You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Watford Match Thread
August 8 2020 12.15pm

Palace vs Watford Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 26 of 33 < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View the silurian's Profile the silurian Flag The garden of England.(not really) 26 Aug 18 8.02pm Send a Private Message to the silurian Add the silurian as a friend

Originally posted by Superhorns3

Was very nasty I admit .

Capoue isn't usualy one for a bad tackle like that and he was very lucky .

Oh the old 'hes not that sort of player' routine! Well, he is that sort of player and I for one hope karma bites him hard, a nice 6/8 week injury would be good.....yeah he was lucky, so was Zaha......utter filth but only what we've come to expect of Watford.....
hope you're proud of your filthy team of thugs?

Edited by the silurian (26 Aug 2018 8.05pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 26 Aug 18 8.08pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

I just had a read on their website... They're a bit of a deluded bunch I must admit... Almost as deluded as Brighton fans!!... And f*** me do they not like us!!... Ive always found them a pretty irrelevant team really.

Shock, horror they felt Capoue challenge was a yellow... Most wished it had done some damage to Zaha which is astonishing that people would wish that on another player.
One thought they totally dominated from the first whistle and a couple of others feel that Zaha will never be as good as Pereya... It was quite funny reading really.

Let them enjoy it while they can... They are a good side but they will soon cone crashing down to earth.


 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 26 Aug 18 8.12pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

I just had a read on their website... They're a bit of a deluded bunch I must admit... Almost as deluded as Brighton fans!!... And f*** me do they not like us!!... Ive always found them a pretty irrelevant team really.

Shock, horror they felt Capoue challenge was a yellow... Most wished it had done some damage to Zaha which is astonishing that people would wish that on another player.
One thought they totally dominated from the first whistle and a couple of others feel that Zaha will never be as good as Pereya... It was quite funny reading really.

Let them enjoy it while they can... They are a good side but they will soon cone crashing down to earth.


Agree a pretty irrelevant team. But they are a quarter of the way to safety after 3 games. Id love to be in that position

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 26 Aug 18 9.02pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Superhorns3

Was very nasty I admit .

Capoue isn't usualy one for a bad tackle like that and he was very lucky .

Well I will take a lot of persuading on that point. It was totally premeditated and there now must be a call for retrospective action if the ref reviews it post-game. As for the scummy "fans" on the Watford forums who defended the assault because it was Zaha, they are a disgrace to football. Wonder what their opinion will be when Pererya is taken out

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 26 Aug 18 9.07pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Janmaats attempt to get Zaha would be laughable if it wasn't such a disgrace. Why would a professional footballer try to get another one sent off (especially as Zaha is sh**) according to the forums. Another who should have seen red, he should have got booked for his foul on PVA.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twist's Profile twist Flag Miami, Florida 26 Aug 18 9.11pm Send a Private Message to twist Add twist as a friend

Watford have no real skill or ability, what they do have in bags is energy and aggression.
How many times did they win 50/50 balls ? 80% ?

I am sure after the bad tackle on wilf, and then the yellow, it was on his mind about injury or red. They got to him and the ref let them.

But either way, if Benteke starts the next match i may well switch off early (not really, but just having the thought is a step in the wrong direction).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pikester's Profile Pikester Flag Worthing 26 Aug 18 9.20pm Send a Private Message to Pikester Add Pikester as a friend

Originally posted by manwitheagletattoo

I do wonder since Steve Reid has left the club if that extra opinion and influence is missing on the bench. I know Hodgson rated Steven Reid highly and so did the players.

Interesting theory. Some of the great managers have needed their trusty sidekick. Clough/Taylor etc.
You may be on to something.

We've seen with Wayne what changing the backroom staff can do.

We're still playing good football in patches. Cabaye was always going to be difficult to replace and maybe Mayer can grow into that role.

I think with Tomkins we may have cut out both those goals. Luka and Townsend were woeful on both. I think with Tomkins (and AWB) we'd have snuffed those out.

At the other end I hope Ayew is match fit as I think he will add a new dimension instead of hoisting it to Benteke and hoping he's remembered what he used to do 3 years ago....

 


You fed me, you bred me, I'll remember your name.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimmy's Profile Jimmy Flag Balham 26 Aug 18 10.10pm Send a Private Message to Jimmy Add Jimmy as a friend

Originally posted by the silurian

Listen you tart, even well known Palace hater Souness said it was a potential career ending tackle....definate RED all day......go back to watching Brighton why dont you??
You seem to be the only one on here who thinks there was nothing wrong with the 'tackle'

Edited by the silurian (26 Aug 2018 8.14pm)

Do... you.... feel empowered.... using dots??

It was a rake, we have all suffered worse.. (well not you, you would be crying).

 


Happy happy JOY, JOY!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 26 Aug 18 10.15pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Sorry - I haven't read the whole thread.
A draw would have been fair; we are not taking our chances: Ward isn't up to the job; Benteke has to go - play Wilf and Andros there; Schlupp had a poor game as did Luca; they are dirty B'tards.
The perfect storm really.
Other than Wilf we have no natural goalscorers- massive problem this season if you ask me.
We are not as good as we think we are!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnno42000's Profile johnno42000 Flag 26 Aug 18 10.15pm Send a Private Message to johnno42000 Add johnno42000 as a friend

Originally posted by Jimmy

Do... you.... feel empowered.... using dots??

It was a rake, we have all suffered worse.. (well not you, you would be crying).

It wasn't a rake. He jumped towards Wilfs achilles and put downward pressure into the area, not scraping down, that is not a rake and he was trying to seriously injure him.

I know what a rake is having played at a reasonable standard in the 70's and 80's.

Edited by johnno42000 (26 Aug 2018 10.18pm)

 


'Lies to the masses as are like fly's to mollasses...they want more and more and more'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Aug 18 10.16pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Well I will take a lot of persuading on that point. It was totally premeditated and there now must be a call for retrospective action if the ref reviews it post-game. As for the scummy "fans" on the Watford forums who defended the assault because it was Zaha, they are a disgrace to football. Wonder what their opinion will be when Pererya is taken out

There can be no retrospective action because the referee saw the incident and decided that a yellow would suffice.If he hadn't seen the incident then it's a different scenario.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Aug 18 10.20pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

Sorry - I haven't read the whole thread.
A draw would have been fair; we are not taking our chances: Ward isn't up to the job; Benteke has to go - play Wilf and Andros there; Schlupp had a poor game as did Luca; they are dirty B'tards.
The perfect storm really.
Other than Wilf we have no natural goalscorers- massive problem this season if you ask me.
We are not as good as we think we are!

My view entirely.
We could have been 3-0 to the good within the first 15 mins but missed gilt-edged chances in that period.
We were better in the first half and they were better in the second half.
And what a miss from Ward right at the death !
We never took our chances and they scored from poor defending out wide and from an effort intended as a cross.
Overall I felt a draw would have been the right result.

Edited by Willo (26 Aug 2018 10.22pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 26 of 33 < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Watford Match Thread