You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Divock Origi (available?)
May 20 2019 7.57am

Divock Origi (available?)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View mattteo's Profile mattteo Online Flag 07 May 19 10.42pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Told you guys......again.

Got into arguments on this site.....again

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 07 May 19 10.59pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Told you guys......again.

Got into arguments on this site.....again

You recommend so many players, it's only natural that some of them will have good games now and then, no?

How about a full scientific review of all of your 4,000+ recommendations? Then only fair way to judge, surely.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 08 May 19 7.01am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

matteo, didn't you also recommend Oumar Niasse? A player with no goals for Cardiff and who didn't even make their squad against us. Or how about your recommendation we should sell AWB for £20 million as he's easily replaceable? I think you come up with some interesting suggestions, but being Billy big boll*cks every time a player does well is quite grating.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Caterham 08 May 19 7.18am Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Told you guys......again.

Got into arguments on this site.....again


Ermm, and...........?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View glazedallover's Profile glazedallover Flag Allier 08 May 19 9.52am Send a Private Message to glazedallover Add glazedallover as a friend

If you throw enough sh1t at a wall some of it will stick....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Online Flag 08 May 19 12.46pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

matteo, didn't you also recommend Oumar Niasse? A player with no goals for Cardiff and who didn't even make their squad against us.

I did. I really accept this. But, to my defence, he has been in a really poor team.


Originally posted by taylors lovechild Or how about your recommendation we should sell AWB for £20 million as he's easily replaceable? I think you come up with some interesting suggestions, but being Billy big boll*cks every time a player does well is quite grating.

Did I say that? Sell AWB for 20 million? I really don't think I ever said that. I said it would be a good time to sell while he's on top, but not for 20 million.

And yes, I make mistakes, but very few. I also admit the one about Salomon Rondon. he did extremely well this season ans I really voted against him last summer.

But, like the man above said, I made about 400 player discussion. I don't have the time to go through all of them, but if I did, from those 400 players, I was right in 390 cases.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Only 10 a year!!'s Profile Only 10 a year!! Flag 08 May 19 2.06pm Send a Private Message to Only 10 a year!! Add Only 10 a year!! as a friend

Are you claiming to have a 97.5% success rate on player identification/scouting? Using what criteria?

Seriously some of the dross you have mentioned (interspersed by some good stuff) does not back up that statement.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Online Flag 08 May 19 3.28pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by Only 10 a year!!

Are you claiming to have a 97.5% success rate on player identification/scouting? Using what criteria?

Seriously some of the dross you have mentioned (interspersed by some good stuff) does not back up that statement.

Well, let me back up that statement. These are the players I've spoken about in the last 3 years (in no particular order):

Origi, Paulinho (when kicked out by Tottenham, then bought by Barcelona for 50 million), Heung Min Son (huge hit, I knew him since he was worth a few million), Ozil flopping, Iwobi flopping, Alexis Sanchez flopping after Arsenal, Ivan Cavaleiro (most omportant man in Wolverhampton promotion to top league), Roberto Perreyra (very much hit in the PL for Watford), Felipe Anderson (huge hit in the PL, but ok, I admit he cost a lot of money at the moment I propositioned him), Chicharito, Lucas Perez, Batshuayi, Benteke flopping, Jordan Ayew flopping, Townsend succeeding at Palace when 99% here were against him 3 years ago, Bakary Sako flopping second time here, Martin Kelly not being a right back loong ago when Pardew was here and yall were saying he was correct, Milivojevic not being as great as you make him (maybe you can count this as a miss, but I stick by it, penalties are not definitory), Ryan Fraser, Yedlin, Matt Ritchie, Ashley Barnes not being worth it, same for Scott Arfield, same for Danny Ings, Knockaert, Andone, Izquierdo, Niasse (miss in the last season), Schurrle, Mitrovic not being worth it (you'll see next years), Cheryshev (huge hit at the World Cup!), Daniel Wass, Santi Mina, Sarabia (huge hit, just look at what he's done this season, I would have taken him when he was worth 2 million), Quincy Promes, Jony from Alaves (huge hit!), Guido Carrillo (semi-miss), En Nesyri, Christian Tello, Pione Sisto, Carlos Bacca, Kevin Kampl, Jonathan de Guzman, Sebastien Haller, Danny da Costa (and look where Eintracht Frankfurt is this year with these guys. Who knew that 2 years ago when they were 16th in the league? I did), Patrick Herrmann, Renato Steffen, Daniel Ginczek, Demirbay, Max Kruse, Kownacki, Takashi Usami, Boetius, Nils Petersen, Finbogasson, Papu Gomez (a long time ago and look at what he does now in the Serie A. Well, that if you know who Papu Gomez is and how much he is appreciated, kuddos if you do), El Shaarawy, Iago Falque, Joaquin Correa, Ciro Immobile (before he was at Lazio, when Dortmund and Sevilla weren;t using him much and he would have come to Palace for a small fee), Quagliarela (a really long time ago though, when he was at Juventus, I admit I didn;t write about him on this site, but he was always one of my favourites), Luis Muriel, Gervinho, Sansone, Orsolini (one of the best regarded and most expensive Italian youngsters now, you could have made a fortune with him), Stepinski, Jonathan Bamba, Betrand Traore, Memphis Depay (a long time ago, when nobody wanted him after United), Robert Beric, Ocampos, Lebo Mothiba, M'baye Niang, Hatem ben Arfa, Aaron Leya Iseka, Casimir Ninga.

I'm not gonna brag with what I didn't know or the Messis and Ronaldos everyone could see. But I knew these ones above since they were pretty affordable and they've tunred into some of the best goalscorers and assisters in the Top 5 leagues.

Also, look at my topics:
Dusan Tadic last summer. Where is Dusan Tadic now and what has he done this season?

UNKNOWN Qatar striker Abdulla who I made the topic about before the Asian Cup had even started and he went on to be the best player and top goalscorer.

Out of all these players who I talked about here and especially the ones who were affordable, I can;t name another except Niasse who is having a bad season.

[Link]

Ok, Wilshire and Jovetic are injury prone, but they wouldn't have been my first choices either, as I've said numerous times in Wilshire related threads.

From the strikers who I named as the best possibilities in attack, all have done extremely well since then (except for Sala, God rest his soul and Leigh Griffiths, who has been injured all season- not my fault)

[Link]

The one I named as the best deal if we couldn-t afford Sala (last post on the page), Tiquinho Soares, who Porto was willing to let go for 5-10 million, has gone on to score 22 times and assist 6 times in 2600 minutes played for Porto, getting with them to the last 8 of the Champions League and growing his value to more than 30 million.

Look at these no-name guys I talked about 1 year ago, players from the Netherlands and from other medium-level leagues.

[Link]

Look at what they've done this season and where they are now (unless they got injured, like Kakuta or Saymak).

That Kristoffer Petersen fellow scored 12 and assisted 5 in the first league in the Netherlands. Did anyone else think he could do this?

Zeneli was bought by mid-table French Reims for just 4 million this winter after 3 goals and 12 assists in the Netherlands and has already scored 2 and assisted 3 in France. It's just a really, eally small fee for what he offers and his re-sale value, cause he's just 24 years old. These you can call terrific deal-making!

Jonathan Bamba was taken free of contract by Lille, is now their best player alongside Nicolas Pepe, qualified with them to the Champions League being 2nd place in the French ligue and worth over 40 million. That's a good deal!

And look at this:

[Link]


Absolutey everyone from here keeps on doing well!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 May 19 3.36pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Well, let me back up that statement. These are the players I've spoken about in the last 3 years (in no particular order):

Origi, Paulinho (when kicked out by Tottenham, then bought by Barcelona for 50 million), Heung Min Son (huge hit, I knew him since he was worth a few million), Ozil flopping, Iwobi flopping, Alexis Sanchez flopping after Arsenal, Ivan Cavaleiro (most omportant man in Wolverhampton promotion to top league), Roberto Perreyra (very much hit in the PL for Watford), Felipe Anderson (huge hit in the PL, but ok, I admit he cost a lot of money at the moment I propositioned him), Chicharito, Lucas Perez, Batshuayi, Benteke flopping, Jordan Ayew flopping, Townsend succeeding at Palace when 99% here were against him 3 years ago, Bakary Sako flopping second time here, Martin Kelly not being a right back loong ago when Pardew was here and yall were saying he was correct, Milivojevic not being as great as you make him (maybe you can count this as a miss, but I stick by it, penalties are not definitory), Ryan Fraser, Yedlin, Matt Ritchie, Ashley Barnes not being worth it, same for Scott Arfield, same for Danny Ings, Knockaert, Andone, Izquierdo, Niasse (miss in the last season), Schurrle, Mitrovic not being worth it (you'll see next years), Cheryshev (huge hit at the World Cup!), Daniel Wass, Santi Mina, Sarabia (huge hit, just look at what he's done this season, I would have taken him when he was worth 2 million), Quincy Promes, Jony from Alaves (huge hit!), Guido Carrillo (semi-miss), En Nesyri, Christian Tello, Pione Sisto, Carlos Bacca, Kevin Kampl, Jonathan de Guzman, Sebastien Haller, Danny da Costa (and look where Eintracht Frankfurt is this year with these guys. Who knew that 2 years ago when they were 16th in the league? I did), Patrick Herrmann, Renato Steffen, Daniel Ginczek, Demirbay, Max Kruse, Kownacki, Takashi Usami, Boetius, Nils Petersen, Finbogasson, Papu Gomez (a long time ago and look at what he does now in the Serie A. Well, that if you know who Papu Gomez is and how much he is appreciated, kuddos if you do), El Shaarawy, Iago Falque, Joaquin Correa, Ciro Immobile (before he was at Lazio, when Dortmund and Sevilla weren;t using him much and he would have come to Palace for a small fee), Quagliarela (a really long time ago though, when he was at Juventus, I admit I didn;t write about him on this site, but he was always one of my favourites), Luis Muriel, Gervinho, Sansone, Orsolini (one of the best regarded and most expensive Italian youngsters now, you could have made a fortune with him), Stepinski, Jonathan Bamba, Betrand Traore, Memphis Depay (a long time ago, when nobody wanted him after United), Robert Beric, Ocampos, Lebo Mothiba, M'baye Niang, Hatem ben Arfa, Aaron Leya Iseka, Casimir Ninga.

I'm not gonna brag with what I didn't know or the Messis and Ronaldos everyone could see. But I knew these ones above since they were pretty affordable and they've tunred into some of the best goalscorers and assisters in the Top 5 leagues.

Also, look at my topics:
Dusan Tadic last summer. Where is Dusan Tadic now and what has he done this season?

UNKNOWN Qatar striker Abdulla who I made the topic about before the Asian Cup had even started and he went on to be the best player and top goalscorer.

Out of all these players who I talked about here and especially the ones who were affordable, I can;t name another except Niasse who is having a bad season.

[Link]

Ok, Wilshire and Jovetic are injury prone, but they wouldn't have been my first choices either, as I've said numerous times in Wilshire related threads.

From the strikers who I named as the best possibilities in attack, all have done extremely well since then (except for Sala, God rest his soul and Leigh Griffiths, who has been injured all season- not my fault)

[Link]

The one I named as the best deal if we couldn-t afford Sala (last post on the page), Tiquinho Soares, who Porto was willing to let go for 5-10 million, has gone on to score 22 times and assist 6 times in 2600 minutes played for Porto, getting with them to the last 8 of the Champions League and growing his value to more than 30 million.

Look at these no-name guys I talked about 1 year ago, players from the Netherlands and from other medium-level leagues.

[Link]

Look at what they've done this season and where they are now (unless they got injured, like Kakuta or Saymak).

That Kristoffer Petersen fellow scored 12 and assisted 5 in the first league in the Netherlands. Did anyone else think he could do this?

Zeneli was bought by mid-table French Reims for just 4 million this winter after 3 goals and 12 assists in the Netherlands and has already scored 2 and assisted 3 in France. It's just a really, eally small fee for what he offers and his re-sale value, cause he's just 24 years old. These you can call terrific deal-making!

Jonathan Bamba was taken free of contract by Lille, is now their best player alongside Nicolas Pepe, qualified with them to the Champions League being 2nd place in the French ligue and worth over 40 million. That's a good deal!

And look at this:

[Link]


Absolutey everyone from here keeps on doing well!

Watch him, there is a lot more to his game than just penalties, its not all about stats or do you think he is fat like Mitrovic and Sako?
How do you know he could have joined for a small fee? Are you his agent?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Online Flag 08 May 19 3.56pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman


How do you know he could have joined for a small fee? Are you his agent?

Immobile went to Lazio for just 7.5 million, that's how I know.

Not a big fee for a player who went on to become multi-goalscorer of one of the top leagues in Europe

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 08 May 19 4.24pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Well, let me back up that statement. These are the players I've spoken about in the last 3 years (in no particular order):

Origi, Paulinho (when kicked out by Tottenham, then bought by Barcelona for 50 million), Heung Min Son (huge hit, I knew him since he was worth a few million), Ozil flopping, Iwobi flopping, Alexis Sanchez flopping after Arsenal, Ivan Cavaleiro (most omportant man in Wolverhampton promotion to top league), Roberto Perreyra (very much hit in the PL for Watford), Felipe Anderson (huge hit in the PL, but ok, I admit he cost a lot of money at the moment I propositioned him), Chicharito, Lucas Perez, Batshuayi, Benteke flopping, Jordan Ayew flopping, Townsend succeeding at Palace when 99% here were against him 3 years ago, Bakary Sako flopping second time here, Martin Kelly not being a right back loong ago when Pardew was here and yall were saying he was correct, Milivojevic not being as great as you make him (maybe you can count this as a miss, but I stick by it, penalties are not definitory), Ryan Fraser, Yedlin, Matt Ritchie, Ashley Barnes not being worth it, same for Scott Arfield, same for Danny Ings, Knockaert, Andone, Izquierdo, Niasse (miss in the last season), Schurrle, Mitrovic not being worth it (you'll see next years), Cheryshev (huge hit at the World Cup!), Daniel Wass, Santi Mina, Sarabia (huge hit, just look at what he's done this season, I would have taken him when he was worth 2 million), Quincy Promes, Jony from Alaves (huge hit!), Guido Carrillo (semi-miss), En Nesyri, Christian Tello, Pione Sisto, Carlos Bacca, Kevin Kampl, Jonathan de Guzman, Sebastien Haller, Danny da Costa (and look where Eintracht Frankfurt is this year with these guys. Who knew that 2 years ago when they were 16th in the league? I did), Patrick Herrmann, Renato Steffen, Daniel Ginczek, Demirbay, Max Kruse, Kownacki, Takashi Usami, Boetius, Nils Petersen, Finbogasson, Papu Gomez (a long time ago and look at what he does now in the Serie A. Well, that if you know who Papu Gomez is and how much he is appreciated, kuddos if you do), El Shaarawy, Iago Falque, Joaquin Correa, Ciro Immobile (before he was at Lazio, when Dortmund and Sevilla weren;t using him much and he would have come to Palace for a small fee), Quagliarela (a really long time ago though, when he was at Juventus, I admit I didn;t write about him on this site, but he was always one of my favourites), Luis Muriel, Gervinho, Sansone, Orsolini (one of the best regarded and most expensive Italian youngsters now, you could have made a fortune with him), Stepinski, Jonathan Bamba, Betrand Traore, Memphis Depay (a long time ago, when nobody wanted him after United), Robert Beric, Ocampos, Lebo Mothiba, M'baye Niang, Hatem ben Arfa, Aaron Leya Iseka, Casimir Ninga.

I'm not gonna brag with what I didn't know or the Messis and Ronaldos everyone could see. But I knew these ones above since they were pretty affordable and they've tunred into some of the best goalscorers and assisters in the Top 5 leagues.

Also, look at my topics:
Dusan Tadic last summer. Where is Dusan Tadic now and what has he done this season?

UNKNOWN Qatar striker Abdulla who I made the topic about before the Asian Cup had even started and he went on to be the best player and top goalscorer.

Out of all these players who I talked about here and especially the ones who were affordable, I can;t name another except Niasse who is having a bad season.

[Link]

Ok, Wilshire and Jovetic are injury prone, but they wouldn't have been my first choices either, as I've said numerous times in Wilshire related threads.

From the strikers who I named as the best possibilities in attack, all have done extremely well since then (except for Sala, God rest his soul and Leigh Griffiths, who has been injured all season- not my fault)

[Link]

The one I named as the best deal if we couldn-t afford Sala (last post on the page), Tiquinho Soares, who Porto was willing to let go for 5-10 million, has gone on to score 22 times and assist 6 times in 2600 minutes played for Porto, getting with them to the last 8 of the Champions League and growing his value to more than 30 million.

Look at these no-name guys I talked about 1 year ago, players from the Netherlands and from other medium-level leagues.

[Link]

Look at what they've done this season and where they are now (unless they got injured, like Kakuta or Saymak).

That Kristoffer Petersen fellow scored 12 and assisted 5 in the first league in the Netherlands. Did anyone else think he could do this?

Zeneli was bought by mid-table French Reims for just 4 million this winter after 3 goals and 12 assists in the Netherlands and has already scored 2 and assisted 3 in France. It's just a really, eally small fee for what he offers and his re-sale value, cause he's just 24 years old. These you can call terrific deal-making!

Jonathan Bamba was taken free of contract by Lille, is now their best player alongside Nicolas Pepe, qualified with them to the Champions League being 2nd place in the French ligue and worth over 40 million. That's a good deal!

And look at this:

[Link]


Absolutey everyone from here keeps on doing well!

It canít be just me who finds this hilarious.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Only 10 a year!!'s Profile Only 10 a year!! Flag 08 May 19 4.43pm Send a Private Message to Only 10 a year!! Add Only 10 a year!! as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Immobile went to Lazio for just 7.5 million, that's how I know.

Not a big fee for a player who went on to become multi-goalscorer of one of the top leagues in Europe

That is ok but I feel you don't take that you are suggesting players for Crystal Palace into context.

Immobile seems to thrive in Italian football and has 'failed' in two other leagues, why would he work in English football and culture? would he fit into Hodgson's style of play?

7.5m is not a small fee for Palace and I imagine the wages were pretty reasonable as he was still an italian international.

The Quatar player has not done much in his own league since the Asian Cup, is there a reason for that? Also why would he suit us and English football?

You suggested Kiril Despodov for £3m but he has not set the world alight in Italy.

I only chose those at random. I don't know as I am just a football fan and don't claim to have any answers. I also don't share your appreciation of people like Lamela also as I think he would be a bit in and out and lazy for a club like Palace.

There is more to scouting than internet searches, stats and mass recommendations otherwise we would all be doing it.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Divock Origi (available?)