You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Goalie & Captain
August 18 2017 11.45am

Goalie & Captain

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Palace Talk is sponsored by

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View MikeCrete's Profile MikeCrete Flag Cheam 12 Aug 17 3.37pm Send a Private Message to MikeCrete Add MikeCrete as a friend


Get rid of Hennessy & Pubcheon now; if we don't we will seriously struggle

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View zoose's Profile zoose Flag London 12 Aug 17 4.13pm Send a Private Message to zoose Add zoose as a friend

Originally posted by MikeCrete


Get rid of Hennessy & Pubcheon now; if we don't we will seriously struggle

Too right. Pubcheon looks legless.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View susmik's Profile susmik Flag PLYMOUTH -But Made in Old Coulsdon... 12 Aug 17 4.45pm Send a Private Message to susmik Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add susmik as a friend

Originally posted by zoose

Too right. Pubcheon looks legless.

We certainly need a change in goal that's for sure.
There is NO excuse for letting THREE goals in today but the Wayne fans will think of something I am sure to get him off the hook as they always do.

 


Supported Palace for over 67 years since the age of 7 and have seen all the ups and downs and will probably see many more ups and downs before I go up to the big football club in the sky.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagles911's Profile eagles911 Flag 12 Aug 17 5.02pm Send a Private Message to eagles911 Add eagles911 as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

We certainly need a change in goal that's for sure.
There is NO excuse for letting THREE goals in today but the Wayne fans will think of something I am sure to get him off the hook as they always do.

So are you saying he was at fault for the goals. Don't get me wrong I know we need a new keeper but don't blame him for every goal we concede. First goal blame Ward. Second goal blame Riedewald. And third goal Tompkins (although he had just come on) we simply don't have the players to play that system. Puncheon and Ward need dropping and Loftus cheek was superb today on and off the ball.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 12 Aug 17 5.07pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

We certainly need a change in goal that's for sure.
There is NO excuse for letting THREE goals in today but the Wayne fans will think of something I am sure to get him off the hook as they always do.

That's not where the issue is!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MKCPFC's Profile MKCPFC Flag Spain/MK 12 Aug 17 5.20pm Send a Private Message to MKCPFC Add MKCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by eagles911

So are you saying he was at fault for the goals. Don't get me wrong I know we need a new keeper but don't blame him for every goal we concede. First goal blame Ward. Second goal blame Riedewald. And third goal Tompkins (although he had just come on) we simply don't have the players to play that system. Puncheon and Ward need dropping and Loftus cheek was superb today on and off the ball.

First goal wasn't it from a corner and Riedewald just let the guy get in front of him for an easy near post flick on ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Salford eagle's Profile Salford eagle Flag 12 Aug 17 6.22pm Send a Private Message to Salford eagle Add Salford eagle as a friend

WH wasn't at fault for the goals, but we do need a keeper who has better distribution. One who understands the need to realease the ball quicker. Without the quick release we become too predictable.

Edited by Salford eagle (12 Aug 2017 6.55pm)

 


California sunlight - sweet Calcutta rain - Honolulu starbright - the song remains the same

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnno42000's Profile johnno42000 Flag 12 Aug 17 6.26pm Send a Private Message to johnno42000 Add johnno42000 as a friend

The system will only work if you have players who make themselves available to throw/roll the ball out to. We don't have those types of players. Our players aren't confident with the ball so, when pressurised, misplace a pass, kick it up the field or give it back to WH to kick up field.

WH was not at fault for any of the goals today.

 


'Lies to the masses as are like fly's to mollasses...they want more and more and more'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagles911's Profile eagles911 Flag 12 Aug 17 6.27pm Send a Private Message to eagles911 Add eagles911 as a friend

Originally posted by MKCPFC

First goal wasn't it from a corner and Riedewald just let the guy get in front of him for an easy near post flick on ?

First goal Ward got caught in possession then gave away the corner that led to him scoring the own goal (had no chance with that) but should have cleared the ball quicker. Riedewald didn't challenge from the cross for the second goal. Where abouts in Spain are you?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View peterg's Profile peterg Flag Anerley 12 Aug 17 7.37pm Send a Private Message to peterg Add peterg as a friend

Huddersfield had an excellent keeper who controlled his area and made a stunning save from a Benteke header. Hennessy's positioning was unsure as usual, he didn't control his area and was rooted to the ground for Huddersfield's second goal. I don't understand why Parish and FDB are p*ssing around. We need a keeper who can make world-class saves and we need to splash the cash to get one.
Same as Sako...

 


The right place at the right time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View susmik's Profile susmik Flag PLYMOUTH -But Made in Old Coulsdon... 12 Aug 17 7.53pm Send a Private Message to susmik Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add susmik as a friend

Originally posted by peterg

Huddersfield had an excellent keeper who controlled his area and made a stunning save from a Benteke header. Hennessy's positioning was unsure as usual, he didn't control his area and was rooted to the ground for Huddersfield's second goal. I don't understand why Parish and FDB are p*ssing around. We need a keeper who can make world-class saves and we need to splash the cash to get one.
Same as Sako...

I agree he was his usual self I am afraid and has learnt nothing since last season.

 


Supported Palace for over 67 years since the age of 7 and have seen all the ups and downs and will probably see many more ups and downs before I go up to the big football club in the sky.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 12 Aug 17 9.11pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

I agree he was his usual self I am afraid and has learnt nothing since last season.

Neither have you, just the same old record blaming Hennessey for every goal conceded.

If you really knew anything about goalkeeping you wouldn't keep making those ridiculous comments.

At least there quite a lot of posters here today who could see that Hennessy was not at fault for any goals today.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Goalie & Captain