You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > James McCarthy (suggestion)
June 27 2022 12.08am

James McCarthy (suggestion)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 8 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 04 Sep 16 11.42am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Bullhorn76

Interesting piece this ......McCARTHY OVER SISSOKO’

Everton owner Farhad Moshiri has claimed the club withdrew from a deal to sign Moussa Sissoko out of loyalty to Toffees midfielder James McCarthy.

"[Moussa] Sissoko is a great player. But when I bought into Everton, I made it clear I was proud to join a family," a statement from Moshiri read.

"And we don't turn our backs on our own. Keeping James McCarthy was a priority and ultimately we could not proceed with a deal that would jeopardize his place at Everton.

"We wish Sissoko the best."

What a load of rubbish. If Everton wanted to show the loyalty to McCarthy that they are now claiming they wouldn't have made the bid for Sissoko in the first place

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 04 Sep 16 1.25pm Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

What a load of rubbish. If Everton wanted to show the loyalty to McCarthy that they are now claiming they wouldn't have made the bid for Sissoko in the first place

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Flash Flag Lampeter 04 Sep 16 1.49pm

Sissoko's gloating about the way his transfer happened doesn't endear him to me and neither I suspect to McCarthy. I'll be interested to see the prematch handshake when McCarthy next faces Spurs whether for Everton or us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
Flash Flag Lampeter 04 Sep 16 2.03pm

Originally posted by Flash

Sissoko's gloating about the way his transfer happened doesn't endear him to me and neither I suspect to McCarthy. I'll be interested to see the prematch handshake when McCarthy next faces Spurs whether for Everton or us.

Would be either 4th or 11th March according to fixture list.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goldfiinger's Profile Goldfiinger Flag Just down the road 08 Sep 16 8.39pm Send a Private Message to Goldfiinger Add Goldfiinger as a friend

[Link]

Injured and out for three weeks.

Just goes to show its not only palace players that get injured.

Imagine the uproar that would have been made had we signed him and then this happened....

No doubt someone will be along to blame his injury on Pardew, his training methods and our medical team.

Edited by Goldfiinger (08 Sep 2016 8.43pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 09 Sep 16 7.12am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Goldfiinger

No doubt someone will be along to blame his injury on Pardew, his training methods and our medical team.

We managed to get to six pages before someone came along to try and trash the thread. Well done

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 09 Sep 16 1.04pm Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

We managed to get to six pages before someone came along to try and trash the thread. Well done

But plenty of room in the Remy thread!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Flash Flag Lampeter 10 Sep 16 11.30pm

Have I misunderstood something here?
Goldfinger wasn't trashing the thread as I saw it. Just being ironic about the reaction AP would have received from his regular critics had we signed him and then suffered the injury news.
I think we knew he'd got an injury anyway.
And I think from, previous posts I've read, that Midlands Eagle, like me, is someone who just wants to give AP a fair chance. Unless I'm mistaken, the three of us have much in common.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View laddo's Profile laddo Flag london 13 Jan 17 8.04pm Send a Private Message to laddo Add laddo as a friend

Wonder if this is back on now. I know for a fact Big Sam is a fan. West Brom have made enquiries.

 


laddo

"People say, live fast, die young. I say live fast, die old. That's me, the non-conformist".
David Brent.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Reynolds1986's Profile Reynolds1986 Flag Braintree 14 Jan 17 10.00am Send a Private Message to Reynolds1986 Add Reynolds1986 as a friend

Was just thinking the same. Now Everton have schneiderlin and gana it seems McCarthy is surplus, with his previous great relationship with jimmy mac I think those two would be good together with either punch or cabaye as the att mid.

The only concern with McCarthy is the injury history but it's not stopped us getting remy. I'd say try a loan till the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 14 Jan 17 11.20am Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by Reynolds1986

Was just thinking the same. Now Everton have schneiderlin and gana it seems McCarthy is surplus, with his previous great relationship with jimmy mac I think those two would be good together with either punch or cabaye as the att mid.

The only concern with McCarthy is the injury history but it's not stopped us getting remy. I'd say try a loan till the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

There seem to be rumours around now about Livermoore from Hull coming in as DM? This guy can also play CB apparently so the flexibility might appeal to BFS? Cant see why Hull would flog him to a relegation rival though

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Reynolds1986's Profile Reynolds1986 Flag Braintree 14 Jan 17 11.33am Send a Private Message to Reynolds1986 Add Reynolds1986 as a friend

That's a good point, if we're not going to buy players to improve the starting 11 then get good utility players for the bench. The only thing that worries me is his coke habit haha.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 8 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > James McCarthy (suggestion)