You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Ant McPartlin
April 25 2019 1.21pm

Ant McPartlin

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 17 Apr 18 3.24pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

It is, but madness still the same!

Well in this case they wouldn't have been able to fine him so much if he wasn't earning so much.

To put it into context Kirsty Gallagher got fined £85 for the same offence. Yaya Toure got fined £54K after some "creative accounting" informed the court that that was his weekly earnings.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 17 Apr 18 3.30pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

People should have to re-take the test before getting their license back. If Darron Gibson was made to after losing it the first time, he may still be employed and not (possibly) on his way to jail.

I'm inclined to agree when you're two to three times the limit rather than borderline. Who knows if it would've made a difference to Gibson? You can bet he'd have got his license back again anyway as footballers love to splash out on, and drive, expensive cars.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Harpo's Profile Harpo Flag Oxfordshire 17 Apr 18 3.40pm Send a Private Message to Harpo Add Harpo as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

I thing I they seem like pretty sound guys in general, although drink driving is not good obvs.

It makes me sad to see so much envy against successful people in this country. Does talking successful people down make some people feel better about their own inadequacies or lack of personal fulfilment I wonder?

Ant and/or Dec did very well with what they have, good luck to em.

I'm not envious of either of them.
I wouldnt want to look like Ant, and I would want to work with Ant!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pussay Patrol's Profile Pussay Patrol Flag 17 Apr 18 3.58pm Send a Private Message to Pussay Patrol Add Pussay Patrol as a friend

Don't see why they need to do a retest, their ability to drive is not under scrutiny just their carelessness and what they earn doesn't make any difference either just an irrelevant circumstance of the person. I think the damage to integrity and reputation as a public figure does far more damage than any financial penalty

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Apr 18 8.14am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

In the tabloids today the lawyer "Mr Loophole" claims that the police and courts botched it and that Ant got off likely.

This coming from a man whose has spun his public profile on getting footballers who were guilty of speeding off on technicalities.

His hypocrisy is breathtaking personally I think Ant's punishment was fair you have to take into account the impact on his career, public humiliation and his acknowledgement of his guilt. The later is something I assume Mr Loophole does not encourage his clients to own up to.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 18 Apr 18 8.46am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

In the tabloids today the lawyer "Mr Loophole" claims that the police and courts botched it and that Ant got off likely.

This coming from a man whose has spun his public profile on getting footballers who were guilty of speeding off on technicalities.

His hypocrisy is breathtaking personally I think Ant's punishment was fair you have to take into account the impact on his career, public humiliation and his acknowledgement of his guilt. The later is something I assume Mr Loophole does not encourage his clients to own up to.

They wouldn't be employed if they didn't defend blatantly guilty people, its their job not hypocrisy.
Whether that right or wrong is another question.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Apr 18 9.06am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

They wouldn't be employed if they didn't defend blatantly guilty people, its their job not hypocrisy.
Whether that right or wrong is another question.

I don't have a problem with him defending guilty people we are all entitled to justice. I have a problem with him mouthing off to the papers that Ant got away with it. I bet he wouldn't have said that if Ant was his client. This was just a naked publicity stunt, that's the hypocrisy.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View shortbutt's Profile shortbutt Flag Solihull 18 Apr 18 9.08am Send a Private Message to shortbutt Add shortbutt as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I think his punishment was fair and kudus to him unlike many footballers he attended court and publicly apologised. I wish him well in his recovery.

I am familiar with the ravages of drug and alcohol addictions and the helplessness it can cause. Nonetheless, it can never be used as an excuse for the consequences it has on others. I am therefore pleased that he has publicly apologised. He was very fortunate that no-one was seriously hurt or killed. I am no fan of Ant (or Dec), but hope that he has now reached his “rock bottom” and can embark on the path to recovery.

Edited by shortbutt (18 Apr 2018 9.09am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Apr 18 9.30am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by shortbutt

I am familiar with the ravages of drug and alcohol addictions and the helplessness it can cause. Nonetheless, it can never be used as an excuse for the consequences it has on others. I am therefore pleased that he has publicly apologised. He was very fortunate that no-one was seriously hurt or killed. I am no fan of Ant (or Dec), but hope that he has now reached his “rock bottom” and can embark on the path to recovery.

Edited by shortbutt (18 Apr 2018 9.09am)

I agree with the above I am 18 months into my sobriety so maybe I am more sympathetic to Mr Ant than he deserves. Recognition that you have a problem is the first step to recovery I wish him well. I still don't like him or the other one.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 18 Apr 18 11.25am Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

In the tabloids today the lawyer "Mr Loophole" claims that the police and courts botched it and that Ant got off likely.

This coming from a man whose has spun his public profile on getting footballers who were guilty of speeding off on technicalities.

His hypocrisy is breathtaking personally I think Ant's punishment was fair you have to take into account the impact on his career, public humiliation and his acknowledgement of his guilt. The later is something I assume Mr Loophole does not encourage his clients to own up to.

Alex Ferguson really did have the s***s though!

This bloke just got Paddy McGuinness off of a charge, after he'd already pleaded guilty to it.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 18 Apr 18 5.49pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

The 'sentence' of 3 days wages and a driving ban seems appropriate.

Until you consider that fact that the BBC will pick up his expenses tab and pay for his taxi's while he is banned from driving.
And he is still on big-money.

He won't lose a penny. TV licence payers will cover the cost

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 18 Apr 18 6.56pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

The 'sentence' of 3 days wages and a driving ban seems appropriate.

Until you consider that fact that the BBC will pick up his expenses tab and pay for his taxi's while he is banned from driving.
And he is still on big-money.

He won't lose a penny. TV licence payers will cover the cost

£130k would be pre-tax, so more like a week’s wages in take home terms.

And he works for ITV.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Ant McPartlin