You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Back From the Game
May 10 2021 10.15pm

Back From the Game

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 2 « First< 1 2

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 11 Mar 18 10.39am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Went with my mate, Chelsea fan, in the east stand. No singing.
No comparison to the Arthur.
Selhurst rocks by comparison. Hope the new stand doesn’t wreck it

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dixie Eagle's Profile Dixie Eagle Flag Chatham 11 Mar 18 11.01am Send a Private Message to Dixie Eagle Add Dixie Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Were you in the Palace end? Seemed pretty lively to me. Chelsea fans no better than West Ham and Arsenal though

Yep

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 11 Mar 18 1.26pm Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

Thought the atmosphere from Palace was pretty decent considering we went 2 down.

Jose's right, your fans are shi'te.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View alaneagle1's Profile alaneagle1 Flag Dunstable,Bedfordshire.England 11 Mar 18 1.55pm Send a Private Message to alaneagle1 Add alaneagle1 as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

Thought the atmosphere from Palace was pretty decent considering we went 2 down.

Jose's right, your fans are shi'te.

Agreed

Mourinho’s right ,

EFA.

 


Palace 13th 2017/18.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 11 Mar 18 6.13pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

At least nobody, on this thread, is blaming Hennessey for our defeat.

Nice change.

And on this subject, to those advocating bringing in our new keeper, how do you know he will be an improvement? Remember Mandanda ?

Of the match itself, we were absolutely diabolical in the first half and a massacre threatened. But in the second we at last discovered that having two similar No.9's up front was futile. I would now play one or the other but not both.

I also thought Lee was tidy and passed well and he should be given a run, if only to compensate for his horrible blunder against Burnley.

In summary we have now lost to 3 top teams - but by only one goal, so there is grounds for optimism.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View FinchleyEagle's Profile FinchleyEagle Flag 12 Mar 18 7.56am Send a Private Message to FinchleyEagle Add FinchleyEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Uphill

At least nobody, on this thread, is blaming Hennessey for our defeat.

Nice change.

And on this subject, to those advocating bringing in our new keeper, how do you know he will be an improvement? Remember Mandanda ?

Of the match itself, we were absolutely diabolical in the first half and a massacre threatened. But in the second we at last discovered that having two similar No.9's up front was futile. I would now play one or the other but not both.

I also thought Lee was tidy and passed well and he should be given a run, if only to compensate for his horrible blunder against Burnley.

In summary we have now lost to 3 top teams - but by only one goal, so there is grounds for optimism.

I do. The best keeper we've seen at Selhurst since Martyn, apart from Speroni. A real shame he couldn't settle, we'd have conceded a lot less goals with him in between the posts; commanding, agile and confident - everything you want in a keeper.

 


You'll be forever in my family's memories and it was an honor and privilege to play and lead in the red and blue
Yours sincerely
Mile Jedinak

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 12 Mar 18 9.58am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by FinchleyEagle

I do. The best keeper we've seen at Selhurst since Martyn, apart from Speroni. A real shame he couldn't settle, we'd have conceded a lot less goals with him in between the posts; commanding, agile and confident - everything you want in a keeper.

You must have been watching different games from me then. Remember Liverpool at home where he stayed on his line for two corners that they scored from about 6 yards out? Also, though his distribution was quick, it was often too quick, leaving our defence/midfield in trouble - eg away at Sunderland where they scored from his throw out, and again at Leicester (I think) where they nearly scored in the first minute after one of his quick clearances. Also, his shot stopping wasn't that good - eg Sunderland, Bournemouth were games where he should have done better.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 2 « First< 1 2

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Back From the Game