You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Pardew on the Sky debate last night
September 26 2017 10.38pm

Pardew on the Sky debate last night

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Palace Talk is sponsored by

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 13 Sep 17 11.10am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Not sure how many saw this, but Pardew was squirming like a good 'un last night as they discussed the sacking of FDB. I lost count of the number of times that he tried to stop Wrighty from effectively comparing his own performance to FDB's it was hilarious, especially when talking about losing the dressing room. Boy, am I glad he's long gone.

C'mon Roy let's gee 'em up and prove them all wrong.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 13 Sep 17 11.11am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Any links please?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 13 Sep 17 11.22am Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

One thing's for sure, Parish will never delay sacking a manager that long again...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hugobear's Profile hugobear Flag London 13 Sep 17 11.27am Send a Private Message to hugobear Add hugobear as a friend

No love lost there. Wrighty the player Pardew wishes he was! Good news on Roy. Palace local boy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Online Flag Bedford 13 Sep 17 11.55am Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

Well I maybe in the minority here but I think he is making some shrewd observations not only about us but also his general insights into the game.

Personally I can do without Wrighty and replace him with Simon Jordan who although he was a crap owner has interesting comments and (unlike many) speaks clearly, dispassionately and sensibly.

Don't wish to appear racist but the Sky Saturday show has too many ex-players who are difficult to understand with Scots or Scouse accents and tend to get heated resulting in their reports being unintelligible. Calm down dears!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kermit8's Profile Kermit8 Flag Hevon 13 Sep 17 11.59am Send a Private Message to Kermit8 Add Kermit8 as a friend

Originally posted by Bangell

One thing's for sure, Parish will never delay sacking a manager that long again...

Yep it will be two or three games max next time. Sorry Roy.

 


Big chest and massive boobs

[Link]


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 13 Sep 17 12.04pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Uphill

Well I maybe in the minority here but I think he is making some shrewd observations not only about us but also his general insights into the game.

Personally I can do without Wrighty and replace him with Simon Jordan who although he was a crap owner has interesting comments and (unlike many) speaks clearly, dispassionately and sensibly.

Don't wish to appear racist but the Sky Saturday show has too many ex-players who are difficult to understand with Scots or Scouse accents and tend to get heated resulting in their reports being unintelligible. Calm down dears!

Whilst I don't wish to argue with you because he did make a couple of decent points and I do agree with your last point, may I use an analogy: If there were two men in a sealed room with one shot dead and the other holding a gun smiling, Pardew would argue it was the dead persons fault he had been shot. The man quite simply never admits he is wrong and does not take responsibility for his own mistakes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jway89's Profile Jway89 Flag 13 Sep 17 12.20pm Send a Private Message to Jway89 Add Jway89 as a friend

The massive take home point from what Pardew said was that our academy is basically crap. If Parish really wants possession based football then start from the bottom. Get the quality coaches and scouts in place so we can produce players that are comfortable on the ball.
That is the long term project he should be working on, not getting this squad to do something they're not used to.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 13 Sep 17 12.28pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Jway89

The massive take home point from what Pardew said was that our academy is basically crap. If Parish really wants possession based football then start from the bottom. Get the quality coaches and scouts in place so we can produce players that are comfortable on the ball.
That is the long term project he should be working on, not getting this squad to do something they're not used to.

But don't we need to stay in the premiership in order to fund the youth squad and also attract the best talent?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jway89's Profile Jway89 Flag 13 Sep 17 12.31pm Send a Private Message to Jway89 Add Jway89 as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

But don't we need to stay in the premiership in order to fund the youth squad and also attract the best talent?

Yes and that's why I've always thought letting Pulis go was the worst thing Parish did.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View regal_eagle's Profile regal_eagle Flag somewhere 13 Sep 17 12.41pm Send a Private Message to regal_eagle Add regal_eagle as a friend

Here's last night's show

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View regal_eagle's Profile regal_eagle Flag somewhere 13 Sep 17 12.44pm Send a Private Message to regal_eagle Add regal_eagle as a friend

And here's the podcast for those on their phones:

[Link]

It's also 50mins long, so enjoy this on your inevitably delayed train today peeps

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Pardew on the Sky debate last night