You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > The budget 40m - Who do you buy ?
December 10 2023 4.44pm

The budget 40m - Who do you buy ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View CPFC/SCCC's Profile CPFC/SCCC Flag Sutton 01 Jul 17 11.33am Send a Private Message to CPFC/SCCC Add CPFC/SCCC as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Kirschoff was an Allardyce purchase at Sunderland for 1 Mill from Bayern Munich.Only made a handful of appearances for them last season.Not enthusiastic about this suggestion !

You never are lol. We need a cheap replacement to replace Ledley or flamini role. That happy to accept that they will play 18 to 20 games a season.

 


Andy Johnson Magic, He wears a Magic Hat
When he Sees the match ball, he says he having that
He scores one with left foot, he scores one with his right
And When his playing Brighton, He scores all f***ING Night!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Jul 17 11.33am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC/SCCC

Sakho deals over
[Link]

[Link]

Liverpool Offside say our manager is Robald De Boer. Frank been sacked and replaced overnight?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CPFC/SCCC's Profile CPFC/SCCC Flag Sutton 01 Jul 17 11.36am Send a Private Message to CPFC/SCCC Add CPFC/SCCC as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Liverpool Offside say our manager is Robald De Boer. Frank been sacked and replaced overnight?

I think it's well documented that we can't afford Sakho. Unless a loan can be made it's over.

 


Andy Johnson Magic, He wears a Magic Hat
When he Sees the match ball, he says he having that
He scores one with left foot, he scores one with his right
And When his playing Brighton, He scores all f***ING Night!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CPFC/SCCC's Profile CPFC/SCCC Flag Sutton 01 Jul 17 11.41am Send a Private Message to CPFC/SCCC Add CPFC/SCCC as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Kirschoff was an Allardyce purchase at Sunderland for 1 Mill from Bayern Munich.Only made a handful of appearances for them last season.Not enthusiastic about this suggestion !

Suppose many fans weren't running around excited with flamini. It's a squad game. The main areas to strengthen in the starting 11, is a number 10. Left sided centre back if possible and right back. Also a gk if one leaves. That would still need us leaving cover for Luka and Benteke. Which would be two low risk signings.

 


Andy Johnson Magic, He wears a Magic Hat
When he Sees the match ball, he says he having that
He scores one with left foot, he scores one with his right
And When his playing Brighton, He scores all f***ING Night!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Jul 17 11.54am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC/SCCC

I think it's well documented that we can't afford Sakho. Unless a loan can be made it's over.

Didn't say that. Just highlighting their error/ignorance.

FWIW I didn't want us to waste our time on Sakho when we need a handful of players in both the next 2 Summer windows and after spending so much time on Benteke to then realise we needed players elsewhere, or just chance it. Wilshere instead of Rincon and then Flamini instead. No left back. Very little realisation we'd signed a player used to playing, and probably thought he was going to play on Wilf's wing, after Yala left.

Only in some circumstances are we in the position to stick to specific targets.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Jul 17 11.56am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC/SCCC

Suppose many fans weren't running around excited with flamini. It's a squad game. The main areas to strengthen in the starting 11, is a number 10. Left sided centre back if possible and right back. Also a gk if one leaves. That would still need us leaving cover for Luka and Benteke. Which would be two low risk signings.

Ending up with Flamini was a c0ck up, make no mistake about that. He was never a target. It happened due to p1ss poor direction. Hopefully that kind of amateurism has gone.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pdemeagle's Profile pdemeagle Flag eaglebhoy - @eaglism - Cottage in ... 01 Jul 17 4.59pm Send a Private Message to pdemeagle Add pdemeagle as a friend

Originally posted by esox lucius

I would like to see FDB go back to Ajax and get their centre back Davinson Sanchez. I thought he was outstanding in the Europa final against Moan Utd. Got no idea how much he would cost, even if we could.

Interesting to look at the Ajax team. The whole squad with a few exceptions is made up of players under 22 years of age. If this is the legacy FDB has left behind then the future for our academy looks very bright.

Don't want to burst your bubble but that can't all be laid at FDBs door, Ajax as a club are famous for this being their philosophy for decades now, they take in youth talent, coach them and, more impressively, educate them in case they don't cut it as footballers, then make top teams out of them before selling on their best for profit.

As a prime example look up the Ajax team that won the Champions League in 1995 with FDB on it and you'll see a number of top players in their youth on it before going on to become household names, Seedorf, Davids, Overmars, Kluivert to name a few.

 


Nice one Daz: [Link]

CPFC 2010 - Stable and Realistic Owners at last ! Roll on Premier League Season 2013/2014 ! Great to be back at last !

PSN = eaglist

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goldfiinger's Profile Goldfiinger Flag Just down the road 01 Jul 17 7.12pm Send a Private Message to Goldfiinger Add Goldfiinger as a friend

Originally posted by pdemeagle

Don't want to burst your bubble but that can't all be laid at FDBs door, Ajax as a club are famous for this being their philosophy for decades now, they take in youth talent, coach them and, more impressively, educate them in case they don't cut it as footballers, then make top teams out of them before selling on their best for profit.

As a prime example look up the Ajax team that won the Champions League in 1995 with FDB on it and you'll see a number of top players in their youth on it before going on to become household names, Seedorf, Davids, Overmars, Kluivert to name a few.

Yes but a lot can be laid at his door.

Ajax hadn't won the title in six years before or two years FdB.

He spent two years heading there academy and then five years as first team manager. Winning four titles in five years. As said above first title in six years followed by three more. Since he's left they've not won the title....

Think he gets some credit for that and for those players from the academy he spent two years with before bringing through.

To say well it's Ajax and that's what they do, isn't painting the full picture...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
GladAllOver27 Flag 02 Jul 17 8.26am

The dream:-

Tete - 3m - Rb
Veltman- 7 m- cb
krychowiak- 10m-cdm
Kagawa (11m) /ziyech - 12.75m- attacking mid
Promes - striker and winger - 17m
A. Kone - (as 4th choice striker) - free

Sell mcarthur(8-12m), mutch (if someone wants him) , Sako (to derby 2.5m)


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View aashman12's Profile aashman12 Flag 02 Jul 17 8.34am Send a Private Message to aashman12 Add aashman12 as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC/SCCC

If the budget was 40m. Who would you buy?
With Sakho deal all but dead. I think this is where the risk lies. We've got a good 11 but in terms in strength in depth. We've lacking massively. If I was the manager this is where I'd prefer players that majority have experience, to those who don't.

Would love us to sign these 5 players

Tete (3-4m)
Chambers ( initial 14m rising to 20m) or Zouma (loan)
Ziyech. ( 16m)
Kirchhoff (free transfer)
Ings (it's a risk with his injury record but at 6m)


That what I would do. What about you ?

Edited by CPFC/SCCC (01 Jul 2017 8.47am)

Kirchoff has a terrible injury record. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DutchEagleJohan's Profile DutchEagleJohan Flag Vlissingen, Netherlands 02 Jul 17 9.39am Send a Private Message to DutchEagleJohan Add DutchEagleJohan as a friend

He is younger then Sakho but will be a similar fee apart from the fact that it is very unlikely he wants to come to a Premier League struggler/mid table team. And if you think only FdB can implement a decent youth system I think your judgment is failing you. It's mainly culture and goes back decades. Unless younger home grown players are going to come through playing in the first team there is very little hope. With the fees asked for British (based) players we may well see a full foreign team soon and is that what we want? A lot of people say it's all about results but I beg to differ. Being a fan and going to games is all about the connection between fan and club.

Originally posted by esox lucius

I would like to see FDB go back to Ajax and get their centre back Davinson Sanchez. I thought he was outstanding in the Europa final against Moan Utd. Got no idea how much he would cost, even if we could.

Interesting to look at the Ajax team. The whole squad with a few exceptions is made up of players under 22 years of age. If this is the legacy FDB has left behind then the future for our academy looks very bright.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
GladAllOver27 Flag 02 Jul 17 9.45am

Dutcheaglejohan

Do you think Quincy Promes can replicate a similar amount of goals if he joined a prem side? How he rated amongst the Dutch squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > The budget 40m - Who do you buy ?