You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Alaneagle1
October 27 2021 1.09am

Alaneagle1

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 21 Apr 18 7.38pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by DaWick

Sad news. RIP Alan

Same

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 21 Apr 18 7.59pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

RIP.

Had some ding dongs with Alan on here and this is sad to hear.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 21 Apr 18 8.03pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

How sad. RIP Alan.

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Littlebogreek's Profile Littlebogreek Flag 21 Apr 18 8.18pm Send a Private Message to Littlebogreek Add Littlebogreek as a friend

RIP Alan

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hibbystu's Profile hibbystu Flag tadworth 21 Apr 18 8.28pm Send a Private Message to hibbystu Add hibbystu as a friend

Only just found out about Alan, a true gentleman and founder member of the Hol corner in the Whitehorse, he will be greatly missed by many, see you through the turnstile my friend

 


I support Scotland, Hibs and the Palace, no glory hunters here!!!!!!

PLEASE SIR, CAN I HAVE A PIE!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 21 Apr 18 8.32pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Quite a few HOLers met Alan and loved his company. Photo from a HOL meet in 2010, the day we went into Admin.

Rest Easy Alan

Alan eagle.JPG Attachment: Alan eagle.JPG (357.87Kb)

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 21 Apr 18 8.39pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by hibbystu

Only just found out about Alan, a true gentleman and founder member of the Hol corner in the Whitehorse, he will be greatly missed by many, see you through the turnstile my friend

Nicely put

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kellsbells's Profile kellsbells Flag Bude, Cornwall 21 Apr 18 8.42pm Send a Private Message to kellsbells Add kellsbells as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Quite a few HOLers met Alan and loved his company. Photo from a HOL meet in 2010, the day we went into Admin.

Rest Easy Alan


Definitely all loved his company! The HOL corner in the Whitehorse was the scene of many a good Saturday pre match drink!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jamesey's Profile Jamesey Flag Wandsworth 21 Apr 18 8.52pm Send a Private Message to Jamesey Add Jamesey as a friend

Absolutely shocked to hear this news as I had not realised Alan's cancer had reached such a late stage. I was only chatting to him on the HOL private message line quite recently and he seemed in good spirits but he was never one to complain in my experience.

I had the great pleasure on quite a few occasions of enjoying a beer of three in his company (although he was abstemious because of driving back to his home) in several pubs around the Selhurst area.

When I was seriously ill myself a few years back, he was always offering to pick me up from my home and take me to the ground and back for games.

He was a gentle man (and a "gentleman" and as far as I knew always resisted getting into unpleasant mud-slinging although he was a passionate supporter as his friends all appreciated.

I hope that some form of memorial occasion will be held, if anybody closer to his family than I, could post, preferably in south London rather than his local area if possible. I am sure that many of us would wish to pay our last respects.

"Jamesey"

 


Nothing is fool-proof - fools are too ingenious

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kellsbells's Profile kellsbells Flag Bude, Cornwall 21 Apr 18 8.56pm Send a Private Message to kellsbells Add kellsbells as a friend

Originally posted by Jamesey

Absolutely shocked to hear this news as I had not realised Alan's cancer had reached such a late stage. I was only chatting to him on the HOL private message line quite recently and he seemed in good spirits but he was never one to complain in my experience.

I had the great pleasure on quite a few occasions of enjoying a beer of three in his company (although he was abstemious because of driving back to his home) in several pubs around the Selhurst area.

When I was seriously ill myself a few years back, he was always offering to pick me up from my home and take me to the ground and back for games.

He was a gentle man (and a "gentleman" and as far as I knew always resisted getting into unpleasant mud-slinging although he was a passionate supporter as his friends all appreciated.

I hope that some form of memorial occasion will be held, if anybody closer to his family than I, could post, preferably in south London rather than his local area if possible. I am sure that many of us would wish to pay our last respects.

"Jamesey"

I was also hoping that some sort of acknowledgement for Alan could be arranged. Have spoken to a few people and some of us are planning to meet up before the Leicester game. Not sure of exactly where yet but will let you know if you're around. Will be lovely to raise a glass to him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jamesey's Profile Jamesey Flag Wandsworth 21 Apr 18 9.02pm Send a Private Message to Jamesey Add Jamesey as a friend

Originally posted by kellsbells

I was also hoping that some sort of acknowledgement for Alan could be arranged. Have spoken to a few people and some of us are planning to meet up before the Leicester game. Not sure of exactly where yet but will let you know if you're around. Will be lovely to raise a glass to him.

Thanks for that Kelly...please let me know if you hear anything organised.

 


Nothing is fool-proof - fools are too ingenious

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kermit8's Profile Kermit8 Flag Hevon 21 Apr 18 9.35pm Send a Private Message to Kermit8 Add Kermit8 as a friend

Absolutely loved reading Alan's posts. Always looked forward to them. Never met him but no surprise at all at the wonderful things being said on here by people who did

RIP Mr Palace.

 


Big chest and massive boobs

[Link]


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Alaneagle1