You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Graeme Souness disrespectful comments about Palace
December 7 2022 12.13am

Graeme Souness disrespectful comments about Palace

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View We are goin up!'s Profile We are goin up! Flag Coulsdon 22 Feb 17 1.56pm Send a Private Message to We are goin up! Add We are goin up! as a friend

Good pundit.

 


The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent/Made in Bromley 22 Feb 17 2.34pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

one of football's proper hard men back in the day,quite frankly he can say what he wants, I wouldn't be arguing with him!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 22 Feb 17 4.36pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Chelsea only had two fit players due to a flu virus but because those two players were Costa and Hazard and they were playing us they decided to still play the game. "We should be able to take care of this lot, they have been total crap for a year" they both said. 10 minutes into the game Hazard puts Chelsea 1-0 up but breaks his leg while scoring. As he leaves for the Hospital he asks Costa to ring him to tell him the result. Costa rings him. "How did it go Diego?" asks Hazard. "We drew 1-1". What! you couldn't beat a rubbish team like Palace even on your own. What happened?". Costa "I got sent off in the 46th minute.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 22 Feb 17 4.39pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

Chelsea only had two fit players due to a flu virus but because those two players were Costa and Hazard and they were playing us they decided to still play the game. "We should be able to take care of this lot, they have been total crap for a year" they both said. 10 minutes into the game Hazard puts Chelsea 1-0 up but breaks his leg while scoring. As he leaves for the Hospital he asks Costa to ring him to tell him the result. Costa rings him. "How did it go Diego?" asks Hazard. "We drew 1-1". What! you couldn't beat a rubbish team like Palace even on your own. What happened?". Costa "I got sent off in the 46th minute.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 22 Feb 17 5.26pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Souness is the ultimate elitist pundit. Always favours the bigger club. Drools over the top 4/5 teams, sneers at the rest. Unless of course he is commenting on Palace vs say Wycombe Wanderers. Then he'll drool over us (but make it clear we're not as good as a top 5 club) while sneering at WW.
He's a prat, no idea why Sky sports rate him.
I used to know someone who used to drive him to the games. He got picked up from his home in Sandbanks near Bournemouth, driven to Old Trafford or wherever and then back to his door again afterward. All part of his contract with Sky. But he was said to be the only one who thought it was beneath him to talk to the driver. Often not getting home till 3/4am and the driver still had to then himself driver 100 miles home! He once asked if he could borrow a drivers newspaper (even though there are 3/4 complimentary ones waiting for him in the back seats) and never gave it back!Was often rude, arrogant and also never tipped any driver at Christmas. The only pundit not to do this.
Whereas Rednapp, Carragher would often sit up front with the driver. Get them to stop for food and buy the driver a meal. I know people aren't keen on Garry Neville but he invites All the drivers to parties and dos he has throughout the year. Even those that have only driven him once.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 22 Feb 17 6.15pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

Souness is the ultimate elitist pundit. Always favours the bigger club. Drools over the top 4/5 teams, sneers at the rest. Unless of course he is commenting on Palace vs say Wycombe Wanderers. Then he'll drool over us (but make it clear we're not as good as a top 5 club) while sneering at WW.
He's a prat, no idea why Sky sports rate him.
I used to know someone who used to drive him to the games. He got picked up from his home in Sandbanks near Bournemouth, driven to Old Trafford or wherever and then back to his door again afterward. All part of his contract with Sky. But he was said to be the only one who thought it was beneath him to talk to the driver. Often not getting home till 3/4am and the driver still had to then himself driver 100 miles home! He once asked if he could borrow a drivers newspaper (even though there are 3/4 complimentary ones waiting for him in the back seats) and never gave it back!Was often rude, arrogant and also never tipped any driver at Christmas. The only pundit not to do this.
Whereas Rednapp, Carragher would often sit up front with the driver. Get them to stop for food and buy the driver a meal. I know people aren't keen on Garry Neville but he invites All the drivers to parties and dos he has throughout the year. Even those that have only driven him once.

I totally disagree with all this "Drool" and "Sneer" business.

If he is being complimentary about a so called "Big" club it is because they have played well and deserving of it, but rest assured I have also heard him being critical of the "Big" clubs when they haven't performed to their usual standard.

At the end of the day he gives his honest opinions and I find them very insightful and interesting.Certainly not bland like some other pundits.In my eyes he is an excellent pundit and very engaging listening.

Edited by Willo (22 Feb 2017 6.17pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 22 Feb 17 6.25pm

Originally posted by Willo

I totally disagree with all this "Drool" and "Sneer" business.

If he is being complimentary about a so called "Big" club it is because they have played well and deserving of it, but rest assured I have also heard him being critical of the "Big" clubs when they haven't performed to their usual standard.

At the end of the day he gives his honest opinions and I find them very insightful and interesting.Certainly not bland like some other pundits.In my eyes he is an excellent pundit and very engaging listening.

Edited by Willo (22 Feb 2017 6.17pm)

You love a bad boy Willo.

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 22 Feb 17 6.29pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Brentmiester_General

You love a bad boy Willo.

Just giving you my honest opinion that's all.

With certain pundits I don't bother listening to their half-time and full-time analysis but when Souness is on TV in this capacity I just have to listen to what he says.Find him enlightning,interesting and insightful.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 23 Feb 17 6.00pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

enough, You clearly like the bloke. I don't. Plus I know what he's like behind the scenes. Not a nice guy trust me. Or don't, I don't really care.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 23 Feb 17 6.10pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

enough, You clearly like the bloke. I don't. Plus I know what he's like behind the scenes. Not a nice guy trust me. Or don't, I don't really care.

I'm judging Souness as a pundit, I don't know what he is like "Behind the scenes".

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag Sussex, ex-Cronx. 23 Feb 17 6.37pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

If it was to poke fun at him or revelling in the fact that he suffered a 'Heart attack' this is totally and utterly disgusting and reprehensible.

surely you remember it willo?
it was a common jibe at the time.
was a long time ago though, wether right or wrong.
along the lines of 'who's up Mary brown...tommy tommy docherty' for bad taste.
it may well have been 90's(whenever he was managing the scouse)
No need to get upset just a bit of old history
(our fans are not always angels)

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 23 Feb 17 6.48pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by kingdowieonthewall

surely you remember it willo?
it was a common jibe at the time.
was a long time ago though, wether right or wrong.
along the lines of 'who's up Mary brown...tommy tommy docherty' for bad taste.
it may well have been 90's(whenever he was managing the scouse)
No need to get upset just a bit of old history
(our fans are not always angels)

Well it was totally wrong - distasteful and reprehensible.

My wife has suffered a 'Heart attack' and it was very traumatic for all of us.

Edited by Willo (23 Feb 2017 6.49pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Graeme Souness disrespectful comments about Palace