until then because any move for or against against Corbyn by any group will be seen as political and biased.

I suspect it wasn't Starmer's intention to suspend Corbyn just yet I think he would have preferred to have the new independent process in place before he put the knife in. But Corbyn's response to the report needed a response from Labour and then the NEC which probably has a few of Corbyn's allies on gets involved.

You fight the battles you can win. Starmer wants Corbyn out of the Labour party and the best way to do that (PR I mean) is to have an independent panel put the boot in, there is plenty of rope to hang Corbyn by.

Edited by Badger11 (19 Nov 2020 8.44am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 Nov 20 8.40am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

What would be the logic of that?

He was voted in by his constituents at the General Election but Starmer is preventing him acting as their MP.

So he is not really re-instated at all.

Time for coffee and cheesecake and glad I voted green.


Atm he can be an independent in the HOC.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 Nov 20 8.43am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

He has some cojones in my view.

Maybe corbyn upset starmer in his early years and was always in his cross hairs. Pay backs a bitch.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 456 of 460 < 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn