You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Money in January
December 12 2018 11.08pm

Money in January

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View premier fan's Profile premier fan Flag BR4 01 Nov 18 10.16am Send a Private Message to premier fan Add premier fan as a friend

Have we got any to spend in January? Is it all tied up in player wages or previous buys?

Having witnessed last nights shambles its clear we've got some players that are either not good enough for the squad or quite frankly not prepared to make the effort and try to impress for a return to the first team.

We can't keep relying on our 1st XI , once injuries set in there is clearly not much quality to pick from.

Who is supposed be scouting for us these days? because quite clearly Sorloth and Ayew are not good enough. Meyer produces flashes but in all fairness is not consistent enough and on last nights evidence loses the ball too much in possession...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 01 Nov 18 10.22am Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

I dont think we can spend any money can we? I dont think physically having the cash is the issue with our owners its the restrictions of FFP.. So that means creating our own funds by player sales, my concern is bar Wilf I dont know where this is coming from? We're not going to let AWB go and Benteke would be just getting back to fitness around this time so whos going to take a punt on him? so who else would we consider sacrificing? Personally, and I dont think its a popular view I would look to cash in on Andros if we can get good value. Sorloth, maybe a loan but we wont get hard cash for him? I just cant see where we are going to generate funds for our players.

Edited by MonsterMunch (01 Nov 2018 10.23am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 01 Nov 18 10.40am Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

I dont think we can spend any money can we? I dont think physically having the cash is the issue with our owners its the restrictions of FFP.. So that means creating our own funds by player sales, my concern is bar Wilf I dont know where this is coming from? We're not going to let AWB go and Benteke would be just getting back to fitness around this time so whos going to take a punt on him? so who else would we consider sacrificing? Personally, and I dont think its a popular view I would look to cash in on Andros if we can get good value. Sorloth, maybe a loan but we wont get hard cash for him? I just cant see where we are going to generate funds for our players.

Edited by MonsterMunch (01 Nov 2018 10.23am)

Riedewald could well leave, potentially releasing £6-8m.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View brides's Profile brides Flag Arnside . South lakes 01 Nov 18 10.50am Send a Private Message to brides Add brides as a friend

Sorloth - £6M

Riedewald - £8M

Schlupp - £7M


Thats £21 Million plus wages,

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pierre's Profile Pierre Flag Purley 01 Nov 18 10.55am Send a Private Message to Pierre Add Pierre as a friend

Puncheon might be another possibility to add to Riedewald.
Andros still has that better player within him, need to prize it out of him again!
Sorloth loan would be a good idea but with the FA cup coming we still need striker back up even though he is not currently ideally what we would want at the club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 01 Nov 18 10.59am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by brides

Sorloth - £6M

Riedewald - £8M

Schlupp - £7M


Thats £21 Million plus wages,

I really don't think that any club would pay £7 Mill for Schlupp.I was astonished that we paid so much for him - £9 mill rising to £11.5 Mill.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 01 Nov 18 11.17am Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

Unfortunately, we have some terrible players collecting fat wage packets, e.g. Schlupp on 50k+ per week. There is no way we're going to shift these to other clubs without taking a massive loss and also paying some sort of wage contribution, because these players aren't going to accept offers of wages befitting their ability. And so we're stuck with a pretty thin, but hugely expensive squad, that we can't really refurbish because we're not going to be able to make any player sales.

Good news is that we can send Ayew back and get in one or two loan players come January. We'll probably get another donkey, but I suppose law of averages means we'll eventually find someone useful if we keep sticking our hand in...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Harborough Eagle's Profile Harborough Eagle Flag Market Harborough, Leicestershire 01 Nov 18 11.49am Send a Private Message to Harborough Eagle Add Harborough Eagle as a friend

Never looked dangerous up front last night and Ayew might just as well not turned up..very poor. Flashes of Townsend who always worked hard but Sorloth....perhaps keep for the FA cup otherwise loan him out as not developing.

 


Red and Blue though and through (more than 50 years)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 01 Nov 18 12.19pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by brides

Sorloth - £6M

Riedewald - £8M

Schlupp - £7M


Thats £21 Million plus wages,


Who is going to any of those figures? Sorloth -no chance, Riedewald- We paid £8m, surely hes depreciated during his time with us. Possibly Schlupp an established PL player, somehow. Only my opinion

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 01 Nov 18 1.14pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

The buck stops with Freedman (& Parish) WTF is Freedman doing to earn his money?

 


[Link]
Give us a like & Follow

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 01 Nov 18 1.41pm Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

I dont think we can spend any money can we? I dont think physically having the cash is the issue with our owners its the restrictions of FFP.


That'd be more believable if similar sized clubs (and smaller) were continually dining out on that excuse the way Parish does.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Nov 18 1.42pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by premier fan

Have we got any to spend in January? Is it all tied up in player wages or previous buys?

Having witnessed last nights shambles its clear we've got some players that are either not good enough for the squad or quite frankly not prepared to make the effort and try to impress for a return to the first team.

We can't keep relying on our 1st XI , once injuries set in there is clearly not much quality to pick from.

Who is supposed be scouting for us these days? because quite clearly Sorloth and Ayew are not good enough. Meyer produces flashes but in all fairness is not consistent enough and on last nights evidence loses the ball too much in possession...

How many starts, apps, or minutes has Meyer had?

According to the Meyer thread he received multiple hospital balls, surrounded by our complete dross. Compare that to linking up with Zaha et al, creating an Ďassistí and hitting the bar. He had another assist earlier this season. He obviously has talent. Itís up to the manager to use it, not sit him on the bench because heís not suited to keeping it 0-0 in hope we get that loose ball chance. That wonít last.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Money in January