You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Reported Palace Transfer Targets
May 23 2018 2.08am

Reported Palace Transfer Targets

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

 

View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 16 May 18 9.58pm Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

As with each transfer window we are linked with multiple players as every slight inquiry is reported (and some are just made up) but within all the speculation there are of course the nuggets of truth. It also gives clues as to what areas we are looking to strengthen.

With that in mind I've compiled this list of payers, by position, there have been reports of (rather than just our suggestions). If I can I will try to keep the list updated as the window goes on so the players and costs can be easily seen and compared. I will also include the date of the initial report as that may serve to show how our interests etc may be altering.

Goalkeepers

Alphonse Areola 15/5/2018 [Link] 18 mill
Lukasz Fabianski 15/5/2018 [Link] 5 mill

Left Back

Ferland Mendy 14/5/2018 [Link] 10-20 mill

Right Back

James Tavernier 15/5/2018 [Link] 3.5 mill

Ryan Federicks 16/5/2018 [Link] Free

Almamy Toure 19/5/2018 [Link] 12-15 mill

Right Wing

Michail Antonio (Can play Right back) 9/5/2018 [Link] 10-20 mill

Left Wing

Jonathan Bamba (Can play right wing) 20/5/2018 [Link] Free

Central Midfield

Joe Allen 19/5/2018 [Link] 20 mill

Leander Dendoncker 25/4/2018 [Link] 13 mill

Edited by Mwncisee (16 May 2018 10.00pm)

Edited by Mwncisee (16 May 2018 10.00pm)

Edited by Mwncisee (19 May 2018 9.41am)

Edited by Mwncisee (20 May 2018 11.26am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 17 May 18 5.50am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

As usual much of the speculation will be just plain daft.

I doubt whether we will have a particularly large budget to play with so I doubt whether we will waste it on either an 18m goalkeeper or a 10-20m left back.

I would have thought that a right back would be a very low priority as well

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PhuketEagle's Profile PhuketEagle Flag Phuket 17 May 18 5.57am Send a Private Message to PhuketEagle Add PhuketEagle as a friend

My priorities would probably be in midfield if any of Cabaye, Loftus-Cheek or McArthur aren't around next season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 17 May 18 6.11am Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

As usual much of the speculation will be just plain daft.

I doubt whether we will have a particularly large budget to play with so I doubt whether we will waste it on either an 18m goalkeeper or a 10-20m left back.

I would have thought that a right back would be a very low priority as well

I agree with you about the goalkeeper and left back. I do think however that although a lot of people are focused on Cabaye or McArthur (I actually think both will be staying) It will be Ward who is released and we are looking at other options for his position.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 17 May 18 10.08am Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

McCarthur is in the first team and has two years left on his contract, why would we be looking to replace him?

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View black eagle.'s Profile black eagle. Flag south croydon. 17 May 18 10.45am Send a Private Message to black eagle. Add black eagle. as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

McCarthur is in the first team and has two years left on his contract, why would we be looking to replace him?

Agree with this,keep the likes of Jimmy Mac,Wilf and Yohan and add to the squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davehuggins's Profile davehuggins Flag 17 May 18 10.55am Send a Private Message to davehuggins Add davehuggins as a friend

Think we would be very foolish to let Jimmy Mac go, just imagine what the cost would be to replace. Same goes for Yohan, class act hopefully a couple of seasons left. If by any chance we can gain the services of RLC that would be the "icing on the cake"

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag 17 May 18 10.56am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Cabeye at 32 and on 86k a week will only stay if he accepts new terms.

A one year contract with option of a 2nd year on maybe half wages with some bonuses built in seems fair.

However, as a bosman he might think he can get more elsewhere. However, Marseille link has gone cold and so he may struggle to get similar money in France.

Definitely think we need one more midfielder - even if RLC stays he's often injured and what happens if a big club come in for Luka.

Jimmy Mac going nowhere - only papertalk as some websites didn't realise he'd signed a contract extension. Now on big money and an important part of Palace squad

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 17 May 18 11.16am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

Cabeye at 32 and on 86k a week will only stay if he accepts new terms.

A one year contract with option of a 2nd year on maybe half wages with some bonuses built in seems fair.

However, as a bosman he might think he can get more elsewhere. However, Marseille link has gone cold and so he may struggle to get similar money in France.

Definitely think we need one more midfielder - even if RLC stays he's often injured and what happens if a big club come in for Luka.

Jimmy Mac going nowhere - only papertalk as some websites didn't realise he'd signed a contract extension. Now on big money and an important part of Palace squad

Id offer Cabaye a new deal with a much smaller base wage, but a big appearance bonus, something that would result in him being paid much the same if he plays the same amount of games.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tyrelli's Profile Tyrelli Flag London 17 May 18 11.21am Send a Private Message to Tyrelli Add Tyrelli as a friend

Michail Antonio would be an incredible addition to the team.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 17 May 18 11.29am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Tyrelli

Michail Antonio would be an incredible addition to the team.

Yes I agree - would be a good fit.
Can play out wide, as a striker and he scores goals from headers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 17 May 18 12.21pm Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

Id offer Cabaye a new deal with a much smaller base wage, but a big appearance bonus, something that would result in him being paid much the same if he plays the same amount of games.

Being reported he wants to stay and we are in contract negotiations [Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Reported Palace Transfer Targets