You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Kevin Kilbane
May 25 2018 3.53am

Kevin Kilbane

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Palace Talk is sponsored by

The Sportsman - Perfect 10

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 21 Apr 18 11.28pm Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Not usually a big fan of the “MOTD bias” bandwagon, but I’ve gotta say I’ve possibly watched one of the worst bits of punditry I’ve ever seen just now.

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but Kevin Kilbane took great pleasure in getting the knives right back out for Zaha tonight, as if he’d been desperately waiting for months, in what really was a pathetic attempt of defamation, even by their standards.

Would encourage any who missed it to avoid, unless they want the temptation of launching their TV/Laptop/Phone/Tablet out the window.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 21 Apr 18 11.33pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Used to think he was a decent change to the other boring c***s but not any more. Tosser.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 21 Apr 18 11.35pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Unfortunately he has jumped on the bandwagon sticking his knives into Wilf. He completely ignored the fact that Doucoure ran 30 yards to push Wilf in the chest when already on a yellow suggesting Wilf should be booked for shoving him. He had every right to go for that ball in the penalty area. It happens week in week out . If you are both committed someone has to win. It’s not “nasty”, it’s football. And the booking well don’t start me on that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 21 Apr 18 11.38pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Another observation. They didn’t even mention Hegazi in the other game. Punch in the stomach (albeit tame) and almost taking Salahs head off with a swinging arm. They just choose to go with the masses and say what they believe people want to hear. And we pay for this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 21 Apr 18 11.41pm Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

Unfortunately he has jumped on the bandwagon sticking his knives into Wilf. He completely ignored the fact that Doucoure ran 30 yards to push Wilf in the chest when already on a yellow suggesting Wilf should be booked for shoving him. He had every right to go for that ball in the penalty area. It happens week in week out . If you are both committed someone has to win. It’s not “nasty”, it’s football. And the booking well don’t start me on that.

Almost as if they’ve been waiting to really get stuck into him, but it simply hasn’t been possible for months without looking completely moronic.

It’s also worth mentioning Hegazi literally *punched* a player in the game prior and they didn’t say a word about it. But if Zaha is fouled on the edge of the box, they somehow have the nerve to make out he shouldn’t fall into the area or he’s a cheat. It’s absolutely incredible some of the horse s*** he came out with tonight, and it’s patently obvious that there is some underlying hatred towards him.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 21 Apr 18 11.42pm Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

Another observation. They didn’t even mention Hegazi in the other game. Punch in the stomach (albeit tame) and almost taking Salahs head off with a swinging arm. They just choose to go with the masses and say what they believe people want to hear. And we pay for this.

Yes just mentioned the exact same in my reply to you. It’s beyond belief.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View OhthisbloodyPC's Profile OhthisbloodyPC Flag 21 Apr 18 11.44pm Send a Private Message to OhthisbloodyPC Add OhthisbloodyPC as a friend

I'm glad it's not just me.

That Kilbane idiot was obviously dying to join the indignant mob. But he needed something unique to capture attention. "What have you got for the nature table, Kevin?"

He took the Sanctimonious Shearer angle. "We've seen a bad isde of Wilf Zaha... etc"

He then criticised Zaha for falling inside the box, after he was fouled just as he was about to enter the box. Kilbane admitted that he was fouled and that the referee was right to give a free kick, but Kilbane thought that Zaha shouldn't have fallen into the box.

Ah yes, I remember that from physics o'level. I think it was Kilbane's Law. "A scapegoat has momentum and direction, but it's reaction to a kick should be in inverse proportion to the level of pundit opprobium."

.

Originally posted by Mstrobez

Not usually a big fan of the “MOTD bias” bandwagon, but I’ve gotta say I’ve possibly watched one of the worst bits of punditry I’ve ever seen just now.

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but Kevin Kilbane took great pleasure in getting the knives right back out for Zaha tonight, as if he’d been desperately waiting for months, in what really was a pathetic attempt of defamation, even by their standards.

Would encourage any who missed it to avoid, unless they want the temptation of launching their TV/Laptop/Phone/Tablet out the window.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 21 Apr 18 11.53pm Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Then he goes on to bang on about how the 50/50 challenge on the keeper is “nasty” but stops himself committing to a red card (probably cos he would’ve been sectioned) and says should’ve been “maybe yellow”.

Since when did a “nasty challenge” warrant “maybe a yellow”, Kev? I’ll say it again, it’s possibly the worst bit of punditry I’ve ever seen & that’s saying something

A really bad reflection of the way the media operates in this country.

Truth is irrelevant, the agenda is everything. Pathetic

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chateauferret's Profile chateauferret Flag Airdrie 21 Apr 18 11.57pm Send a Private Message to chateauferret Add chateauferret as a friend

Originally posted by OhthisbloodyPC

I'm glad it's not just me.

That Kilbane idiot was obviously dying to join the indignant mob. But he needed something unique to capture attention. "What have you got for the nature table, Kevin?"

He took the Sanctimonious Shearer angle. "We've seen a bad isde of Wilf Zaha... etc"

He then criticised Zaha for falling inside the box, after he was fouled just as he was about to enter the box. Kilbane admitted that he was fouled and that the referee was right to give a free kick, but Kilbane thought that Zaha shouldn't have fallen into the box.

Ah yes, I remember that from physics o'level. I think it was Kilbane's Law. "A scapegoat has momentum and direction, but it's reaction to a kick should be in inverse proportion to the level of pundit opprobium."

Even he was clear that it was a stonewall pen, but that argument about "falling into the box" in the previous incident was as feeble-minded a load of total bollocks as I have ever heard on MoTD. Totally desparate.

"Every object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless compelled to change its state by the action of an external force."

Wilf is an excellent player but he is still subject to Newton's First Law of Motion.

I think the Second Law of Thermodynamics is relevant here.

"The total entropy (translation: bulls***) of an isolated system (example: the BBC) can never decrease over time."


Edited by chateauferret (22 Apr 2018 12.00am)

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 22 Apr 18 12.03am Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

To be fair, what he was saying about wilf getting too involved in the game was true. He needs to realise that teams are going to wind him up and foul him, but need to shut up and get on with it. Every time thd cameras were on him he was arguing with one of their players, and if he hadn't gone down and claimed he was fouled in thd first penalty incident (which never was, you only have to look at the palace fans behind him to see that) he may have got the penalty that should have been awarded.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Superhorns3's Profile Superhorns3 Flag Harpdenden 22 Apr 18 12.07am Send a Private Message to Superhorns3 Add Superhorns3 as a friend

TBH I thought he had been fouled in the area in that incident anyway!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 22 Apr 18 12.15am Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

To be fair, what he was saying about wilf getting too involved in the game was true. He needs to realise that teams are going to wind him up and foul him, but need to shut up and get on with it. Every time thd cameras were on him he was arguing with one of their players, and if he hadn't gone down and claimed he was fouled in thd first penalty incident (which never was, you only have to look at the palace fans behind him to see that) he may have got the penalty that should have been awarded.

The rest is up for debate. But tonight was a pathetic attempt of a complete character assassination.

Calling 50/50 challenges Zaha had every right to go for “nasty”, telling people he’s cheating for falling in a certain direction, saying he should’ve been booked for pushing Doucoure (who ran half way up the pitch, whilst already on a yellow to push Zaha).

All this about 10 minutes after we watch a game where Hegazi deliberately punches a player, and they don’t even speak about it, not a peep.

Theres a bigger picture on display tonight. Whether or not he should get less involved is something that could be up for debate if there wasn’t such a blindingly obvious campaign against him in the media. They’ve reluctantly given him a bit of praise recently, as it would be too obvious to avoid. But make no mistake about it, there are certain figures who just don’t like him.

That would be fine, if they didn’t make their bias so obvious. But Kev clearly isn’t even good at hiding his hatred.

For me, the rest of the subject is rendered irrelevant the minute they start their odd campaign, that is clearly based on a load of nonsense.


Edited by Mstrobez (22 Apr 2018 12.18am)

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Kevin Kilbane