You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
August 18 2019 5.48am

The Wan Bissaka thread (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 27 of 106 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

Topic Locked

View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 11 Jun 19 5.00pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Why any fan would approve of selling our best talent is beyond me.
When you have watched as many years of mediocrity as I have to support this club, it seems totally pointless to splash out season ticket money just to see any hope of success disappear out the door every time.

What about if the bid was one trillion pounds?

Okay so it won't be one trillion pounds but so what? You have your valuation (though you deny it) and others have theirs.

I believe the club needs to take a little care over it's finances if it's to thrive.

And personally, I'm just not as sold on AWB as almost everyone else. People see a career progression for him that I'm not so sure about.

I would approve the same of any player if I thought the net result would be a stronger club. And that's what I believe here.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 11 Jun 19 5.14pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

What about if the bid was one trillion pounds?

Okay so it won't be one trillion pounds but so what? You have your valuation (though you deny it) and others have theirs.

I believe the club needs to take a little care over it's finances if it's to thrive.

And personally, I'm just not as sold on AWB as almost everyone else. People see a career progression for him that I'm not so sure about.

I would approve the same of any player if I thought the net result would be a stronger club. And that's what I believe here.

I am also in this 'Camp'.Work-in-progress as far as I am concerned and maybe he won't develop into the full-back that many believe he is at the present time.Converted winger,still young and on a learning curve but in my humble opinion has the potential to become a really top good player.

Edited by Willo (11 Jun 2019 5.35pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 11 Jun 19 6.07pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Man you are full of it, as per usual.

So if we sell AWB we instantly become a mickey mouse club with no ambition?

Ok.

LMAO.

To me, selling AWB spells trouble.

I hope you are looking forward to another season of relegation struggle.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 11 Jun 19 6.10pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

What about if the bid was one trillion pounds?

Okay so it won't be one trillion pounds but so what? You have your valuation (though you deny it) and others have theirs.

I believe the club needs to take a little care over it's finances if it's to thrive.

And personally, I'm just not as sold on AWB as almost everyone else. People see a career progression for him that I'm not so sure about.

I would approve the same of any player if I thought the net result would be a stronger club. And that's what I believe here.

It won't be a trillion pounds and we won't get a better team as a result.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (11 Jun 2019 6.12pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 11 Jun 19 6.37pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Only on a football forum could one say that £8,250 per week is not a decent wage

we should offer him a new contract of 100k a week, but insert a £80m release clause.

everybody wins.

do the same for wilf but for 150k & £100m release clause.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View black eagle.'s Profile black eagle. Flag south croydon. 11 Jun 19 7.16pm Send a Private Message to black eagle. Add black eagle. as a friend

Some reports on Twitter saying AWB to Manure is done with them paying us £53 million plus £7 million in add one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View davehuggins's Profile davehuggins Flag 11 Jun 19 7.20pm Send a Private Message to davehuggins Add davehuggins as a friend

Wow, if so then we need to sort a replacement. Fair price in today's very silly market.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View TomThePalaceFanatic's Profile TomThePalaceFanatic Flag 11 Jun 19 7.21pm Send a Private Message to TomThePalaceFanatic Add TomThePalaceFanatic as a friend

£60m buys 2 Sakho's effectively. If we could sign a good replacement RB and midfielder or striker for around that mark then he has to go.

Can't see his value ever growing as Alexander-Arnold or Walker is England's number one right back and his contract length is only going to shorten.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 11 Jun 19 7.27pm Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Think people who are saying `keep him at the moment and sell him next year` are forgetting that the offer is on the table now. Man United won't wait a year to sign a right back, a position they need to fill after Valencia has left and Young not getting any younger (ahh the pun). United need to build and it all seems that they are having a change in recent policy of bringing in younger potential talent (bought the young fella from Swansea). Life is often about timing. United's need is now and which other clubs are in the position to, or have the will to pay 50-60 mill for AWB?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 11 Jun 19 7.31pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Mwncisee

Think people who are saying `keep him at the moment and sell him next year` are forgetting that the offer is on the table now. Man United won't wait a year to sign a right back, a position they need to fill after Valencia has left and Young not getting any younger (ahh the pun). United need to build and it all seems that they are having a change in recent policy of bringing in younger potential talent (bought the young fella from Swansea). Life is often about timing. United's need is now and which other clubs are in the position to, or have the will to pay 50-60 mill for AWB?

Are you a United fan?

why do you care about the money?

Are you a football fan or a bank manager?

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (11 Jun 2019 7.32pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View TomThePalaceFanatic's Profile TomThePalaceFanatic Flag 11 Jun 19 7.34pm Send a Private Message to TomThePalaceFanatic Add TomThePalaceFanatic as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Are you a United fan?

why do you care about the money?

Are you a football fan or a bank manager?

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (11 Jun 2019 7.32pm)

Hypothetically £60m buys two quality players that strengthen the first eleven. We generally have naturally defensively minded managers, so right back isn't that vital a position to have a world class player. No brainer to sell him if we get £60m. Any less and reject it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 11 Jun 19 7.37pm Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Are you a United fan?

why do you care about the money?

Are you a football fan or a bank manager?

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (11 Jun 2019 7.32pm)

I'm a football fan who is smart enough to know that the future of any club is based on it's finances.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 27 of 106 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic