You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan
June 1 2020 5.50pm

Sadiq Khan

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 21 of 22 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

 

View punksnotdead's Profile punksnotdead Flag croydon 19 May 20 10.03am Send a Private Message to punksnotdead Add punksnotdead as a friend

Even the majority of black cab drivers feel sorry for the uber drivers, it's only a small minority that moan about them, but they need to realise that the apps are here to stay and get used to the fact that the younger passengers will not pay up for black cabs, don't carry cash and like the fact that their journey is pre priced.
Dinosaurs died out because they couldn't evolve and the same will happen to a lot of cabbies if they don't, which is a shame because they offer a great service for London.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 May 20 11.22am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

The knowledge is a sat nav now I'm afraid.
It was needed back in the days of map books but now is totally not needed. I've worked in london for years and know my way around pretty well. Tip is if you want to go east to west or Visa versa get south of the water avoiding the embankment and A501.
North to south is get east or far left then dog leg across.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 19 May 20 3.12pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by punksnotdead

All this anti Uber stuff is very old Croydon proud, and don't forget that it was Johnson and not Khan who gave them their licence, in fact Khan has been holding them to account since he got in, along with trying to clear up the rest of the very expensive mistakes that Johnson made.

If you read my earlier post punksnot you will see i am blaming the CON pm Cameron, CON chancellor Osborne,and CON London mayor bojo, for letting them in , illegally, i"m not blaming Khan, although said he is as useless as bojo, all pro cycling and cycle lanes, fuelling traffic chaos on the embankment and pollution! I"m just happy that Cryrst is happy for illegal immigrants to come in, drive the public around London, with no hire and reward insurance, and stated they are lovely people probably, i hope i don"t see him moaning about boatloads of Iranians coming over the channel in another post, that was worth the uber sideline chat alone! I don"t have an issue with uber drivers, they are just making a living like us all, i do have an issue with the CON servative pm, chancellor and London mayor facilitating their arrivalillegally for a large brown envelope and trying to destroy a 400 year old trade, it"s a race to the bottom and the working masses are going to find out soon enough!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View elgrande's Profile elgrande Flag bedford 19 May 20 3.16pm Send a Private Message to elgrande Add elgrande as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Donít like people and small talk that much. I was a despatch rider.

I used to be a despatch rider,late 70s early 80s

 


always a Norwood boy, where ever I live.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View elgrande's Profile elgrande Flag bedford 19 May 20 3.18pm Send a Private Message to elgrande Add elgrande as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

The knowledge is a sat nav now I'm afraid.
It was needed back in the days of map books but now is totally not needed. I've worked in london for years and know my way around pretty well. Tip is if you want to go east to west or Visa versa get south of the water avoiding the embankment and A501.
North to south is get east or far left then dog leg across.

Sat nav doesn't give you names of buildings...the knowledge is second to none.

 


always a Norwood boy, where ever I live.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 19 May 20 3.26pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I''m not a fan of Uber they seem to exploit their staff across the world. That said it is ridiculous that TFL are not allowed to control the number of licenses issued and certainly disgraceful that checks criminal and identity were not done properly.

Black cabs are quick to defend their rights yet the model has changed driven by market forces. If they want any sympathy then they should look at their own pricing structure. You would expect to pay more for a black cab due to the type of vehicle they drive plus the "knowledge" however they are far too expensive and need to reduce their fares if they want my support.


Yeah, well said Badger, to be fair the games finished, a new electric taxi was 67 k, now its 57k, still a lot of wonga for a vehicle you can keep for 10 years max, before buying another new one, a driver pays 5% on every card job, and they are the majority, why should the driver lose 5% on every fare? Technology has caught up with the job, if you want to drive a taxi in London you need to do 12-14 hour shifts, 7 days a week, its a lot of work for not a lot of reward, and a load of paying out! 2 mot per year, insurance, road tax, meter rental, dbs certificate, doctors 5 min medical at £140, aa, licence fee, repairs to taxi, then tax at the end of the year if you show a profit! Better off living off the state and spending zilch!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 May 20 4.31pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

If you read my earlier post punksnot you will see i am blaming the CON pm Cameron, CON chancellor Osborne,and CON London mayor bojo, for letting them in , illegally, i"m not blaming Khan, although said he is as useless as bojo, all pro cycling and cycle lanes, fuelling traffic chaos on the embankment and pollution! I"m just happy that Cryrst is happy for illegal immigrants to come in, drive the public around London, with no hire and reward insurance, and stated they are lovely people probably, i hope i don"t see him moaning about boatloads of Iranians coming over the channel in another post, that was worth the uber sideline chat alone! I don"t have an issue with uber drivers, they are just making a living like us all, i do have an issue with the CON servative pm, chancellor and London mayor facilitating their arrivalillegally for a large brown envelope and trying to destroy a 400 year old trade, it"s a race to the bottom and the working masses are going to find out soon enough!

11000 illegals eh! If the reg nos are monitored on the x 1000s of cameras in london then I'm sure they are checked with the owners and insurance details then plod can pay them a visit. Also if these iranian immigrants crossing the channel are proved to be escaping tyranny and persecution then why would I moan. Would you? If they are proved to be after dough then yes I will moan. Does that answer your loaded question/statement. Tbh it seems this is because khant is labour and it's because labour lost the election and you still cannot get over it. You will have another chance to change that in four years or so. Good luck.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 May 20 4.33pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


Yeah, well said Badger, to be fair the games finished, a new electric taxi was 67 k, now its 57k, still a lot of wonga for a vehicle you can keep for 10 years max, before buying another new one, a driver pays 5% on every card job, and they are the majority, why should the driver lose 5% on every fare? Technology has caught up with the job, if you want to drive a taxi in London you need to do 12-14 hour shifts, 7 days a week, its a lot of work for not a lot of reward, and a load of paying out! 2 mot per year, insurance, road tax, meter rental, dbs certificate, doctors 5 min medical at £140, aa, licence fee, repairs to taxi, then tax at the end of the year if you show a profit! Better off living off the state and spending zilch!

Tax at the end of the year is normal for self employed people. Should cabbies not pay tax then because uber happened.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 May 20 4.49pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Ha ha sweet or salty popcorn

Gotta be Butterkist. Does that make me a heathen?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 May 20 4.50pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by elgrande

I used to be a despatch rider,late 70s early 80s

Same as me then. I wonder if we know people in common.

I also went on to drive trucks but only 7.5 tonners.

Edited by Mapletree (19 May 2020 4.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 May 20 4.55pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Gotta be Butterkist. Does that make me a heathen?

No way pedro. Who eats salty popcorn and why?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 May 20 5.26pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

No way pedro. Who eats salty popcorn and why?

I am beginning to admire your taste

Mind you, you come from Chatham so you should be a salty sea dog.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 21 of 22 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan