You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Cenk Tosun
October 18 2017 4.47am

Cenk Tosun

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Palace Talk is sponsored by

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Eagle Phil's Profile Eagle Phil Flag 11 Oct 17 1.39pm Send a Private Message to Eagle Phil Add Eagle Phil as a friend

I think we can safely predict that we will miss out on the signing of Cenk Tosun in the January transfer window despite widely reported interest. Having had the chance to sign him and then screwing it up, other clubs will be alerted to his availability and will no doubt trump us in signing him. They will offer real money whereas we will offer small change and a few Tesco vouchers thrown in for good measure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Oct 17 1.48pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Eagle Phil

I think we can safely predict that we will miss out on the signing of Cenk Tosun in the January transfer window despite widely reported interest. Having had the chance to sign him and then screwing it up, other clubs will be alerted to his availability and will no doubt trump us in signing him. They will offer real money whereas we will offer small change and a few Tesco vouchers thrown in for good measure.

A lot more disappointments to come and if we get what we deserve from having NO striker for the first 13-19 games then it won't be anywhere near this level of player we'll be looking at.

I'm getting used to that. Still fuming mind you.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jimruss's Profile jimruss Flag Sidcup 11 Oct 17 3.55pm Send a Private Message to jimruss Add jimruss as a friend

Originally posted by Eagle Phil

I think we can safely predict that we will miss out on the signing of Cenk Tosun in the January transfer window despite widely reported interest. Having had the chance to sign him and then screwing it up, other clubs will be alerted to his availability and will no doubt trump us in signing him. They will offer real money whereas we will offer small change and a few Tesco vouchers thrown in for good measure.

As I understand SP tried to pay the fee over a longer period than the selling club wanted, it beggars belief bearing in mind the situation we were in at the time.

I've no doubt we won't get this guy, he's banging in the goals for club and country so someone else will come calling.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brentmiester_General's Profile Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 11 Oct 17 3.55pm Send a Private Message to Brentmiester_General Add Brentmiester_General as a friend

Conversely, we can offer more in wages than Spurs will and we can at least match Newcastle and we're based in the capital. He's also probably already used to the idea of coming to us from what happened in Jan and is comfortable with the idea.
Not meaning to come over all positive or anything.

Edited by Brentmiester_General (11 Oct 2017 3.56pm)

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 11 Oct 17 4.07pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by jimruss

As I understand SP tried to pay the fee over a longer period than the selling club wanted, it beggars belief bearing in mind the situation we were in at the time.

I've no doubt we won't get this guy, he's banging in the goals for club and country so someone else will come calling.

Very disappointing seeing as a 15 m fee was agreed at the time.Will now apparently cost us north of 20 m!!
Well done SP,for trying to get payments structured over 18 months when his club wanted payment over 6 months and losing out on any deal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jimruss's Profile jimruss Flag Sidcup 11 Oct 17 4.12pm Send a Private Message to jimruss Add jimruss as a friend

I read somewhere today that it'll cost 24m to sign him in January, might have been on the BBC sport website so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscall Eagle's Profile Brinscall Eagle Flag Brinscall Lancashire/ Villamartin ... 11 Oct 17 5.02pm Send a Private Message to Brinscall Eagle Add Brinscall Eagle as a friend

Problem is we may be in such a bad position in the league come January that any player of any quality will probably not want to join us. This is the price of failure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brentmiester_General's Profile Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 11 Oct 17 5.28pm Send a Private Message to Brentmiester_General Add Brentmiester_General as a friend

Originally posted by Brinscall Eagle

Problem is we may be in such a bad position in the league come January that any player of any quality will probably not want to join us. This is the price of failure.

We'll either be well within in touching distance or out of the zone by then.

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 11 Oct 17 7.26pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Very disappointing seeing as a 15 m fee was agreed at the time.Will now apparently cost us north of 20 m!!
Well done SP,for trying to get payments structured over 18 months when his club wanted payment over 6 months and losing out on any deal.

I agree. Then within a week or so said we had 40 million to spend in January! Can anyone explain why we could not have just paid up within 6 months.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brentmiester_General's Profile Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 11 Oct 17 7.50pm Send a Private Message to Brentmiester_General Add Brentmiester_General as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I agree. Then within a week or so said we had 40 million to spend in January! Can anyone explain why we could not have just paid up within 6 months.

I imagine the American's might be able to give you the answer.

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Oct 17 7.51pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I agree. Then within a week or so said we had 40 million to spend in January! Can anyone explain why we could not have just paid up within 6 months.

Trying to eek every last of value from every deal until it kills us?

Freedman lost his voice (looking after his career)?

There never was/is 40 mil to spend and instead there was about 12 mil for a striker and near that for a keeper?

The Campbell excuse when it all unfolded wasn't actually an excuse and Parish really did think he's a prem striker and still does?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 11 Oct 17 9.43pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by jimruss

As I understand SP tried to pay the fee over a longer period than the selling club wanted, it beggars belief bearing in mind the situation we were in at the time.

I've no doubt we won't get this guy, he's banging in the goals for club and country so someone else will come calling.

Clubs and agents often mess about in making terms of payment difficult if the deal isn't what they really want or they might have an alternative. Very few transfers involve paying the money up front.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Cenk Tosun